go kart insurance question

21racefan

I have a client who is interested in insuring a go kart. does anybody out there carry insurance on their kart or equipment and if so what company wrote the insurance for you? I appreciate any feedback you might have as the company I write insurance for does not do this type of line of insurance and I ahve tried several insurance brokers and came up empty handed.

Thanks!

never heard of anything like that before. you can insure yourself, but trying to insure your kart would be a different story.

21racefan I was told by state farm to take pictures of all our stuff and make a log of approximent value and our insurance policy would cover any losses. Now I no insurance guy but I did do what I was told and knock on wood I have not had any problems to file a claim. Hope this helps

thanks racefan16 for the reply.....I work for State Farm in Missouri. Are you loated in Missouri? when I saw your post I called my underwriter again becuase I was not able to write insurance for a customer. Here's what they explained to me....there is no physical damage coverage on this type of equipment....racing karts or just for fun pleasure ....liability from homeowners insurance extends to the go kart if it is on the premises and something happens or on your own property; like if you owned some land somewhere and ran the kart around there. But there is no coverage for the equipment itself if it gets stolen etc or in a racing situation.....

Please double check with your insurance agent and ask on what policy they are covering this on, and have them double check that you really have coverage, in Missouri it is my understanding that there isn't coverage. Let me know what you find out. I appreciate it.

Its covered under my trailer insurance off of my property and I also have it covered under my homeowners. Now as for as racing damages its not covered. just for theft.

Back