Godfrey Speedway decision

PARTSGUY

After several hours of thought.
The four classes that will be ran at Godfrey Speedway for 2005 are Ump Late Models, Ump modifieds (a-mods),sportsman, street stocks.
Although the b-mods are a good class with alot of good competitive drivers, I have decided not to run them on the regular weekly show.
Sorry for any inconvenience

George Carroll

Thanks for taking the time...and talking to alot of the driver's involved. We know it was a hard decision..and wont make everyone happy. And thanks for giving everyone plenty of time to get ready for next year..outta be a good one. See ya there...Mike

I wish Godfrey the best, but I wonder if many of the B-mod drivers will bolt on a 4-barrell and run with the A-mods. I have also heard that qualifying is now just a bad memory. Bravo, George Carroll!

Sounds like a wonderful plan for 2005. Hopefully this will speed things along good enough to be out of the by 10:00 or 11:00 with all the races done. Glad to see the track taking steps to make the show better. Can't wait till 2005!!!

Does George Know , The Pay Off For The Classes Yet??? Would Like To See, Since They Kept Changing Last Year !!! Thanks

he said there will be a split purse, 14+ cars and less than 14. 1000 lm, 500 mods, 175 street stocks, and i assume the sportsman will be the same as last year now that we know we are running in 2005.

RUDY PU RACING said:
he said there will be a split purse, 14+ cars and less than 14. 1000 lm

What will the LM purse be for 0-13 cars? Hopefully the count won't get that low, but if they aren't guaranteed 1k to win...Remember, MCS upped their minimum, regardless of count, from 600-750 after those first several weeks of sub-10 car fields.

Hopefully they'll continue to get a decent field of LMs and this will all be rendered moot.

Also, from a fan's standpoint, I wonder what spectator admission will be.

George said at the drivers meeting that the prices for the pits and grand stands would remain the same. Pits $22.00 and grand stand $11.00.

Who's gonna be the flag man(the old flag man Jonny Johnson), corner guys or gals, and is he bringing back the old scorers back? Le Ann, and I think the other one's were Debbie and Vicki ?

I wish you the best of luck George. ;)

Cindy :D

ANY BANQUET INFO>>>
They could pay their own way, a plaque or at least certificate would go a long way

Back