Godfrey's curfew questions

The Devil's Advocate

The Teller of Truths
With the NALMS at Godfrey Friday night, are we, the race fan, going to be able to see the full feature, or will they run the Late Models last and get cut short by the curfew?

It has been announced that the curfew is 11pm, and the penalty for going over is "5 figures". The scuttlebutt in the back of the bleachers is that this is not a curfew imposed by the city, but by owner Barry Seiler. Is there any truth to this?

If it is true, what is he trying to accomplish? If false, how can the city arbitrarily impose a fine that steep? What ordinance are they violating? If it is a noise issue, why couldn't mufflers be required, as is the case in Highland and several other regions of the country?

Now for the big question-

Why does there have to be any discussion of curfew at all? With a little better organization and 2 wreckers, the races should always be done well before the 11 o'clock hour. Get cars packing the track as soon as they unload, dump qualifying and hotlaps, and quit trying to get inside the driver's head when calling a caution. If a caution comes out and you stop and make contact, you are part of the wreck. This procedure of determining that only one car causing a caution is ridiculous. Sometimes there is more than one driver at fault, and they all need to be sent to the back. Only in the most obvious cases of intentionally causing a wreck should a driver be given his spot back.

I will!!!!

I will call the city today and see if there is a curfew? And Let you all know what they tell me....and then I will finish this post of mine...lol;)

Well...well

Just got off the phone with the Godfrey's Mayor Secrutary and she is telling me that they have gotten a "few" complaint's from the citizins about the races ending late..."wonder who that could be" I asked her what is the time for the race to be over she "thinks at 11:05" I then asked her well is there a charge if they go over? She said she don't know? I then asked her what we could do as Race fans to go away with the new "curfew"....she then told me she would not argue with me on the phone? ok 1 I did not argue I was just trying to get some public INFO...2 Don't ya think she of all people would know when they are suppose to end..3...she asks for my name and # finally to get all these ????'s answered for me???? Then before we hang up she told me that the next time I want to know somthing I need to call the owner of the track...so I told her as long as she has a job she will continue to answer my questions!!!! So lets just see if she calls me back or not? If she don't call me back by Thursday,, I will have to call her back!!!Now I know that some like this new rule but I will be sure to tell U THAT I DON'T!!!! I could understand if it was not a work day...by all means they should have plenty of time...but meaning that it is a Friday "which means check day for most of us" and due to traffic it will take a few!!! Well anyway you know what I am saying? But anyway when and if she calls me back I will let everyone know what she says!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Here is the # to the mayors office in Godfrey. Maybe he can help you. Good Luck 618-466-3324

I don't like the curfews either. To go over the 11pm curfew by minutes is one thing. But, Godfrey has violated it by over an hour a few times this season. I think that is rediculous given the # of cars they have averaged.

Ok...just got off the phone with not only the Mayor but also his secratary again??? Now this is what I was just told not even 5min ago...he said that there is no such curfew with the city and the racetrack....and he/and she said that it would be hard to have one due to it is a Friday night.."wow just like I said" anyway she said that Chad and the "owner" must have a contract between them....she/and he both said that there is no fee's paid to them..."except a $500.00 liquer license"....they suggest if anyone has anymore questions on this to contact the "owner" because they have nothing to do with it...or if they still have questions to call her I believe her name was Carol...and she was really nice the 2nd time that I spoke with her....but anyway it boils down to this thier is no contract with the city and the track saying if they run they will be charged after a 11......nope nope nope...so now what??????????????????????:confused:

:confused:
Well I just got done talking with a friend and she said that at the Drivers meeting Chad told them that it was Seiler that said that? That Seiler is the one who said that they have to be done by 11...hmmm now what kind of Bull@^^@
is that???? I don't know??? Guess I will beleive this one now since I talked to the mayor today too:eek: ...............well hey Seiler if your reading this let the racer's,just race can't beleive that the owner of all people would do such a thing:mad: ....if I am wrong on any of this....I am sorry....but I am, well was just a curious fan!!!!!!!

IWARD,,great dicktective work there,,i got a buddy that thinks his bag is a-cheating kind-a woman,,he just might could use your sluthing service,,,,how much you charge per houre?

I heard from a well known sorce that seiler get's a $1 for every person that walks throught the gate. If so, Why not keep the fans happy by running a complete show and you will keep getting more fans to return and bring more fans to your track. Now I know why it is $11 to enter your track rather than $10. I don't care if the races get over at 3 am or at 10 pm, as long as all races are not cut short and run all scheduled laps.

cblgy11 said:
I heard from a well known sorce that seiler get's a $1 for every person that walks throught the gate. If so, Why not keep the fans happy by running a complete show and you will keep getting more fans to return and bring more fans to your track. Now I know why it is $11 to enter your track rather than $10. I don't care if the races get over at 3 am or at 10 pm, as long as all races are not cut short and run all scheduled laps.
:) You know I really completely agree with you 100%......^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Tell you what for fan appr. night can we run without cutting short....and don't we also have an extra feature too this Friday? " Think so"!!!

And hey Fireball what's with the comment you just made sure would like to know? I was just trying to figure out what was going on? And I think alot of other people do to????:confused:

Seiler must be a non race fan that had too much money on hand and decided to screw with a racetrack. I drive 2 hours to race and watch Godfrey on Friday nites, When my class gets cut, It cost a lot more than my 22$ entry. I cannot believe it is the owner that imposes such a ridiculous curfew. Thats just sad.

Food for thought people..Seiler also..builds and sells houses and buildings in the general area. May be trying to be a good neighbor..to keep himself in good conditions with the surrounding comunity.

If you buy a house by a race track and near 2 railroad tracks should noise one night a week be your main concern.?

Well i agree. If you buy a house by a race track you are asking for late nights on the weekend. And are they going to tell the trains they cant blow their horns after 11 either? Well as far as the track owner putting the curfew on the track, whats he going to do when drivers quit coming out there because they never get there features in. Chad has done a good job this year trying to make everyone happy, its never going to happen though. All i can say is, as stated many times before from everyone, get a tow company in there, start at 7 sharp, and start taking a brief intermission instead of the 10-15 min ones they have been taking. I dont run a track though, and probably never will, so i dont know all the answers, all i can do is voice my suggestions.

well, i have read some good opinions about this....and they seem to be true!!!
Ok so he races? And he gets a dollar for every adult admission...and he don't want to be rude cuz he builds houses around there in the "general area"...ok and there is a train track???? Ok 1 yes I do agree that chad is doing a very awesome job running the show...2 if seiler is racing out there which now I know who is didn't even think of that "stupid me again" well his night is paid for if he is getting that 1 dollar per person...People let me tell you that Godfrey is my favorite track and this really is bothering me now....I am just glad that I got to hear the truth for myself today from the mayor of Godfrey!!!! I don't agree with why his reasoning is to shut down at 11 but guess I don't have or none of us for that matter have to agree cuz he wants to make himself happy and not his "Seiler" fans.....I have said in many other posts I will stay till the races are over...then I say goodnight!!!! And when they are racing lets just say this if we want to get picky I can hear that train over the race cars when they are racing?..but i bet they get their customers to where there going so they will be happy and want to ride again....ok so we got the point...I'm out for now????? Everyone have a good night!!!!!!:)

Back