Gold Crown Midget Nationals Cancelled???

FaithfulFan

www.eatonracing.net
I just heard on Nascar Radio (satellite radio) that the Gold Crown Midget Nationals at TCS have been postponed until 2010. Is there any truth to this???

USAC Website

WEATHER FORCES GOLD CROWN MIDGET NATIONALS CANCELLATION

This weekend’s DuPont Gold Crown Midget Nationals at the Tri-City Speedway in Pontoon Beach, Ill. have been cancelled. Officials of USAC, Powri and Tri-City Speedway are discussing possible rescheduling of the event in early 2010 and will have an announcement regarding that when it is firm.

“Heavy rains are forecast for the next 48 hours, followed by extreme low temperatures, “said USAC President/CEO Kevin Miller. ”Our concerns for our fans and teams traveling to this grand event and incurring costs over the next couple of days while being subjected to the inclement weather led to what we collectively felt was the prudent decision. We are extremely disappointed that the weather has not cooperated and we look forward to rescheduling this event in 2010 at a time when all involved can fully enjoy the experience.”

Race organizers Kevin and Tammy Gundaker expressed their disappointment as well: “All of us here at Tri-City share the disappointment of the cancellation of the 2nd Annual “Gold Crown Midget Nationals. The nation’s top drivers were all pre-entered, making this one of the best open-wheel weekends for competitors as well as fans. The Gold Crown will return in 2010. Details regarding the 2010 Tri-City Speedway schedule will be posted on our website at www.tricityspeedway.net.”

In associated news, the accompanying USAC .25 Midget “Generation Next Tour” Round 7, slated at Gateway International Raceway this weekend, has also been postponed and a new site for this weekend’s events is being finalized and will be announced later today.

wow...bummer...

took vacation days for this

was hoping they could have a two day show Sat and Sun

Looks like the Gundakers have ruined a few plans for alot. Maybe now they will look into a drainage system. They seem to prematurely call races over a forecast. Dont see why they couldn't move it to fri, sat and sun. It looked better than cancelling the show, but i guess when you didn't think of a drainage system when you rebuilt the track, than it didn't matter how much it messed things up to others either. Thats why i dont visit this track but two or three times a year cause the owners are not at all there for the fans, just themselves. I guess i better stop before the truth starts hurting people. Thanks again Gundakers for a plot well f______!!!!!!

Can anyone ever NOT b**ch about races getting called off? I'd be glad if I was planning on a 10-15 hour drive and found out 3 days before we had to leave that it was called off, rather then get there only to find a giant mud hole. THINK OF THE ONES WITH A LONG TRIP!!! Quit b**ching dam!

If you can do better, Benton is for sale, BUY it and RUN it or STFU allready!!!

Can anyone ever NOT b**ch about races getting called off? I'd be glad if I was planning on a 10-15 hour drive and found out 3 days before we had to leave that it was called off, rather then get there only to find a giant mud hole. THINK OF THE ONES WITH A LONG TRIP!!! Quit b**ching dam!

If you can do better, Benton is for sale, BUY it and RUN it or STFU allready!!!

thank you very much. usac had as much to do w/ the call im sure as the gundakers did. most of these guys have a long haul to make to get there so id be happy if they called it too before i drove cross country and wasted a lot of $$ just to get there and make nothing back for it. very smart decision imo. good call 44taylorfan

I'm confused. Did no one else look at the weather? They're forecasting TWO-FIVE inches of rain over the next 24 hours with extremely cool temperatures to follow. I don't think a drainage system would have allowed them to run. Good call in my opinion, especially so far in advance. better luck next year.

WTF? I thought there
were other people on this planet but after reading your post, I guess you are the only one that matters, or you're so d----- spoiled nobody else counts.

ptony39 Looks like the Gundakers have ruined a few plans for alot. Maybe now they will look into a drainage system. They seem to prematurely call races over a forecast. Dont see why they couldn't move it to fri, sat and sun. It looked better than cancelling the show, but i guess when you didn't think of a drainage system when you rebuilt the track, than it didn't matter how much it messed things up to others either. Thats why i dont visit this track but two or three times a year cause the owners are not at all there for the fans, just themselves. I guess i better stop before the truth starts hurting people. Thanks again Gundakers for a plot well f______!!!!!!

WEATHER FORCES GOLD CROWN MIDGET NATIONALS CANCELLATION]

“Heavy rains are forecast for the next 48 hours, followed by extreme low temperatures, “said USAC President/CEO Kevin Miller. ”Our concerns for our fans and teams traveling to this grand event and incurring costs over the next couple of days while being subjected to the inclement weather led to what we collectively felt was the prudent decision. We are extremely disappointed that the weather has not cooperated and we look forward to rescheduling this event in 2010 at a time when all involved can fully enjoy the experience.”

Hey ptony39 maybe you should read the other post before saying that the Gundakers hade everything to do with the cancellation. Not sure anywhere else that cares more about the fans and the racers than tri-city imo...

Looks like the Gundakers have ruined a few plans for alot. Maybe now they will look into a drainage system. They seem to prematurely call races over a forecast. Dont see why they couldn't move it to fri, sat and sun. It looked better than cancelling the show, but i guess when you didn't think of a drainage system when you rebuilt the track, than it didn't matter how much it messed things up to others either. Thats why i dont visit this track but two or three times a year cause the owners are not at all there for the fans, just themselves. I guess i better stop before the truth starts hurting people. Thanks again Gundakers for a plot well f______!!!!!!

If you read the press releases, it was joint decision to cancel the event between USAC, POWRi and the track.

The weather, if it happens the way it is being predicted, would make it a mess all the way around. Wet grounds will stop the races. Cold temperatures will keep fans out of the stands.

If you had to drive for hours to get to the track, would you rather not waste your time and money and get notified before hand or drive to Granite City and get turned around? Use your common sense and consider it a good call by all the organizations involved.

Don't totally blame the Gundakers! The Gundakers can not contol Mother Nature as neither can you. Be thankful that the Gundrakes put the program together and tried to give you a show like this.

wow; who lit the fuse on ptony's tampon? usac cancelled it; not the track. maybe you should read it thouroughly before you post. there are lots of travelling tems, not just the local guys coming.. this gives the benefit of staying home. 2 to 4 inches of predicted rainfall 24 hours or less before the event... drainage system or not, no dirt track can handle that amount!

Two Words. BRAIN DAMAGE!!!!

Doe"s any one know this ptony39? Sounds like a snot nosed punk kid to me.

Give it a rest dude it was the right call all around for everybody.

JMO

Yeah Kevin, Why'd you have to schedule this on a week of heavy rains? Next time look at the super long range forecast and pick a better week. :D

On a serious note, is there any chance guys like Ptony, who habitually post trash, can be booted from the board? For crying out loud...it's going to rain like crazy. Obviously, the right call was made here.

Pouring rain in Granite City for about an hour now! Maybe USAC & POWRi should have signed a tire deal with Interco and ran Super Swampers this weekend.

ptony39... wonder what he is thinking right now??? Bet I know.. "Why don't they just put water skis on the front and trolley motors on so they can race!!! I just don't understand what the problem is???" (in my best smart arse voice) HAHAHA

Been raining up here all night and all day. Our ditch went from bone dry to full in a matter of 2 hours. I can imagine what it's like down south :O

Hasn't stopped raining in Granite City all day. I don't think the Super Swampers would have even helped this weekend. Way to go Kevin, USAC, POWRi, everyone knows that the weather channel gives a 365 day forecast on the 2nd Tuesday in the 1st week of January;)

I guess with all the flash flood warnings and the call for all this rain the Good Lord forgot to exempt the local tracks :rolleyes: Get OFF these promoters behinds they ALL do the best they can do. They lose money when they cancel. Advertisement alone cost a fortune ! No returns ! No money ! And believe it or not in the Enterprise World we live in making a profit is really what it is all about ! NOT YOU PHONEY 39 ! :eek:

Lisa Jones

Back