Goodyears on a mod?

38Flannery

i like goodyears on my street stock, they roll good and last better than the hoosiers i feel. it mite just be a driver prefrence, but my question is. besides no points and no payout money is there anything else wrong with running goodyears on a mod? i will be running at highland were they run the goodyears in the street stock class. thank you

the whole point of why there are rules for each class is to level the playing field, otherwise one guy might perfer to run latemodel tires, another might like studded ice tires, first thing you know it gets kinda crazy.

yea i guess that makes since, but the goodyears are equal to a hoosier e-mod. they are the same size just different pattern and rubber. well be on hoosiers when we get it out untill we can get an answer from an important official cause so far all weve got is, well i dont know. ha so thanks guys

yea i guess that makes since, but the goodyears are equal to a hoosier e-mod. they are the same size just different pattern and rubber. well be on hoosiers when we get it out untill we can get an answer from an important official cause so far all weve got is, well i dont know. ha so thanks guys

Straight from UMP's website. No one that is more important than them. And if the goodyears have a different pattern and rubber then they aren't equal to the Hoosier.

16.2. The UMP DIRTcar approved tire is the Hoosier A-40, D-40 or H-40 compounds in the UMP DIRTcar plated tire 26.5/8.0/15 or 27.5/8.0/15. Maximum width = 9” (nine inches).

yea ive seen that but, i dont see besides the fact of no points or payout why they would be harm. they are the same size, ive seen them on mods before they just have a square pattern like a latemodel tire.

yea ive seen that but, i dont see besides the fact of no points or payout why they would be harm. they are the same size, ive seen them on mods before they just have a square pattern like a latemodel tire.

Because rules is rules and it says ya gotta have Hoosiers on to compete :confused:

Lets look at it this way, you could run them then be disqualified after every race and start in the back of the heats, b-mains and never run a feature unless there are not enough legal cars to fill the a-main..If you like to waste money that much I could use a sponsor for our motor rebuild....If it is seat time you want then i would suggest hit all the play days in the area and only pay 10 bucks to run...Good luck!!!

I don't think they would be allowed to let you run them in a UMP sanctioned race. If UMP found out they would probably ream the promoter or threaten to pull his sanction. UMP gets a big check from Hoosier to be their tire.

i wasnt sure if they would make me start the back or not let me run. then i read about the promoter thing. and yes i wanted seat time, ill be at every possible play day. thanks.

Tires

I may be mistaken but if a promoter allows this all other cars on the track at the time would not be able to recieve ump points

tires

i dont see why a guy cant just go to play day and pay his money and burn up some tires that arent legal isnt his money and no one elses buisness

The only reason would be it’s not a good “test.” … The car will behave differently on Goodyears versus Hoosiers… Otherwise no one will care what would be used on a playday.

Back