Granite Status

Any new info on how the new 3/8 track is coming along? I never get over that direction much unless its to race.

Just curious as to how far along they are in the project.

All I have seen is the guardrails in turn 1,2,3,4 on thr half are gone other than that not much. We have had alot of rain so that has slowed things down,now there is a cold front moving in this week with sleet, snow, rain, temp Thursday nite is spoda be about 24, so that mite put things on hold.

I went out to the track last Friday at 4:30, and they were taking down the last of the 1/2 mile guardrail in turn four.

I'm sorry, but I really don't see this track being ready for the 2007 season. Not with the long range forecast for December, January and February being stormy as well.

Look how much longer it took Lucas Oil Speedway to get up and running.

I'm sorry, but I really don't see this track being ready for the 2007 season. Not with the long range forecast for December, January and February being stormy as well.

No disprespect meant, but I'm not sure one can put much stock in a forecast made in November for February.

But I also wonder if the track will be ready by early April.

I wouldn't sweat it, I have seen racetracks spring up from an un-touched cow pasture in December to racing in April. Too much is already in place at Granite, and with funding no problem, barring Noah's ark weather, you'll be racing on time imho......

No one thought Busch Stadium would be done in time for April either, But I think as long as the dirt is not froze, they will be moving it in place.

Any rain delays a construction project, especially dirt. And long range projections are putting this winter at being fairly wet (snow, ice and rain).

Back