Great job Godfrey!

SSstocker

After arriving last night we thought there was no way we'd be racing.
Track looked bad!
Tom & crew did a great job at making track very racey.My hats off to ya! :)

Also Glad to see concession learned to cook food without burning it.Good job!

Sstocker, concerning the quality of concesion stand food, do you remember how abysmal the track food was at Godfrey in the old days--then again, everything was abysmal at Godfrey back in the day, as anyone who ever braved the turn two restroom or the scary backstretch bleachers will attest :):)There are tracks that have better food, but if ever there's an award for most improved track food, Godfrey would have to take that hands down.

When we got to Godfrey last night the track was awful, nothing but huge mounds of mud. It looked hopeless. The track crew turned the mud bog into a very fast, very smooth speedway. The races started at about 8:50 and ended before 12:00. I was very impressed at the miracle Tom Seets and his crew produced. All the people that came and left and didn't wait it out like everyone else did missed out big time. I hope these people that left don't go around bashing Godfrey for having a bad track. It just took them a little longer than expected to get it going. Great job guys, thanks for a great night of racing. In my opinion Chad and crew have made a 180 degree turn from last year. The only improvement I can think of is to START ON TIME. If you haven't checked out Godfrey Speedway it's defenately worth it. Keep up the great work!

Very impressive job by the track crew last night. The track was in great shape and they did a great job of speeding the program along. Kinda makes you wonder why that kind of efficiency can't be used every night at all the tracks. I'm really impressed with Godfrey this year.

Great job with the track, it looked hopeless when we got there. It ended up being very fast, for the poeple who stayed, it was a great show. Chad, Tom, and the whole crew have really tuned things around for the better. The car count and quality of drivers is awesome. Keep up the good work.

Good racing last night.

Was Melvin blackflagged in the heat race? He came down on Krake on the first lap ans spun him out. lookes like the same thing happened on the restart but Krake didnt lift and they both crashed. Dont understand why Rodney does this. Also saw him run Mark faust into the wall on a restart a few weeks ago. He ripped Fausts fender off on that occasion.

Looks like it might be a long summer for Rodney if he keeps this up!

Weber & Harrison got together going into turn 3 on the first lap, Weber broke something on the right front suspension.

bee0001 said:
Good racing last night.

Was Melvin blackflagged in the heat race? He came down on Krake on the first lap ans spun him out. lookes like the same thing happened on the restart but Krake didnt lift and they both crashed. Dont understand why Rodney does this. Also saw him run Mark faust into the wall on a restart a few weeks ago. He ripped Fausts fender off on that occasion.

Looks like it might be a long summer for Rodney if he keeps this up![/QUO

melvin is runing scared of dixon this year, cause we are going to win the national ump for the FOURTH TIME!!!!!!! with out traction controll too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta give Godfrey a BIG thumbs up for friday night. I, like many others, thought there was NO WAY that they were going to run. You guys did a GREAT job and performed quite a miracle. What a great track!!! GREAT racing. WOW!!!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR SO MUCH HARD WORK AND MAKING IT HAPPEN!!

Just thought I would give a little recognition to the people working the track friday night... Tom Seets, Gary Walker, Bill Rexing and Chad Nailer (im sure i spelled some names wrong, but you know who you are). Thanks to your hard work you turned a real mess into a smooth fast track.

I personally think Chad has been bustin his butt to try to turn things around at Godfrey. Nobody else even attempted to race friday, but Chad and the hard working folks over at Godfrey said they were racin, stayed the course, and delivered.

I know i have said this before, but I have no affiliation with Godfrey Speedway or any employee or sponsor in any way shape or form other than attending events held there. Just wanted to state that again so somebody doesnt think I'm an employee or relative etc etc...

Oh yeah a couple more things... Jimmy Cummins looked really good, nice to see you at Godfrey again... dont be such a stranger.

Rodney Melvin I like you (fan), but c'mon you are starting on the outside in a HEAT race... you go into the corner side by side and you try to put Kreke in the inside gigantic berm TWICE... you are a better driver than that. As far as Brent Kreke goes, sad to see that happen, hope to see you at Godfrey often this year, you seem to get a bit faster every week and are fun to watch.

Back