Great Night of Racing at I-55 Raceway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dixon Fan

Dirt is in...asphalt out
I was very impressed with the racing at I-55 last night. The track was fast and racing in each class was fun to watch. Almost too fast that it tore up some good cars. Scott Weber and Mark Miner had some hard crashes into the wall. The track looked good...some people(the regulars) may disagree. :rolleyes:

What really got it started was the National Anthem, WOW!!! That young lady had a beautiful voice. :):) She did a wonderful job.

Dixon had a good run going until someone forgot to tighten the gas cap.:eek:
By the way, his new hauler looks nice.

Ray Walsh put on one heck of a show in the feature. Started 18th and finished 1st...that is just crazy!!! I was laughing through the whole race...simply amazing!!!:eek:

And Erb put on a good show in the latemodels holding off Moyer, Phillips and Shirley. Also, Jeff Johns put on a good show for the local boys, too.

All in all, great show. Thanks Ray Marler and the I-55 crew!!!;)

P.S. I saw new security there last night. :rolleyes:

i55

WOW what a night of racing ray marler you did a great job on that track you are #one in my book and what a job of driving by MR. ump dennis erb.:eek:

that track last night was scary fast the late model feature was a heck of feature the heat with Dixon and Johns was crazy

The D L M driving lessons being giving by Dennis Erb at I-55 are just a joy to watch!! What a talent!!
Congrads to Dennis for his second big win this year at our local speedplant.Ken Schrader will have to get a part time at A Federated Auto Parts store if Erb keeps coming to I-55 (its a joke guys!!!)
Also I would be remiss in my commentary if I did not mention tha 2nd and 3rd place cars, Terry Phillips and Billy Moyer!!!. What a great show of driving skill and daring!!!

I would have to disagree with you guys on the track a conditions. I thought they were horrible. It is one thing to have the track hooked up and fast it is another to have a fast and rough race track. I know for a fact that many of the drivers were complaining about the rough conditions. This includes regular guys along with the travelers.

lets see fast and rough and hooked up sounds like a drivers track no electronics needed at the end of the night the real drivers were up in front to include korte and billy faust til korte broke a wheel i would have loved to see that one play out he was really moving...good job guys keep the local guys proud...

Count the number of restarts, yellow flags & destroyed cars *** that will tell you how wonderful the track prep was Saturday. Steve Sr.

Ok dirtwizard why would have Korte's wheel broke???? Couldn't be because of great track conditions at Pevely. It doesn't take a fast track in order to have great racing.

I thought the carnage came from the drivers and not the track! J/M/O
I have to agree with the comment about the National Anthem she was just AWESOME !
Saw some good racing !

Ok Dirtgirl, let me ask you question. How does the center section of wheel get broken out of Korte's car??? Why did Bill Fyre hit the wall? What about Wendall Wallace almost flipping going through turns 1 and 2. I guess if you were to come down and talk to all these inexperienced drivers they would all tell you it was great out there and they just screwed up.

I never ever said that anyone was inexperinced those drivers were some of the best in the business there Sat Night!
I have seen the same carnage on a dry slick track !
The mods carnage was due to the drivers -
Manville what would you have done differently if you were doing the track?
I know I saw alot of smooth racing out there ! I guess some took the high road vs the low road! Like I said before J/M/O

i didn't hear drivers complaining about the track. wheels breaking could be anything. its not like its a brand new wheel. could have been messed up with a small crack and no one knew. as fast as the track was it will tear up worn parts in a hurry. don't have anything to do with a rough track. racing was close too, who knows who hit who to cause any of the wrecks.

Ok Dirtgirl, let me ask you question. How does the center section of wheel get broken out of Korte's car??? Why did Bill Fyre hit the wall? What about Wendall Wallace almost flipping going through turns 1 and 2. I guess if you were to come down and talk to all these inexperienced drivers they would all tell you it was great out there and they just screwed up.

Wallace's car bunny hopping through turn 1 & 2 wasn't because of rough track conditions, it was because the track had an incredible amount of bite on the bottom down there. He cooked it in there, and instead of sliding, it hopped all the way through the turn. There were a couple of rough spots, but I agree with dirtgirl, most of the carnage was caused by aggressive driving. The situation with Weber was caused when Rumble backhanded him coming out of turn 4. I mean, just *****slapped him. I can fully understand why Weber was mad after that. As for Korte's wheel, I'll chalk that up to karma, and my recent ventures into voodoo.

That is where you are wrong Big Evil.... Korte gets new wheels every year, I know for a fact since we are in the same shop as him. NO ONE HIT HIM. I am not sure what drivers you are talking to but I talked to Wendall Wallace, Mark Voigt, Randy Korte, Billy Faust, and Tim Manville. Everyone said the same thing. THE TRACK WAS TERRIBLE.

Dirt Girl don't you think there might be a happy medium???? I think you need to come on over to the shop and see what was all torn on the 33 and the 00. Maybe see what it takes to get the cars ready for the weekend. As for what I would have done maybe not soak the track for a second time. It is obvious that the track can not handle it. Everytime they dump bunch of water on it turns out rough.

How has the track been that last two Saturday's before the UMP and MARS clash??? I believe the one week there was a three way fight for lead between Billy Faust, Mark Voigt, and Tim Manville.

Something I have learned...

It doesn't matter what the track condition was like, on this site someone will say they didn't like it.

Had it been dry slicked over there would of been tons of people complaining as well, some would probably even go as far as blaming the security for not watering it enough! :rolleyes:

Moonflow you have no clue what you are talking about. Since when did you drive a race car??? By the sounds of it you were driving Wallace's car. You need to come on down and explain to me exactly what a "bunny hop" is. Then we can go talk to Mark Voigt who looked down and seen the 88's on Wallace's roof. How do you get bunny hopping out of being on two wheels? Like I said above you have NO clue what you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back