Great nite of racing!

fastlane #42

Ehlert Racing
WOW! what a great nite of racing for the minis at MCS! Jack and Andy put on a heck of a show for both the heat race and the feature! Side by side racing for a good part of both races! Congrats to Andy on his heat win and congrats to Jack on the feature win! both races were very close and it couldve gone either way. Everybody ran good tonite! Tough break for Alex his first nite out, overheated and lost powersteering. get it ready for next week and go at it again. Stacy "the dude" looked like he was having some fun out there tonite too!

See everybody next week!!
Lane

what can ya say? everyone has those nights. brand new truck so i knew somethin would go wrong.

gonna buy power steering fluid tomorrow and get some new bolts and ill be there saturday!
also gonna bleed the tires. brakes werent workin very well.

next weekend ill be readier than ever..
and i signed a kids shirt today! that made me feel good.

it happens..a lot of minis dont finish their first race..i didnt, and i know a few others who didnt..dont know why....

cool! get it runnin early and dont wait till the last minute..it ****s when u do that....hahaha

its really fun havin the kids come back and signing autographs..it really does make u feel good

yeah it did make me feel good haha. but im gonna get started on it first thing when i wake up.. UMMM 1 pm haha. i cant go to sleep now im still so excited and such.

ok so spent the whole day with the car. spent 30 bucks in parts.
2 cans of power steering fluid and a new belt :D
everything is fixed. ready to race saturday.

pretty boy ive been using a 4.10. so a 3.73 will work better till then.

and Jack i havent got to bleeding the brakes yet.

i fixed the power steering. turns out there was more than one bolt that was loose to it.

also bought a new belt since i accidently kept the altinator on during feature tore up the belt.

Well you were probably running 410s in 3rd. If you run the 373's in 3rd it will be worse and if you run them in 2nd you'll blow it or if you're lucky you just make a bunch of noise and not go anywhere. Just some helpful advise from a couple guys that have run just a couple races up at MCS and run well.... 340's in 2nd is your best option. But hey it's yours, give her a shot. I remember the last guy that told me he was running 373's in 2nd up there was Marty Boyer a few years back. Cut his motor in half from top to bottom and he had the best chevy motors out there at that time. 340's are just as easy to find as 373's.

Bill

that's cool. Smart move on your part. Just don't want you sitting at home with a blown motor.

well i post a thing to trade a 3.73 for a 3.40 and hope someone will trade w/ me.

would trade the 4.10 but idk how to take a rear end out yet :D
it will be a learning experience ill have my neighbor come help.

Back