Great race at Tri-City put on by the WoO Late Models..

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
That was one of the best races I've seen on the big 1/2 mile. Great battle for the lead the entire distance. Lanigan, Pearson, Bloomquist & McCreadie all had their turn at leading the race.

Lanigan, McCreadie and Pearson battled for the lead for the first 15 laps or so. McCreadie got caught up in some type of incident in turn 2 for the first caution and had to restart on the back. Then Bloomquist and Pearson's battle for the lead was very fun to watch. The incident between those two looked to me like it was just a racing deal. They were racing hard for the lead and made contact on the front stretch, unfortunately Pearson got turned into the wall.

Lanigan moves past Bloomquist on the restart and went on to take the win.

Also, the modified feature was a good one too. Martintoni was strong. How about Ray Walsh, he slid over the banking in turn 3 early on and lost a ton of positions, but came charging through the field and took 2nd. He may have gotten Martintoni if there would of been a few more laps. Great race by all.

Jimmy ... Give the OLD MAN some RESPECT!

jdearing said:
Also, the modified feature was a good one too. Martintoni was strong. How about Ray Walsh, he slid over the banking in turn 3 early on and lost a ton of positions, but came charging through the field and took 2nd. He may have gotten Martintoni if there would of been a few more laps. Great race by all.

"If "IF's and BUT's" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry christmas!"

Give the man some respect. The race was 25 NOT 20 laps? Ray had 5 extra laps and didn't get it done. I repect Ray, but when Martintoni got out of traffic, he checked out. Where was Ray on lap 20?

Here are some more if's ...
If Smokey had not spun out ... he would have won... :confused:
If Werner had not gotten a flat tire ... he would have won ... :confused:
If Miner had not taken Meyer over the berm ...he would have won ... :confused:
That means Ray had 3 more cars besides Martintoni to have had to pass IF things had went different, by the way ... If the race was 50 laps ... Griffaw would have won ... :rolleyes:

Get the picture ... Martintoni has been around for a LONG time (over 25 years) and has beaten the BEST many times over. He has as many IF NOT MORE championships than many of the BEST racers today. He races EVERYONE CLEAN and STILL WINS his share at ANY given track ... It was his night ... RESPECT THAT AND SAY GOOD RACE BOBBY ...

By the way, Jimmy, I NEVER saw you post this in your "comments" from the last races ...
If Bobby had not broke at Highland in the UGLY race ... he may have gotten Harrison...
If Bobby had not broke at the last big show at Tri City ...he may have gotten Sherek...
If Bobby had not spun out in time trials at Highland on Wednesday .. he may have gotten Harrison...

Every racer in every interview (including NASCAR) always says ... if this or that had not happened we would have had this race ... even if they went out on lap 1 of the race ... :confused:

Get the drift ... THIS IS RACING FOLKS ... and in the Modified class it is anyone's night ... Sunday just happend to be Bobby's.

Give him the RESPECT he deserves ...
CONGRATS BOBBY ... GREAT RACE ... YOU GOT THIS ONE.
:D :D :D

did i not say Martintoni was strong.

if you don't like the way i worded it, write your own damn story or better yet get the he11 off of here...

i'm getting tired of people getting on here and just pissing and moaning...

Martintoni was strong he fell back to 5th early and battle back to get the lead on lap 12 never saw any pressure from ANYONE the last 13 laps..Had Hancock stayed in the race it would have been a good battle between the 48 & 44 car, but Jimmy I guess you just watch Ray Walsh. Good run Ray!

Jimmy, thanks for the article...

I wasn't able to go last night. I appreciate your time and information shared

ok, here is a revision.....

On the opening laps, the 44 of Hancock pretty much was checking out on the field. He had opened up a good 10 car length lead and seemed to be pulling away. Hancock pulled on the infield during a caution period around lap 7 with a flat tire. Steve Myers, Martintoni, Shereck and Miner were all putting on a great show for 2nd.

This handed the lead over to Martintoni. Martintoni opened up a comfortable lead after a few laps of battling with Miner.

Tommie Seets, Jr. also made a good charge up through the field and was battling with Shereck for several laps for 3rd. Walsh, who started near the front, slid off the high side in turn 2 early in the event and lost a lot of positions. Walsh charged back through the field using the high side and was flying. He passed many good cars by using the high side. Walsh would finish 2nd behind Martintoni who still had about a 5 or 6 car length lead over Walsh at the finish.

Martintoni was fast and I do like watching him race.

It was fun watching Walsh as he probably passed 7 or 8 cars in the final 5 laps.

Much better.

THANK YOU.

I didn't mean to "rant". I don't know if it was the fact I stayed out a little too late or the amount of alcohol I consumed, but my 6 AM wake up call came way to early. I apologize for the tone of the message.

Please do not turn the "wrath of Lisa" upon me ... I'll be good :D

You Do A Great Job Jimmy Sorry You Got Blasted Thanks For Being There Week In And Week Out With Pictures And Stories ...at Times You Seem A Little Partial To Certain Drivers But Evryone Has A Favorite ...again Great Job And Great Site Keep It Up ...thanks Jcup

I was amazed at how those guys where using every inch of the track through the corners. We saw 3 wide going through the turns lap after lap. Tim McCreadie has some large rocks cause he was taking it to the wall almost every lap! I really thought he had it won until Smith spun and sent him to the rear. We were talking last night about McCreadie's racing background and how TCS must make him feel at home. Most of those eastcoast tracks are very similar to TCS in that they are large flat 1/2 mile tracks. Now if we could just get those awesome Big Block East Coast Modifieds out here for a show my life would be complete and I could die a happy man!

I think it was easier to tell people who wasn't there last night. After this weekend WoO has another fan and so does Earl Pearson, Steve Francis, Tim McCreadie and Dale McDowell after the awesome show they put on both nights. I would really like to go to Pevely for the Pepsi Nationals after this weekend.

How about that Ford horsepower on display last night! Pearson, Bloomquist, Lanigan.......... Would have been a one two three finish had Pearson and Bloomer not got together. A Dodge powered car finished third. Where were all the Chevy's? Huh.....Huh........Oh......kinda quiet in here! He he

Tuff-E-Nuff said:
"If "IF's and BUT's" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry christmas!"

If I would have been racing, there would have been 2 more cautions! :D

By the way, thanks to everyone for all the kind words on last night's show. Hope to see you all there on August 11th!

Back