greenville is racin

Can someone please give me some info about greenville. Never been there and would like to know what drivers are expected and also directions from Alton area.
Thanks in advance

greenville needs to run late models they could draw a big crowd tonight. cause there is only one other track racing them to night

Take 140 all the way to greenville and then take 127 when it branches back off of 140 and that takes u into greeenville. Follow it up the hill to a 4 way and turn right. Go south until u hit another 4 way and turn left(follow the 127 signs). Then at the stop light make a right. Go over the railroad tracks and make a left. Go about 2 or 3 blocks down and u will be at the fairgrounds. Check the website for times. The Problem is with running LM'S at greenville is u have to have 18 or better to make payout. Otherwise u will lose ur but trying to do it!!! We know it happend before!! Its to late to try and get sanctioned for LM'S for UMP points. And another thing is we are already running 5 classes and 6 classes will take to long on a Sunday night. We might try running steel blocks next time around to see what we can do!!!

Nic

if you go to dirttrackinsider.com it will give you all the info on greenville. directoins and times.hope we have a good turn out .its a good lil track. just needs some time to get worked in.

Greenville used to run late models on Sunday, no they never drew a big crowd but they always had 18+ late models though.

John Barr
The Trashdog

If u dont have a crowd ur not making money!!! It costs a lot for payout for LM's. What everyone else doesnt see is what u have to pay just to get everything ready. Insurance(a lot!) Track Preparations(a lot!) Help!!(u have to have that!) Renting the track from the fairgrounds(more Money). Its not cheap to run a racetrack no matter what u do!! U have to have many cars and many fans for it to be very successfull!!!!!!!! Just ask Tim im sure he would explain it to anyone!! He explained everything to me and i couldnt believe all the expenses!! Just for the facts I do my job at the ractrack for free!! Thats only to help Tim out and get things going for something that he really loves to do!!

Nic

I seen a post some where that they may run late models one time this year, just keep your eyes an ears open, may hear something soon!!!

I believe the Pit gates and Grandstands open at 3PM, a little confused about that also d/t one post says pit gates open at 2PM. LOL sorry if I was noo help!!

The Fair Race at Greenville had like 25 Mods...was a very good show!!!

Also...I believe they are gonna run Steel Block Late Models one Sunday before the season is over for them. Just keep an eye on the board and see when that will happen.

Today at Greenville...

I have heard gates open at 2:00 and the grandstands open at 3:00. It is $25.00 to get in the pits, $10.00 for the stands. UMP Modifieds hot lap at 5:30 and QUALIFY at 6:00.. Yes, they are definitely qualifying the modifieds.... I am not 100% sure, but I think there are going to be four other classes there tonight besides the modifieds...

Back