greenville no longer a dry town!!

jumpinjack1dw

Tami H. you are missed
I heard or thought i heard on the news where greenville is no longer a dry town, would that open up possibilities of the racetrack there on the firgrounds running now that beer is allowed...... or is this just a rumor about the beer???:confused:

Don't know on the beer thing but if it helps open the track I'm all cool with that. I might sell the kart and go Q/M racing so we can camp there for the weekend. (I don't think Bryan will let me sell out though):eek: A Sat. and Sunday at greenville would be cool.:rolleyes:

Yes, the liquor referendum did pass on the November election ballot. I don't have any other info to share with you.

In the greenville paper it stated that beer could be sold at buisnesses that buy a special permit and get a liquor licensce I belive it also stated it can only be where food is served. You cannot advertise in the windows on the walls or outside that the establishment sells beer and only the fair can sell beer out at the fairgrounds....thats what the paper stated right after the bill passed.

JMO
Lizz

In the greenville paper it stated that beer could be sold at buisnesses that buy a special permit and get a liquor licensce I belive it also stated it can only be where food is served. You cannot advertise in the windows on the walls or outside that the establishment sells beer and only the fair can sell beer out at the fairgrounds....thats what the paper stated right after the bill passed.

JMO
Lizz

Can't advertise it in the establishment!!! Now that is a hard way to get customers that are from outside the area. What about convience stores? Only sold in food establishment and that is it? That is kind of hard on business and customers.

the gas stations are going to be able to sell alcohol but not single beers just package. the food establishments on the square are not allowed to have any alcohol signage that can be seen from the road the city council does not want the old town look and feel to change they dont want any bars in the city limits but the iga and cvs will also be allowed to sell alcohol and no new liquor stores will be allowed either. they are still drawing up the ordinances and once that gets approved they will start with licensing and as far as the race track opening back up i dont know if that will be a possibility some people in this town dont think we need open

I didnt know that it was only the restaurants and such on the square that couldnt have signs, I thought it said all. But hey either way that ****s for the business owner...

Back