Greenville Thoughts

Trashdog

I haven't been to the BCR since Ron Wick ran it back in 1999, I never seen the track so tacky. Then again I was never there after a monsoon season. It took some time to get the track ready, which was fine by me because it gave me time to do lots of BSin....lol

I talked Mike Nicholson into going and kind of felt bad once I seen the quality of cars that Greenville had on hand. There was some pretty good cars. Mike was ready to go home and play golf on the ol' play station, but he had a good pill draw and decided to stay.

Mike was front row pole on his heat and was passed by Steve Miasel who went on to pick up the win, and Mike held on for 2nd. They didn't run a dash so they drew for spots, Steve didn't draw well, but Mike pulled the 1 pill. I thought "How lucky is that"...lol

The other heat race was won by Marty Kopp in the Wild 1 car. Marty is bad fast no matter which track he runs.

The feature Mike took off from the start and took the lead and before you knew it Marty Kopp was on him. Marty gave Mike on hell of a race and Mike did just manage to hold him off to pick up his feature win.

At the post race inspection everyone felt sorry for Mike when they saw his little Allied engine, "You ran that!?!"...lol

I think Ralph will probably tech Mike first thing Saturday night at I55...lol

The modifieds had some good quality cars, Chad Kinder, Leroy Haney, Matt Mavert, Bob Bittle, Bobby Martintoni, Ray Wagner, Stu Springer. Stu is very tough at BCR.

Bob Bittle broke while leading his heat, Leroy Haney picked up a win in that race. Don't remember who won the other heats.

In the feature Matt Mavert led most of the race until about 3 laps before the finish when Bobby Martintoni pulled a pass to the inside to take the lead and when the feature.

Good racing action for 4th between Stu Springer, Leroy Haney and Chad Kinder. Leroy Haney got 4th, Kinder 5th and Stu Springer got shuffled back to 6th.

I'm not sure of the drivers in the other classes but they had some good Multi's, a batch came up from the Farmington area to run. They had some good looking hornet cars and a good field of Street Stocks(bombers).

Once the track got ran in, it stayed tacky and fast all evening long. There was a really tall cushion too...lol

Great night of racing, enjoyed meeting Tim Herbst, and talking with Doug. Looking forward to the Sept. 19th show, I think the Steel Block late models will be the special guest class that night.

John Barr
The Trashdog

I don't know who the 69 car is but it did some serious 3 wheeling at the start of the sportsman feature.

Great Job, Mike...

Well, Trashdog, I had NEVER been to BCR and to be honest with you, I was ready to leave as soon as I saw the track. WHAT???? Do they really think they are going to be able to race??? I thought for sure it was a wasted trip..........we were gonna have to turn around and go back home (and at one point, the officials considered that). However, for those of us who drove ALLLLLL that way, we made it perfectly clear that we wanted to race.................and race we did.

Pretty good cars????? There were some GREAT cars on hand. The ol' Golf game on PS2 was looking better and better as the time went by. I think I even heard someone say, "We shouldn't have even came. We should have just stayed home. We have no chance of winning." Now, I won't mention any nameS, but I know it didn't come from the FEMALES who were with the #30 crew.

Pill draw, pill draw, pill draw......that made a ton of difference last night. Thank goodness Mike had his best night in that area....since he normally draws TERRIBLE!! Who knows, maybe there is such a thing as a "good luck charm";) .......and, if so, Mike should definitely hold onto his:D .

The feature seemed like it was at least 50 laps. I thought it would never end.......with all the "drama" that took place on the caution. But after Mike crossed the line to get his FIRST feature win, the trip was well worth it. Boy was he EXCITED!!!! I wish that all his fans could have been there to see his first win, but no doubt they will all hear about it soon enough.........and get a chance to see him do it again real soon.

So, in closing, CONGRATULATIONS Mike on your first feature win. You drove your ***** off. Things couldn't be coming together at a more perfect time. I'm glad I was there for the first one and hope to be there for more in the future. Good luck to you this weekend. Also, wanted to give props to your "set-up" man!!!!! He's always there for ya. Great job both Mike and Kent!!!!!!!!

good race report and good photos....congrats on the win. some people couldnt believe me when i told them it was an allied motor in there. :D

Yeah, who would have thought that an Allied motor would win???? Trust me, there will be several people who won't believe it!!!!! Well, believe it, people!!!
Mike Nicholson wins first feature at Bond County Raceway!!!!!!!

He Was Racing His *** Off Last Night. I Would Have Loved To See Marty Win But I Also Love To Be There When Someone Gets Their First Feature Win.
Where Does He Normally Race. Ever At Godfrey!!!!!!!

Thanks For The Great Pics Trashdog! Hope Everyone Enjoyed The Racing Like We Did, Track Was Not Nearly As Bad As It Looked Like It Would Be Early...that Feature Win Is #11 For Martintoni This Year. We're Having Fun Thats For Sure. Jcup

I think it say Tom Pratt Racing Engines, and something or another racecars...lol

Motsinger Racecars!!!

Hehehe Mike took a knife to a gun fight and the knife won....lol

John Barr
The Trashdog

What is it then?

Quit beating around the bush then, Dean.......what DOES it say next to Mike in that picture????
Impressive Race Cars?????????????

Your killing me! Are you angry with me? It says I built it. I am proud as possible of Mike winning this feature, this is a big deal to me and it came at a needed time. You are correct in that it also says Tom Pratt did the engine. A call also should go out to B&D Grading, Americas Manufactures Homes, Chrytal Stables, Livesy Concrete, and all the other sponsors of the M&M Motorsports 30. I got a call at midnite from someone who was in the stands at midnite telling me about it.

Nope, not angry............just want this post to be about MIKE and his FIRST feature win!!!!!!!!!!!! People can read what the car says without you feeling the need to bring it to everyone's attention. Thumbs up to Pratt Racing Engines, and ALL of the M&M Motorsports #30 sponsors. Again, this post is about Mike, so CONGRATULATIONS Mike!

Back