Gremlin Vintage Car

Just a little update on my Gremlin project. Project is pretty much at a standstill during winter. Maybe with a little luck I'll get it out this coming summer. Here is a pic of progress so far.

Attachments

• IMG_3196.jpg
    IMG_3196.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 299
It was running at pevely as late as 1988 with Bob Despain driving. I was told it was built by Buzz Jordan although I dont know in what year. it had no body when I got it. the gremlin body was put on by me so its not the original but it fits so well it could be what it had. the chassis is constructed from 2x4 rec tube and 1 5/8 tubeing. ford straight axle in front and an old franklin qc in the rear. if anybody has any info on Buzz Jordan built cars please post any info. thanks

Danny

I had that car for 7 years, and never could even get pictures from Buzz. I asked several times, but he didnt want to dig them out. It was his first car, the second was an east coast style modified. The body was a Chevette roof, and flatsides. Bob would remember better, if Im wrong. I have a few pics . Jason

The photo of the grey 43 car is the last car that I remember Buzz Jordan driving. It was later painted light blue as best I can remember. Does anyone know if this the car that I have now? I've studied the photos and it doesn't really look like the same chassis. I think this was taking in 86 when I got back out of the army. This was taken at Farmington. The orange 06 modified is from about the same era. Its currently being restored with the cooperation of Jason Brewington and the DeSpains. If anyone has a set of 180 degree headers we need them for the 06 car.

Attachments

• IMG_3405.jpg
    IMG_3405.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 187
  • 1048.jpg
    1048.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 199
Just curious, is that orange 06 car is the one that sat next to building there on M highway south of Fredericktown for many years? Just curious I have family down there and used to see it when I'd go down there.

orange 06

yes, that is the car that sat beside of the old concrete saw shop building. we pulled it our last year and took it to the new shop. It has since been stripped and repainted. We FINALLY found a set of headers for it, bout all that is left is to rebuild the rearend and set the engine in. With any luck we should be able to get it out this year.
Derek DeSpain

Back