Griffaw IMPRESSIVE at WKS in Nebo, KY... 9-10 results

BRICKMOVER

Friday night racing action once again heated up at Western KY Speedway in Nebo, KY on 9-10-04. THe evenings events kicked off with qualifying for UMP Modifieds. Kevin Cole rolled in for his first visit to WKS for the year and turned quick time.
In the heat race action Clayton Miller of Elkton, KY took his Nullinski chassis powered by Branon Performance to the front in heat #1.

The second heat would be a show stopper at the end when Rusty Griffaw who was riding in 3rd coming into 3 & 4 In his Impressive Chassis powered by SCP would make it 3 wide and drag race to the line and take heat 2 win by inches.

The feature event would line up with Clayton Miller (#13 in nation, 7 in KY and 5 in TN) on the point and Griffaw (#2 in Nation and #1 in Mo.) on the outside. Whith the Green waving Griffaw would take the lead and be WFO and out front by nearly a full straight away until the caution would wave for contact between Matt Dufablon and Scott Riggs at lap 18 of the 20 feature. On the restart Griffaw would take command once again with Clayton Miller and Kevin Cole swapping 2nd back and forth until Cole would take the position for good. Cole would make a run in turn 2 and look under Griffaw and stick a nose out in front coming off 2 but Griffaw was able to motor back around then in turn 4 Cole would look to the inside again as they came down to the white flag. Griffaw again showed his horsepower and setup and charged back out front with a 2 car length advantage. As they crosed the line it would be Griffaw bringing his 2004 Impressive Chassis, SCP Power, Home Service Oil Co., Brauch's Lawn Service, Valvoline Instant Oil Change, Worley Designs, CarQuest, Performance Machine mount to Victory Lane after an Over the Center night of racing for the Fetus, Mo. native. Following Griffaw across the line would be Kevin Cole, Clayton Miller, Paul Miles and Steve Cole would round out the top 5.

Other results for the night:
Pure Stock: Chad Burcham of Owensboro, KY would pick up the win followed
by Teddy Revlett, Martin Sheffer, Eric Phaup and Shelli Obryan

Street Stock: Damion Fortune of Habstaudt, In would see victory lane and all
lock up the points championship followed by Dr. Travis Wilson
Ben Cox, Hal Pannel and David Davis

Cruisers: Bill Moorman of Owensboro, KY would win followed by Keith Rickard,
Charles Knight, Dana Dennis and Tom Duncan.

Another night of racing in the books at the WFO speedplant prepared purrrfectly by owner Tim and Tamy Coble and we look forward to seeing everyone this coming Friday night for regular racing action. Also dont forget coming up Oct. 2nd at WKS is the Top Dog 100 $5,000 to win Street Stock event. For more information on this event please visit the website at www.wkracing.com.
Also we ask that everyone keep Tammy Coble and her family in your thoughts and prayers. Tammy's mother is in bad health and on shakey ground at this moment.

Western KY Speedway is located just 9 miles west of Madisonville, KY off of Hwy 41a on Happy Lane.

Gates open at 5pm hot laps at 6pm qualifying at 6:30pm and racing at 8pm every Friday night!

Awsome performance "Great Job Russ"

Also would like to thank the track and crew they are a top notch bunch of people .Thanks

trackjeff said:
Awsome performance "Great Job Russ"

Also would like to thank the track and crew they are a top notch bunch of people .Thanks

we would like to thank you all too.. it has been awesome having you all come run with us. As for the people saying Russ is dodging competition. I think they need to pack their stuff and come on down. This is far from a cherry picking track at Western KY Speedway. i think when you have several of the top 100 cars there every week.. you have your work cut out for you. Hope to see you all back soon and best of luck to you in the quest for the championship!

Keep in mind that Friday night we will be running a regular show for mods then Saturday is the $7,500 at KLMS and on Sunday $1,500 to win at Windy Hollow Speedway... Make it a KY weekend!

I can tell you guys for sure well be back, havent made our minds up for this weekend yet but your on the list of options.

Its funny the dodging comments keep comming ,we dont care we started out to win the Missouri Championship and we got that, mission complete the National Championship just came along on its own. We wanted to do alot of R&D and git to as many tracks as we could that we have never been .To do as well as we have with all that in mind is not to bad we where even doing some R&D on Friday and Saturday
running a set up never before last weekend and pulling off the win friday was sweet.

Thanks Again

Jeff Yates

trackjeff said:
I can tell you guys for sure well be back, havent made our minds up for this weekend yet but your on the list of options.

Its funny the dodging comments keep comming ,we dont care we started out to win the Missouri Championship and we got that, mission complete the National Championship just came along on its own. We wanted to do alot of R&D and git to as many tracks as we could that we have never been .To do as well as we have with all that in mind is not to bad we where even doing some R&D on Friday and Saturday
running a set up never before last weekend and pulling off the win friday was sweet.

Thanks Again

Jeff Yates

i understand what your saying.. the thing you need to remember is to take everything that is said and posted with a grain of salt and dont let it bother you! you all do your thinkg keep that Impressive Chassis up front with the SCP power and the Trackjeff set up and every thing will be fine! The Over the Center racing you all have done this year is out of this world and Rusty is a class act! I for one am glad I have had the chance to meet him! Keep it WFO and up front dude!

Billy Egeler

HAH!!! I knew he was racing over the center :eek: LOL!!! Just waiting for you to say that LOL!!!! Nice Job Rusty. It was good to see your grandparents Sat night what nice people !!!!

hey gurl.. not Him being over the center.. the racing it's self has been WFO and over the center.. dont get the 2 combined.. Rusty is one of the nicest guys around and is doing an awesome job.. needless to say.. i have gained great respect for him and his team along with Harrison. these guys are both class acts!

It would be sweet to see them both at Windy Hollow on sunday and battle for the $1,500

I hear there is good comp there bet you as an announcer are really enjoying the class of cars this year. And I agree they are both GREAT DRIVERS.... Good Luck to BOTH!!!! And I love the over the center racing myself!!!! ;)

dirtgirl said:
I hear there is good comp there bet you as an announcer are really enjoying the class of cars this year. And I agree they are both GREAT DRIVERS.... Good Luck to BOTH!!!! And I love the over the center racing myself!!!! ;)

oh what are you talkin bout.. The competition is AWESOME for the fans, the drivers the employees and yes even me as an announcer!!

BRICKMOVER... i didnt know Rusty was a native of "fetus" Missouri. hehe

Great job Rusty, best wishes on the rest of the year, hope you win it all.

lighten up i said HEHE :D the typo made me laugh, evidentally i find humor in things a bit easier than some.

well yall know i gradutated 3rd grade (user holds up 8 fingers) LOL Sorry i get side tracked while typing and it my fingers for some reason dont have spell check! lol

He is practicing that new baby syndrome. He and his wife Kimberly have a baby in the fetus as we speak. Maybe that is where the confusion came in LOL!!!! Either way that was funny :D And good luck on the pending birth of the new baby boy . Do we see another announcer in the making ?? :)

Back