HALL OF FAME TEAMMATES AT TOP OF NeSMITH CHEVROLET NORTHERN CHALLENGE SERIES POINTS LIST

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
CARTERSVILLE, GA – Two Michigan Motorsports Hall of Fame drivers have teamed up for the 2009 NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Northern Challenge Series, and currently fill the top two spots in the point standings. Rick Stout of Stanton, MI leads the standings with a 56-point lead over teammate Roger Wing of Middleton, MI.

Stout has been the dominant force in 2009 NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Northern Challenge Series action and leads not only the points chase, but also two other statistical categories. After nine starts, Stout has 1,032 points with the most wins at three, and the most top five finishes with seven. Stout also has eight top ten finishes driving the Northstar Recovery and Towing Rocket.

All of Stout’s success has come at I-96 Speedway in Lake Odessa, MI. The only finish Stout has had outside of the top ten this season came last Friday night when he finished 11th at Mt. Pleasant Speedway in Mt. Pleasant, MI.

Wing has 976 points in nine starts with two wins at I-96 Speedway, four top fives, and seven top tens this season after eight starts at I-96 Speedway and one start at Mt. Pleasant Speedway driving the Northstar Recovery and Towing Larry Shaw.

Behind Stout and Wing, there is a four-driver battle for the third spot in the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Northern Challenge Series standings with just 14 points separating third through sixth.

Scott Ehlert of Crystal, MI posted his first win of the season last Friday night at Mt. Pleasant Speedway driving the Ehlert Racing Rayburn. That moved Ehlert into the third spot in the NeSmith Chevrolet NCS standings with 928 points in nine starts. Ehlert has one win, two top fives, and a series-leading nine top ten finishes.

Ehlert is the only driver to finish in the top ten in every NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Northern Challenge Series event held this season. Mike Nugent of Belding, MI is fourth in the NeSmith Chevrolet NCS standings with 922 points in nine starts driving the Nugent Racing entry. Nugent has six top fives and seven top tens.

Trever Sloan of Saranac, MI is fifth with 920 points in nine starts after one win at I-96 Speedway, two top fives, and five top tens driving the Sloan Motorsports Mastersbilt. Sloan’s teammate John McClure of Clarksville, MI is sixth with 914 points after posting two top fives and six top tens in nine starts driving the Sloan Motorsports Stealth.

Billy Trueblood of Ionia, MI has the seventh spot in the NeSmith Chevrolet NCS standings with two top fives and seven top tens in eight starts. Bry Sloan of Lowell, MI is eighth with 830 points based on one top five and two top tens in nine starts driving the Showboat Auto American Made. Gary VanderMark of Lowell, MI is ninth with 818 points after turning in one win at I-96 Speedway, and five top ten finishes driving the Showboat Automotive GRT.

National Dirt Late Model Hall of Fame inductee Kris Patterson of St. Johns, MI rounds out the top ten in the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Northern Challenge Series point standings with 806 points in seven starts. Patterson has one win this season at I-96 Speedway along with four top fives and six top tens driving the Kentucky Fried Chicken Rocket.

The next event for the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Northern Challenge Series will be on August 8 at I-96 Speedway in Lake Odessa, MI. For more information call 616-642-0555, or visit the I-96 Speedway web site at www.i96speedway.com.

For a complete rundown of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Northern Challenge Series point standings and more information about the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series, visit the series web site Points page at www.nesmithracing.com.

Back