Help 444 Fans

tried to go to that site but it was not a good web address or something, it said error, cannot find match for web address.

Sorry guys or gals, it comes up for me. The name of the thread is "Who can name a legend not on the list". Maybe you can just surf for it.

Thanks...

The site came up ok 4 me, Wib is on there a few times, I am a big Wib fan he could make a car dance on dirt,My car is 44 they would not let me have 444 so that why my # is 44 and will always be,Love ya Wib your the BEST I have ever seen!!!!

wib###444

well guys i'll tell ya what wibb is my grandpa and i no for a fact he was 1 of the best race car drivers around this area my name is chris and i just started out racing and really love it im trying to get a couple of his or my dads secrets mabeye someday i'll be able to be that fast but for now i'll just take there advise to tell ya what just happy to no that folks still remember him and the way he and my dad were back in the day wibb is doing great and will be out to the tracks to cheer me on thanks alot chris###96j street stock

hey chubby96 ask him what he thinks about the outlaws lol Wib Spaulding is the man and my childhood hero,yes midget racer I was once an open wheel fan ,we need to get Wib into sprint car hall of fame in Knoxville

Amen to that Dirt Hound. I don't know how many times Wib raced in the Knoxville Nationals but he did finnish 5th there one year.

Hey Chubby whos your dad Terry or Carson? And where are you racing at?

I second that,, Wib in the hall of fame!!! i would give anything to go back just one more time to watch him, CC Corbin,Bill Meyers,Fireball,Bill Laycock,old man Wallace race one more time, I was at tcs one nite when old man Wallace and Wib was beating doors for about 10 laps in the feature when they got together comming out of 4 and toar down the front strait fence about 100 feet of it, they were ok but had to cancel the race until the next week to fix the fence. THANKS WIB FOR THE MEMORIES YOU ARE THE BEST AND I HOPE YOU CAN SEE THIS SO YOU KNOW YOU ARE REMEMBERED!!!

We have nominated Wib Spalding for the Knoxville Sprint Car Hall of Fame several years ago, so they have a lot of Wibs' history. If any of you that read this would take the time to either call the 800 number or write to Knoxville to show them how many fans he has, maybe, just maybe he would get enough votes to get him there. We think that he really deserves it, and we're sure that a lot of his fans do too. COME ON ALL OF YOU FANS! LET'S DO THIS!

43pety

I was there that night too. Wib and Wallace had some classic battles didn't they. Wib and Bill Meyers too. When I started going Wib was driving the #401 sprint car. Then he got into a orange Plymouth Late Model. That car never won anything until Wib got into it. Then it was winning everything. The next year or two after that is when he started driving the #444 Late Model for Sandy Anderson And Mel Campbell and the #56 Sprint car. I remember the #56 wasn't very good until they got Tom Murray to wrench it then it was lights out. Ahh the good old days. I'm with you anything to go back and watch them one more time.

Retired I'm on the Sprint Car HOF vote. Can you post the 800 number and/or the website.

I was mistaken about the 800 number, but the e-mail address is tschmech@sprintcarhof.com Tom Schmech is the Executive Director of SCHofF. The regular phone number is 641-842-6176 and the Fax no. is 641-842-6177 If anyone wants the address, it's One Sprint Capitol Plaza, P.O. Box 542, Knoxville, IA50138-0542 To get the website, go to Knoxville Raceway [on Google] and click on Hall of Fame. Good Luck.

chris belongs to terry he did ok tonight for a rookie ive known the spalding forever very good people we are like family carson terry and wib do alot of quarter midget racing with wibs great grandson cole and let me tell ya he drives like great grandpa chris get a little more seat time and learn you will do ok you looked good tonight

Yea..thats correct address retired..i seen on another forum..where they tried getting him nominated. The guy is a true legend..and i wonder how many wins he actualy got..i heard he lost count and some were unreported. But..i remember him at tri city..when i was a kid..and man..he could take care of business.

Sorry guyz but I am the biggest Wib fan there is..I remember on a few nites he would drive a sprint, midget and his stockcar, that was OLD school, I am good friends with his ex soninlaw, and Wibs doughter, they drove them cars by the seat of their pants..man this post brings back alot of memories.. I have an old video of him racing at the Springfield mile, he started front row next to Jan Opperman man what front row, Well anyway jan got the lead and that was the way they finished Wib in 2nd it was great,,

Retired said..........

"We have nominated Wib Spalding for the Knoxville Sprint Car Hall of Fame several years ago, so they have a lot of Wibs' history. "

Can you forward a copy of the info/nomination you sent the Sprint Car HoF to me?

Thanks.........

Eileen

If anyone wants to nominate for the Sprint Car Hall of Fame, the vote has to be [I hope that I'm correct] by June 1, 2004 to be eligible for this year. It could be June 30, but I wouldn't take any chances and get your vote in by June 1st, which doesn't give all you fans too much time. Spread the word to all you know ASAP.

that's all right pops,one night at I55 Wib got tickeled that I sat next to him,I said whoa I think we got all backwards Wib 's a great guy ask him sometime about outlaws( winged sprint cars and trained monkeys lmao

43Pety

Which Sprinter was Wib in in your video? I would love to have a copy. Is there anyway I could get one?

Thanks...

Back