Help save Macon Speedway

Pops15

Tracks are dropping like flies lately. Crown Point, Godfrey, and Brownstown have all closed within the past year. Now I hear Mt Vernon is closing. I know of another that will close that hasn't been announced.
Macon could very well be holding its last race on August 26. If we don't pack the place it will close......possibly forever.
Here's your chance to help save a track. All YOU need to do is attend the races THIS Saturday August 26 at Macon Speedway. Bring a friend. Bring lots of friends!
If you have a race car bring it to Macon THIS Saturday.
If you haven't been to Macon this might be your last chance. If you haven't been there for awhile its time to return.
Mighty Macon Speedway is quite possibly the oldest continuously operating weekly track in the country. Come on out THIS Saturday, August 26 and help save this historic track.

Everyone needs to help

You know I wouldn't miss the best racing around, So I'll see you Saturday night at the World's Fastest 1/5 Mile Mighty Macon Speedway

I try to patronize all the tracks in my immediate area. The furthest I'll drive though for a regular night is Montgomery County. I've never been to Mt. Vernon, but I've been to Highland, Pevely and MCS this year. I don't have the time to get to Belleville on a Friday night, and TCS, well, Sunday nights don't work that well either. I recommend that if your local track rains out, go to another in the area. Help support local racing, and definately visit track sponsors!!

Macon Speedway

Yes, please come and support local dirt track racing!!! We dont want Macon to be the next one to close!!! Bring friends, relatives, neighbors!! EVERYONE needs to come!!! Unite for a GOOD common cause.Late models are paying $1050 to win right now and I hear more may be added!!! $10 is cheap for good entertainment and close side by side racing!!!! See you there!!!:D :D

Macon street stock

Hey, guys...Macon is paying $235 for the street stocks!!! Thats great, lets go racing!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Pops15 said:
Tracks are dropping like flies lately. Crown Point, Godfrey, and Brownstown have all closed within the past year. Now I hear Mt Vernon is closing. I know of another that will close that hasn't been announced.
Macon could very well be holding its last race on August 26. If we don't pack the place it will close......possibly forever.
Here's your chance to help save a track. All YOU need to do is attend the races THIS Saturday August 26 at Macon Speedway. Bring a friend. Bring lots of friends!
If you have a race car bring it to Macon THIS Saturday.
If you haven't been to Macon this might be your last chance. If you haven't been there for awhile its time to return.
Mighty Macon Speedway is quite possibly the oldest continuously operating weekly track in the country. Come on out THIS Saturday, August 26 and help save this historic track.

I don't think Brownstown has closed just yet. They cancelled the rest of the year, but did not say that they are closing the gates. Just wanted to clarify that point.
Yes, we have lost several race tracks in the Southern Illinois area and that is not good. There are several factors that have probably caused that and money is the bottomline in this whole deal. Gas prices are a big reason that fans are not in the stands. The entertainment dollar only can go so far and that dollar is going in the gas tank.
It is too bad that some areas will no longer have a dirt race track to go to. Hopefully we do not continue to see this trend continue.

macons modifieds

Just talked to Rich Webb, modifieds will be paying $400 for feature win...and street stocks are up to $260!!!!! :p

Close It

Oh Well We All Have Our Opinions... Maybe If Rich Wasnt Such Well I Wont Go There. I Wish Him No Luck. Just My Opinion. I Love The Track Not The Owner..

Has Rich done everything perfectly? No. Does he do the best he can? You bet. Track prep is the best I've seen at a weekly track. Pay is about the same as neighboring tracks. This week the pay is better.
UMP LM $1100
UMP Mods $500
Not sure what the UMP sportsman are running for but I know there's extra money for them.
UMP SS are running for $260 this week.

As for it opening under new ownership.....I wouldn't count on that happening!!!!!! The next owner could very well be a developer.

Don't let a few naysayers keep you away. Come to Macon Speedway This Saturday, August 26 and see some great racing!

macon speedway

Yes, come to macon!!! Payout is growing as we speak...right now, Late models $1100, mods are $500, sportsmans $340, street stocks $360 and hornets $150 with a trophy. No promoter does things to please everyone.What if the next owner turns it into a concrete plant???? Everyone needs to stick together for the good of dirt racing all over the midwest...they are dropping like flies!!!

Pops15 said:
As for it opening under new ownership.....I wouldn't count on that happening!!!!!! The next owner could very well be a developer.

We got a concrete plant on ours. Well it's not there yet, but it shure aint a track no more.

Concrete Plant

That is awful!!! I hate seeing any track close..My mama always said if you dont have anything good to say, well, you know the rest....:mad:

Close It Down

Oh Well Lvracn Its A Opinion Just Like Everyone Else Here. And I Did Here It Probablly Will Open Next Year Under New Mangament...

dirtrace24 said:
Oh Well Lvracn Its A Opinion Just Like Everyone Else Here. And I Did Here It Probablly Will Open Next Year Under New Mangament...

I've heard alot of things. There is no guarantee the track will reopen under current or new management next year.

Macon

It just may open next yr under new management or owner, however there are no guarantees it will still be a race track.. I have heard concrete plant, apartment buildings, alot of things...Everyone always thinks the grass is always greener....I feel bad for the Mt. Vernon and Brownstown people...There were probably some that thought a new promoter would help there as well but now look at it.....Noone is perfect and noone can make everyone happy but these promoters have tried their best..Did they do everything perfect??? NO, but they tried...JMO

Lets get through this season first.
Last I heard tonights payout looked like this:
LM $1300
Mod $500
Sportsman $400 (but rumor is it might go to $500!!!! Also an extra $50 going to a random driver.
SS $260 with two long haul awards of $40 each, and two hard luck awards of $25 each.
Hornets $150 and a nice trophy.

I know that the people involved with the track have really been working hard to get this extra money.

Also heard some really good LM and Mod drivers are planning on being there tonight.

Back