Help with getting started

JEracersdad

MEMBER THE TIME WHEN I...
Looking at a winged mini sprint (mini- micro-whats the diff.?) for my 12 yr almost 13 yr old to start with. Its has a 250 Ninja engine. I've heard our only local tracks with sprints are Wayne City, IL and Marion...we're in Salem, Il.
Does anyone know if they run that class at those tracks, and if he will be old enough.

Thanks for ant info., Mike E.

mini or micro sprints?

mini sprints are 1200cc engines ,micros are 600cc engines. its been awhile since i have been i to wayne city or marion tracks not sure if they run 250s anymore? i have a 2002 stealth posted on here for sale, good stuff and a lot of it. i have 2 motors with car but they both need repairs. i have 3 top wings, 3 nose wings, car has 4 new tires on it, 2 new spare front wheels and tires,4 spare wheels and tires for left rear, 3 spare right rear wheels and tires,11,12,13,14,15, tooth front gears, every tooth rear gears that they make with some doubles of those,complete set of new spare nerf bars, spare radis rods for the car, jacobs ladder, bird cages,spare brain box , spare set of carbs,all wheels are weld bead locks, one motor is a troy hollingsworth motor,other motor is a troy knock off,new knock off tool, and i know there are more parts in the trailer that i missed , 6,000.00 takes it all. to run the 600 class you must be 12 years of age. you would have a lot more race tracks to run with a 600. i know marion runs them, and at the last race we where at belclair i talked to a guy that is trying to get wayne city back on the micro map. that is a great race track for 600s. also have trailer posted.:)

micros

Thanks for all the good info. I've been told neither track runs 250's anymore. Guess we'll have to check into things a little better.

Thanks. Mike

in this region, micro's are 250cc and mini sprints are 600. 1200cc are mainly ran in the northern states such as new york and out to the east,.the names vary on the region you live in. i don't know of a place around here where 250's are running... 600cc can be run at every week at pike county, IL., Farmington,MO. Doe Run, MO, Marion, IL, Paduca,Ky, Clarksville, TN, Greenville,IL a couple times a year,and some Belle-Clair IL, have races about 6 times a year, Also this winter Duquion, IL should have a few races indoor, Most of these tracks are outlaw 600cc which means almost anything goes as long as its a 600cc, i do know that Pike County/Pittsfield runs a restrictor class but there is few cars that run in it.To start out with i say just get a good descent car and put a stock yamaha r-6 (600) on it and that will be plenty for the first year, get a name brand car such as a stallard, Pmp, sawyer, factor one, concept, stealth, or the new eagles if they are going to keep making them

restrictors

id start in restrictors marion and wayne city usually have a good turnout for the class! i think there is a track up by charleston IL that runs em too!

Still Need ?

If ya still lookin for a mini sprint call Kevin Ferguson he has a car with all extras and trailor he bought off ebay and never ran it he decided to go crate late model racinn he is owner of Construction Pro in Spillertown right north of Marion Il 618-998-1775

Back