Hey AARA how about some sanctions for jumping the start?

racing_fan2

racing_fan2
In the interest of getting the show done sooner, burning less fuel, and less wear and tear on the equipment. Why not adopt the rules like Northern All-Stars use, you jump the start row one becomes row two.

Very effective!!!

Tri-City doesn't give them a second chance... You jump the start, you go back a row the first time. I like it! Put the white chalk line down and that's where you get on the gas.

"jumping the start" policing is not that easy! What about the guy who "lags the start"? How can you penalize the guy that is doing it right?

Lagging the start is not a problem at TCS. They know they only have one shot to get it right, so they don't try all the BS on the starts.

I don't like it. If the race never officially gets started than nothing officially happened.

Tri-City's rules on jumping starts and also on cautions that happen before the first complete lap seems to confuse the whole field and sometimes even the officials. Then it take 4 extra caution laps to get the field set. The program at Tri-City runs painfully slow as a result of it. Coincidently, Tri-City takes far longer than any other track in this area to clean up cautions. It makes me think that these delays are actually by design. Call it track bashing if you want, but I certainly wouldn't use the Tri-city model to run a program.

I think 2 tries is fair on the starts. I like the go to the tail if you cause a caution on the 1st lap. That keeps guys from purposely bringing out the caution if they messed up on 1st lap.

The guy on the pole can lag, go really slow on the starts, whatever he wants cause he the guy setting the pace not the front row outside guy.

I raced at Brownstown a while back and in the drivers meeting the officials said to start at the chalk line in the fourth turn. If anybody in the front row jumped the start both cars in the front row went to the back. That way if anyone was lagging back he was penalized as well. The front row was given two chances. I was starting on the outside of the front row when the polesitter jumped on the gas halfway down the back straight. We weren't to the third turn, let alone the line in four. On the second chance after being warned the guy did the exact same thing; started halfway down the back straight. Sure enough we went to the back. I couldn't really argue with the ruling because it was discussed in the drivers meeting, even though it was clearly unfair. I did ask the other driver what he was thinking, all he could say was that he was trying to gain an advantage. I thought it was strange that he could have an advantage by starting from the rear. BTW, I went back the next week and the officials apologized to me, saying that they knew how badly the other driver jumped, but rules are rules, and I couldn't argue with that. As long as the rules are the same for everybody I have no problem. But it happens at every track, in one heat they restart when someone jumps and in the next heat they don't. It's the flagman's judgement whether someone jumps or not and with judgement calls there will always be inconsisteny.

Brian #44

Aah yes Leslie, the three wide standing start like we used to do at St. Charles. It was alot of fun. There I go again, showing how old I am.

Brian #44

Aah yes Leslie, the three wide standing start like we used to do at St. Charles. It was alot of fun. There I go again, showing how old I am.

Brian #44

I agree Brian....

With the 3 wide standing starts that is..LOL

It sure wouldn't work with all classes (transmissions) but the ones it would work with I say GO FOR IT!!!!

Back