hey king eddy

I talked to Mike about that very thing as we were loading the car at DeVos. I urged him to cash them as soon as we returned to town. Hopefully its just a snafu and not the workings of an unscrupulous promotor. I can hear him on the phone now!

king

So how did Mike do? I was reading 4m and they had a link there was a pic of Mike with a flagg and trophy.

Another question kingeddy......were the stands very full?

Just wondering if less fans showed up than the promoter expected. By no way does this make it acceptable to write bad checks. It is very sad that all these drivers make a long trip up their and then get treated in such a way. Disgrace!

I haven't spoken with Mike yet, but I assume he has ran into the same problems everyone else has. This is really a crock of bull....!

The stands were by no means full. Mike and I were talking each night about how many people we thought were on hand. Between 500 -700 the first night, close to 1000 the second night and probably only 400-500 on Sunday.

For those asking how we did, heres the run down. Friday--open comp--finished 8th (with the sprint car wing). Saturday UMP Latemodels finished 3rd. Sunday UMP LM finished 9th. The pictures from victorylane are from the b-main on Sunday. Guess they felt it necessary to give a trophy for the semi. Should have kept that money to help cover the bad checks eh?

Mark Voigt was there as well but I can't remember his finishes.

I saw the video and i am shocked at the promoter. Hey...if he didnt have the money he should have said something and never even wrote 1 check. But..it seems he has ran off with ALL of the money since noone has gotten a good check. As far as some of the racers stating they needed the money to buy presents..that in my opinion is stretching it a bit. I sure wouldnt go racing with the intent on praying i made money to buy stuff for xmas. But..still a bad check is the worst thing anyone can get. I know. I went around and around with a shop years ago with my actual paychecks. We changed ways we could cash our checks like every other week. What a joke. I hope they hang this guy and he never promotes again.

never had to deal with this, in all of my racing years, but it does happen. certainly feel for all those guys who busted their butts to put on a show thinking they would get paid. kinda hard to believe this was a honest mistake, or a glitch of some sort. by now, the promoter should be contacting all of those affected, and make good on all of it. see nothing anywhere to suggest that that might be happening.that speaks volumes for the integrity (or lack of) of this promoter. as for the guy who needed this money to buy presents, what would have happened if he would have crashed or blown a motor in hot laps first night? you get nothing anyway. relying on purse money for something like christmas presents is just plain stupid.

Back