Hey Mel...is MCS sold?

Qtrmileracer

Rumors circulating around the track last Sat. that the track is sold to a developer for a truck stop.Closing as early as next month.Anything to it?

I just called Mel and told him about your post about the track being sold.
He doesn't understand where these rumors are coming from but he said
"Let me assure everyone that the track is not sold and if it was he would let everyone know." He doesn't understand where people get their information and on top of that there is already a closing date!!

If anyone has any questions about the racetrack, rumors or such, please call Mel direct on his cell phone...314-409-5655. He doesn't own a computer and doesn't get on this website. All this is doing is giving the track a bad name and making everyone think that the track isn't going to be open.

The track will be open and racing is every Saturday (weather permitting).

Thank you.

I just called Mel and talked to him too.Absolutely not true.He said that if it sells it will be announced.
I apologize for posting this,as I do not want to spread rumors or feed the fire.

"Chill Out"

Just to let evryone know I know the track is nit for sale I really feel that the ones starting the rumors are the ones trying and wanting the track to fail, For those who are working hard to try to make changes for the good it really gets old hearing that some folks do not have anything better to do with they're time. If you who ever you are do not like the track and how things are being done there are two things you can do to change them. 1. Break out your check book and alot of cash and you can make all of the great changes to make the track perfect like you would like to see it.
2. Shut up and go some where else the family of people at MCS are different than most of the other tracks I have been around the US. You can actually bring your kids and not have to cover there ears or worry about people stumbling drunk all over you.

I know everyone would like a track to be perfect for they're liking. It just does not happen that way the track is tryng to make changes for the best and keep racing every week and it is not as easy as you think. IF you want it changed SO BAD Buy IT! I Hope to see those who like MCS Saturday.

I had heard something similar a couple of weeks ago, from someone that lives out that way. I sense some underhanded things going on, in an attempt to spoil the success of MCS.

I had heard something similar a couple of weeks ago, from someone that lives out that way. I sense some underhanded things going on, in an attempt to spoil the success of MCS.

Well the reason you sense that is cause there's a disturbance in the force! A lot to learn you have! LMAO!

the track is for sale isnt it?last time i was their there is a big for sale sign out front..

We have raced there off and on for the past five years and have found Mel to be a really nice guy and I really think he runs a great track.All the people out there (racers,crews and fans) have always been a good bunch and I agree it is like a family atmosphere.It's not a rumor that the track is for sale,but I think that outside influences seem to want to keep the track from reaching its' full potential.

Yes, there is a For Sale sign on the property at the racetrack. It has been there for a while. It is not a rumor that the track is up for sale...but the rumor that it is SOLD is just that....a RUMOR. We need to stop these rumors because they are hurting the racetrack. I know people love spreading rumors....but all it is doing is harming the racetrack.

Mel has put everything into this racetrack and is trying his best each week to keep it going. It has been a struggle....but it is still open and will remain open.

So let's just support Mel and the track and enjoy each weeks racing. They put on a great show at MCS!!!

Come out an enjoy the holiday weekend this coming week.
Bring the family.

Hope to see everyone there.

I heard a rumor that Humpy Wheeler was buying the place and was going to turn it into a full fledged NASCAR super speedway complete with a 4/10 mile dirt track. I believe he's gonna call it Lowe's Motor Speedway!

Thumbs up MCS

Let's give Mel a little credit when it is due. Last saturday they ran the show with exceptional timing. Other than the little mishap in the A mod feature, I think one of the tow trucks quit and they had to clear the wreck with just one. All in all a very good night of racing. They got the races started just a tad late, but when they got them running it was like clock work. I think the races were done by 10:30. That's the way to run races to put fans in the stands. Give them some good racing and let them get home at a decent hour.
Well done MCS!
Ken Huber
Huber Motorsports 44H

thank you kenny finally for saying something possitive! everyone on here isnt going to like what i am going to say and i really DONT CARE! but seriously stop the rumors, criticism, and bull on here seriously!! you dont run a race track you probably dont know how! well mel and del and the whole crew up at mcs works there butts off the get the track good for us you know what you may not like how the track is one week and then like it the next thats racing! so i dont see why you have to get on here and start these stupid childish rumors and why you cant call him and ask or complain to him!?! for real i am sorry if you got offended by this but stop the crap! thanks! much love!!!
shannon johns
miss 33 cj

thank you kenny finally for saying something possitive! everyone on here isnt going to like what i am going to say and i really DONT CARE! but seriously stop the rumors, criticism, and bull on here seriously!! you dont run a race track you probably dont know how! well mel and del and the whole crew up at mcs works there butts off the get the track good for us you know what you may not like how the track is one week and then like it the next thats racing! so i dont see why you have to get on here and start these stupid childish rumors and why you cant call him and ask or complain to him!?! for real i am sorry if you got offended by this but stop the crap! thanks! much love!!!
shannon johns
miss 33 cj

I am not offended,but I started this post for the simple reason of asking a question directed to MEL,not realizing he does not get on here,I henceforth DID call Mel to get the facts and I DID apologize for posting this.
We all know that property is for sale. I seriously doubt anyone will purchase it in the near future with the economy ****ing as it is,but you never know.
As I said,Mel is a good guy who is trying his best to keep this track operating as efficiently and cost effectivlely as possible.
If I have any further questions about MCS they WILL be directed to Mel by phone or in person and certainly not this site.

shannon johns
miss 33 cj

My goodness! Can't we all just get along!!

I don't think we need to beat up on Sloan about this.

He addressed something that he heard and luckily, by this post, the rumor was publicly squashed. When I read his initial post, I did not view it as him complaining or spreading childish rumors.
He asked a question... got an answer... done.

I asked Mel Saturday night about this situation. He laughed. He was hoping someone would place a post letting everyone know that it is NOT closing, NOT sold and still kickn!

Montgomery is a wonderful place to spend my Saturday nights. Since the day the track opened, I have been there every night, with the exception of only a few (stinkin' people planning weddings during racing season. THE NERVE of them..:))
Anyway... I love it there. Couldn't imagine spending my Saturdays anywhere else.

I look forward to MANY more nights and seasons at MCS with my extended racing family!

I am not offended,but I started this post for the simple reason of asking a question directed to MEL,not realizing he does not get on here,I henceforth DID call Mel to get the facts and I DID apologize for posting this.
We all know that property is for sale. I seriously doubt anyone will purchase it in the near future with the economy ****ing as it is,but you never know.
As I said,Mel is a good guy who is trying his best to keep this track operating as efficiently and cost effectivlely as possible.
If I have any further questions about MCS they WILL be directed to Mel by phone or in person and certainly not this site.

well thanks and again i wasnt trying to be rude!

Last date for racing for the 2008 season is the last Saturday night in September. The 2009 season starts in April of 2009 and runs through Sept. of 2009. Just like it will for 2010, 2011, 2012....and so on.

shannon johns
miss 33 cj

A question was asked, and answered. I don't see what the problem is there. And before you play the "if you don't..." card, that really doesn't apply. I think the racing community deserves to know what is happening with the local tracks.

Last date for racing for the 2008 season is the last Saturday night in September. The 2009 season starts in April of 2009 and runs through Sept. of 2009. Just like it will for 2010, 2011, 2012....and so on.

That's the only information I have at the moment. There is no secret buyer, there is no secret truck stop, there is no secret plan to turn the track into a pay per fish lake, there is no secret practices.

Go start some rumors about some other track and leave us alone for a while.

Back