Hey Ram20?

Will you be running thisweek ? I will not run until 8-8 flywheel is out of car.

No I won't. Not sure when I will be back if at all this year. I am not doing anything different in my motors but this last one never even got broke in and it went boom. 6000rpm was the highest I ever took it and I spun a bearing when I have run my motors to 7200 all year long in the past and never had a bearing issue in 5 years.

Time to have someone else build me a shortblock so it might be awhile. Guess I will be in the pool with my beer while every one else gets to be at the track enjoying the triple digit temperatures.

jack

I was in the same boat a few years back-6 motors that year(chevy)-makes ya just want to take up another hobby-I have won alot of races with just a junkyard bottom end-I change the bearings out with the same ones that are in it-then put arp rod bolts in-that is the important part-then spin it 7200 all night long-$300 is about all i ever had in a short block-ya can't go wrong

I'll have to agree with Shannon. Stock is all we ran and 7200 was about all it would turn, never hurt it..

Back