hey tommy smallwood

53 schaf

I was just wondering why u had to run in the semi sat nite when u finished 2nd in your heat, was under the impression that the first two in each heat auto. made the big show. just asking Lawrence

Lawrence, we all had the same question Saturday night. I guess the whole passing points crap played a roll in it.

Yeah i was kinda shocked too even though i knew they were doing it by passing points. I don't care for the passing points system cause it hurts those that have a good pill draw and start on the front row. I should have asked for a higher pill when drawing.....lol.....It was kinda like Paul Belkin Jr. though. He won his heat race and did even get in the dash. I guess when you draw in that many cars for a big race you have to run it pretty much like they did. Because they start 24 cars in the feature + 2 provisionals you can't exactly say we will take the top so many when there are 7 plus heats. Because then you either only take a couple from the heats and a bunch from the semi's or vice versa. Luckily i was granted one of the provisionals for the feature though. The semi was not good because i lost my brakes about 4 laps or so into it. But we got it fixed to run the feature and then had the big crash at about lap 30-32. But owell it is the end of the year and we have all winter to fix it.....lol....Have a good winter Lawerance and we will see you next year.

Tom

Back