hey whats up with the restart rules.

barksboy

hey,​
Whats up with the double file restart? In the multi class there will be a lot more wrecks on the restart because 20 drivers are not going to be able to go in to the corner(next to another driver) more than once or twice a race. What happened to the cone on the backstraight, it always worked before, but i guess not now.​
cya​

restarts

barksboy if you have watched any big late model races you would think different of the deleware double file restarts ..... IT WORKS...... its finally an advatege for that leader who has been workin his @$$ off to get a nice lead and then some bone head spins out and lets that second place driver get right back on his @$$ because he gets the front row to himself........... and hey the multis make it thru the start at the first of the race and its double file so why cant they do it again..... next time your watchin tv try to find a good late model race on speed channel (i know u have it on ur satalite dish lol)

PEACE OUT :cool: BILLY :cool:

it will make for more exciting racing for us and the fans...sometimes it will work in your favor and sometimes it won't but it will be exciting.

I like it. for some of us it might cause more wrecks. but i think it makes for better racing. and thats how the restarts were when i raced at centerville arkansas and texas and i loved them.

modlitebill35 said:
. its finally an advatege for that leader who has been workin his @$$ off to get a nice lead and then some bone head spins out and lets that second place driver get right back on his @$$ because he gets the front row to himself
Hey Little Bill, isn't the 2nd and now 3rd place car going to be on the 2nd row right behind the leader?? I guess I'm not seeing the added advantage for the leader.

Taxicabs can get away with rubbing and wheel banging. It might not be much of a problem for them. But openwheel cars usually can't. Someone usually winds up on their lid. The scariest and most dangerous time in any openwheel race is getting around the first corner. That's when more stuff gets tore up. That situation has always existed once. Now you've multiplied it numerous times. The guy who has to pay for the damage isn't going to like it. If it gets bad enough he won't bring his car back. Do you see ANY dirt openwheel series doing it? WoO, All-Stars, ASCS, USAC, MARA?

I still fail to see whats wrong with the cone on the back straightaway. The flagman only has to watch one place. Pass or hit the cone and you're caught. How much easier can it get? How can the flagman watch 8 rows at once to make sure no one jumps a little early? Allow the leader to start anywhere from the middle of 1-2 to the cone. That gives him the advantage he's earned. It just seems too easy. I guess that's the problem.

We didn't even use a cone on the back stretch last year. It was coming off 4. I guess I'm just lucky I drive a "taxicab"

Wheel21 said:
We didn't even use a cone on the back stretch last year. It was coming off 4. I guess I'm just lucky I drive a "taxicab"
I know Doe Run didn't use a cone last year. By not doing so it gave the cars from the middle on back a definite advantage. The leader was actually penalized because he was forced to start right at the cone in turn 4. 2nd and 3rd were at a little disadvantage also because it was easy to watch them. From about 4th on back you could just pull out and take off early. You could gain at least 1 spot every time. The officials couldn't possibly watch every car. If you didn't take advantage it was your own fault. Thats why I like the cone on the back straight. The leader really does have the advantage that he has earned. Cars further back can't take off early. Its easy for officials to watch.

The "taxicab" reference is just a standard joke. Not meant to offend. I like watching you guys too.

I like the idea of the double file restarts. We did this when we went 2 Nebraska and Arkansas this past season and it worked out great for the dwarf/modlites.I beleive that the leader has a better advantage because he can start in his grove weather it would be low or high and when it was single file he had to stay in line. Just my thoughts

Jeffrey8 said:
I beleive that the leader has a better advantage because he can start in his grove weather it would be low or high and when it was single file he had to stay in line. Just my thoughts
:confused: I'm not sure I understand. If using a cone on the track the leader has to go outside the cone, same as every other car, but then he's free to take whatever line he wants. If not using a cone on the track, but just restarting in single file, the leader can still pick the line he wants. How is double file a better advantage?

I wasn't offended on the taxi cab thing. I love driving my truck. I just look at it this way. I like racing and enjoy the bullring of Doe Run. Yeah there's Pro's and Con's to all the different restarts and all are good points. But I just look at it this way. I'm there to race and the folks are in the stands to watch a race. If it makes the racing a little tighter and exciting then I'm for it whether I'm leading the race or in the back somewhere. I know I don't have the money in my truck like you guys do so I understand your concerns.

I'm like wheel taxi cab or open wheel it's all racing and you take the good with the bad and try to make the best of it, beause one night it will work in your favor one night it won't (taking the good with the bad.)

"I'm there to race and the folks are in the stands to watch a race."

the problem with this is most people didnt pay to watch 5 mins worth of racing and 25 mins worth of wrecks and cars riding around on caution. With double file restarts, on a small track, most classes will not make it through the corner very often.

Guess they'll have to learn to drive 'em now, huh?

They(we) start every heat, dash and feature that way, there is no reason it can't be done for every start. It will tighten up the racing, keep a better advantage throughout the field instead of just up front. Now you only have to go half as far to come from the back after a spin.

openwheel said:
I know Doe Run didn't use a cone last year. By not doing so it gave the cars from the middle on back a definite advantage. The leader was actually penalized because he was forced to start right at the cone in turn 4. 2nd and 3rd were at a little disadvantage also because it was easy to watch them. From about 4th on back you could just pull out and take off early. You could gain at least 1 spot every time. The officials couldn't possibly watch every car. If you didn't take advantage it was your own fault. Thats why I like the cone on the back straight. The leader really does have the advantage that he has earned. Cars further back can't take off early. Its easy for officials to watch.
The leader had the same advantage on the front stretch, unless he was sleeping at the cone. And the only advantage he may have had was being a wheel ahead at the caution, why give him a 1/2 second restart because he decided to restart 50 feet before he was SUPPOSED to. I like to play that game too, but I also hated to be on the back with half a field of cars in front of me who wouldn't or couldn't take off when they needed to. At least with the cone in four, I didn't have to wait for them;When the leader went I could, too!

Another advantage would be, the announcer could
recite his famous "Nose to tail & Side by side" spiel
all evening long...Now I don't care who you are,
thats real excitement for the fans in the stands...

leader's advantage

hey the advantage of the leader would be that he gets to chose his line but the 2nd and 3rd place cars have to battle eachother for the line so by the time they get in line the leader has his advantage taken

Back