Highland bomber rules

railrocket007

I had heard that people want to change the rules (added weight holly 500 big cam etc, and i was just wondering if anyone else has heard this also.I think Charlie did a great job at highland and i thought the bomber class was the best it has been in over 5 years.I heard they averaged 26 bombers a night, so my question is , why would you want to change a great class with a a turnout like they had. Anyone have any info and the pros and cons of changing.Keep up the good work Charlie ,and lets leave the rules the same IMO Thanks

People can say they have heard whatever they want but the facts are all rules are going to be voted on and all changes can only be made if they get voted in. The lead question was asked last year and was voted down. If you want to know the rule changes go to the meeting.

i would like to run lead and offsets it would save alot of headaches when it comes to teching them, jmo shawn

How can it be the best in 5 years? EVERY feature winner came off of the front row all year !!! No passing for the win. If you win the second heat your starting front row outside, and thats the place EVERONE wanted. I should know I raced every night at Highland for the past 7 years. There was never a year that all winners of the feature came off of front row !! The year before I was very lucky and won 5 features, 2 of them on last lap passes for the win. I only won 1 from the front row. Now , I would rather watch racing with passing than follow the leader. How about you? But thats just my opinion........... Take it or leave it.....................

rules

I agree with Danny in saying that the features were mostly one lane not much passing and the winner came from the front row outside. however, the solution to that problem is not to change the rules, but to make the track more racey on the bottom. The rules have not changed too much in the past years but it seems like the track has just gone away on the bottom. Not trying to make anyone mad but would like to see some work done to prevent this.

TRACK

They probally wont change the track, so what do you think would provide more passing.It seemed like the competition really stepped up this year . What would you do to help the class be more racy without changing the rules to allow open engines etc.Just wondering , and i hate to see the class go from 26 cars a nite to 15 a nite because of new rules etc.Highland averaged more bombers a nite than any other track, so i dont believe they should make any drastic rule changes .Maybe what Ben said is the best .:)

godanny66,

I don't want to sound like a smart-a**, but I really hate when people come on here and state things as fact when really they are not. I do agree with you that most of the bomber features are won from the front row, and most of those from the outside row. But where in racing do you see someone come from the back to win most of the nights? The bomber class is very competitive and the fastest cars usually start in the front. so obviously, they should stay there.
Now just to address your statement that all of the features were won from the front row:

On 4/19 Steve Steele won from the second row outside
On 7/26 Steve Steele won from the fourth row inside
On 8/23 Matt Koch won from the second row outside
On 9/6 Steve Steele won from the second row inside

All you have to do is look back at the results from this year to see this. The statistic that I would really like to see is where all of the feature winners started in the heat races to see how far they moved up to get that good starting spot for the feature.

You better check again ,He did not come from the 4 th row on 7-26, It was the front row! That was the night of the brake checks , remember!!!! He moved up to the front because everone else got kicked out in front of him. Now, who has there FACTS wrong? I have nothing aganst Steve hes a heck of a nice guy! He was very fast for a rookie .I enjoyed racing with him. But hows this, Almost every feature was won from front row. Is that better? But I'm almost sure they were all front row starts. Steve I know you get on this web site. Tell us were you started, you had a heck of a good year! I"m not trying to put anyone down. Just don"t like to play follow the leader on the track. And its not the BEST racing in the last 5-years.

I can't say where Steve started on those nights that he won features. But I did start in the second row the night that I won. But, it was on the inside, not the outside. I was moved to the inside on a complete restart after another car crashed on the first lap.

YES I BELIEVE I FINISHED SECOND THAT NIGHT. LOOK WE ALL HAVE OUR OPINIONS AND THERE ARE A FEW FACTS THAT CANNOT BE ARGUED. 1) THE TRACK AT HIGHLAND IS FASTER ON TOP, AS IS MOST TRACKS, AND ONE WAY TO HELP TRACTION ON THE BOTTOM WOULD BE TO ADD WEIGHT OR ALLOW OFFSET RIMS. THOSE ARE TWO RULE CHANGES THAT COULD BE ALLOWED AND COSTS THE DRIVERS VERY VERY LITTLE. YOU HAVE TO BUY RIMS AT SOME POINT AND IT DOESN'T COST MORE FOR DIFFERENT OFFSETS. I ALSO THINK THAT ALLOWING REMOVABLE WIEGHT WOULD HELP SETTING THE CROSS WEIGHT TO TIGHTEN THE CAR FOR RUNNING THE TOP OR BOTTOM. BOTH OF THOSE WOULD HELP THE CARS TO HANDLE BETTER AND (IN THEORY) REDUCE THE NUMBER OF ACCIDENTS. AS FAR AS ENGINE RULES, TO OPEN UP THE ENGINE RULES WOULD MEAN, THE TEAM WITH THE MOST MONEY WOULD WIN MOST OF THE TIME AND THOSE OUT THERE HAVING FUN WOULD NOT AND WOULD PROBABLY GO TO DIFFERENT TRACKS. I AM A NEW DRIVER, BUT I HAVE BEEN RACING FOR 7 YEARS AND HAVE WORKED WITH DIRT LATEMODELS, ASPHALT LATEMODEL, MICRO SPRINTS, SPORTSMAN AND NOW BOMBER(DRIVER), IM NO STRANGER TO RACING AND THINK THAT MAKING A CAR EASIER TO DRIVE IS ONLY A PLUS AND CHANGES LIKE THESE WILL NOT RUN A RACETEAM BROKE IN THE POCKET BOOK. PLEASE COME TO THE RULE MEETING ON THE 14TH AND EXPRESS YOUR OPNION, AFTER ALL WE ARE NOT BEING FORCED TO MAKE CHANGES, WE HAVE THE POWER TO DECIDE WHAT IS BEST FOR YOURSELVES.

P.S. FUTURE TRACK CHAMPION AT GODFREY AND HIGHLAND \
I HOPE :) ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

I think danny is right about the 26th. That was the night of the brake checks . I for one would like to see the rules stay the same . I watched the modifieds run and their wasnt much passing with them either. I think ben has a good point about the track and the bottom has gone away but it is hard to argue with a average of 26 cars every night . Just like to say how much i enjoyed racing with everyone last year and cant wait till next year . And i think the rules meeting is dec 14 @6.00 SEE YAS THERE.

tracks

Brandon .How many races do you have to run a year , before you cant be eligible for a rookie.I thought it was 4, but im not sure?.

Like Brandon #77 and Shawn #13T, I would like to see the weight and wheel offset rules changed. I will not cost us any more, it will help us to be able to set up our cars to run on the bottom, and since most of the other tracks around allow lead and offset wheels, it may actually draw a few different cars. If nothing else it would eliminate the gray area judgment calls during tech. I bought all 4" wheels and I was still nervous when they were measuring my wheels because you never know how close they actually measure to 4".
All of the other rules seem fine and they keep the class very competitive. We all need to show up to the rules meeting next sunday and voice our opinions.

Back