Highland Ice Bowl

DIXON NOR COLLINS WAS THERE, IT WAS SOME GOOD RACING, CONSIDERING THE WEATHER, FRIGGIN COLD. KORTE RULED AGAIN.
icon14.gif
HAPPY EASTER EVERYBODY.

I dont know about good racing though every race was a follow the leader I cant think of one race thaty someone didnt take the lead in the first two laps and they just about finished like that I was kinda bored to tell you the truth and i drove 100 miles to watch.

Ed Lenhardt won the modified feature. Mike Vanderiet was 2nd, Hancock 3rd, Bielong 4th and K. Wallace 5th...

great racein

great raceing at highland tonight.... the track was great and A SPECIAL THANKS TO THE FANS THAT SHOWED UP TONIGHT.... THANK YOU ALL....:)

I dont know about good racing though every race was a follow the leader I cant think of one race thaty someone didnt take the lead in the first two laps and they just about finished like that I was kinda bored to tell you the truth and i drove 100 miles to watch.

This has been normal for Highland in the past several years ... was hoping for better racing with the new dirt, but am told they took ALL the new dirt off and they are back to the "old" surface ... what a shame.

The track took rubber top to bottom, so passing was difficult. And with the extended red flag after the fireball on the front stretch, I think some driver's tires sealed up, making it worse. Before the red flag, Zobrist was closing quick on the high side. Afterwards, he couldn't go anywhere.

As for the track surface, from the locals that I talked to, they are going to be adding the new dirt back in, a bit at a time, gradually increasing the banking in the turns until all the dirt is added. Apparently when they laid it down the first time, it was way too wet, wouldn't dry out, and couldn't be worked with in any way. Hopefully, when it's all said and done, it'll be a beautiful racing surface.

BTW, when Korte's up front at Highland, good luck passing anyway. No matter if a driver is outside of him or not, he will run wide and pinch you on the straights, like he did in the first few laps to Billy Faust.

You know since I posted that I watched some more of the features on watchmotorsports.com from Highland and you know they are alot of follow the leader but I am no quitter I will some day go back. Just a little further then some of the others so I dont normally go there.

it was kind of follow the leader in the front of the pack but there was some good side by side racing in the middle and the back...I wouldn't describe it as being boring...at least I could see the cars going around the track which is more than I could say for opening night at Belleville. Give Highland a chance to fix the track...they had alot of cars there Saturday that weren't your normal cars....

Brenda

Didnt mean anything bad about the place it happens everywhere from time to time. There was some good middle of the pack racing in a couple but alot of follow the leader too. Ill go back again.

Back