Highland Speedway A for effort..

Good job guy's... You get a BIG 'A' for effort considering the weather condition's were not the best.. It's also is a nice touch to give those in attendance 5$ off one of the the next two weeks of racing. Thanks

I was not there tonight thankfully but from the sounds of alot of people they should have just cancelled. So you all sat there all night to watch 3 features? Sounds like alot of torn up equipment in the process. Sometimes it is just better to call the show than to try running it.

I agree Tommy. I was not there either but it sounds like an expensive night. Hope this night was not the true start of points.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

i worked my azz off all day to get my real b mod ready,,,glad i left it in the barn as they did not get to run..i uasually support highland but not sure on this call..

It is VERY easy to say all of this after the night has ran it's course. They saw opportunity and took a chance. It could have easly went the other way and had a great night. They did everything possible to make it happen.
I will continue to support highland, Scott and the fair board. Very difficult decisions to deal with week after week.
Thanks for trying !!!

No way should the show have went on tonight. To rip the fans off of all the heat races and the dashes was bad enough they then didnt run 2 of the features. The picture i seen of the pit area was rediculous and that was before the races even started. I fully understand the purpose of trying to get a show in but come on you have to draw the line somewhere. Since it was the first night of points all these drivers got ripped off. You had a bad pill draw you start in the back of the feature. I cant think of one positive thing out of this whole ordeal. You can pat them on the back all ya want for trying but all it did was cost some of the racers a bunch of money and the fans seen very little racing. Whoever wants to disagree with my opinions is more than welcome to. But the bottom line is they should not have even tried from the get go. This may have cost them more money than it was worth.

I was very thankful they went ahead and ran and i enjoyed seeing some racing..and so did my entire family.Thanks ALOT Highland!

I wonder if some folks took a chance and went because someone posted on here Kenny Wallace was heading to the track with his modified? Guess Wallace was a no show??

I'm with 5430 on this one.
I was at both drivers meetings, and only heard a had full of the people want to cancel.
It does **** that it's gonna cost twenty bucks at the car wash to get all the mud off my stuff, but that's why it's racing I guess. Win some, lose some lol.
The track didn't dry off like they, or even I expected.
Hindsights 20/20. Sure is easy to look back today and make decisions, but that isn't reality.
I guess everyone is going to have their own opinion on this one, this one is just mine.
Happy Easter
Adam

Their hearts were in the right place, but it was a terrible decision. I stood up on the hill until it started raining again and decided to leave, knowing there was no way they were gonna run a full show in 3 hours. Sounded like an absolute joke from the people I talked to that did stick around...definitely not the way you wanna start off your season for the drivers or the fans.

Apparently Kenny didn't see it worth it to junk his stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364735456751.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364735456751.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 296
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364735467333.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364735467333.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 293
Wallace was in the pit area, but he was one of 9 modifieds that didn't come out for the feature.
I wonder if some folks took a chance and went because someone posted on here Kenny Wallace was heading to the track with his modified? Guess Wallace was a no show??

They should have cancelled around 6pm. I got to the track around 4:30 and it rained for quite a while. The pit area was a disaster. I never unloaded my car, i cant afford to risk destroying it to race it in the slop. I wasnt at the first drivers meeting but at the 2nd meeting I tried to tell a few officials my opinion and they looked the other way, they already had their minds made up. It pretty much just made me decide to not race there on a weekly basis. I guess they will have to make up the street stock and bmod features next week? I feel bad for all the pit crews that paid $30 to get in and didnt get to see their cars race at all, or just got to watch 2 features. Actually, I dont know if they can even award UMP points for that, can a track change their line-up procedures in the middle of a night of racing??

That's what I've been hearing from a lot of people. Officials can't really do anything except follow the instructions they're given. I'm guessing they were getting a lot of flack for decisions that others made and were probably ill tempered. Still should at least listen to what the drivers have to say. Sad night for highland even though I did enjoy the little racing there was. Hope we don't lose a lot of people to this :(

all i can say is congrats to mike j,,that aint a mega bux operation but ya could not tell that last night

Back