Highland Speedway

towmaster

What would it take for Highland to get a Lucas Oil or WoO race one of these years. They should be able to afford it. Their payout hasn't increase in probably 5 years or so. Their payout is much lower than Belleville, Tri-city and I-55 they pack the stands every night and the car count is always high. The track has been pretty good overall this year and the people working on the track have been making big steps at improving. I think getting a show like that would be an awesome addition to their schedule.

Im not a big fan of powri but i will go watch. But getting a lucas oil or wol would be awsome i would be there for that and pay what it cost to get it no matter.

If its like it was years ago...to many hands in the pot.....youve got the sharpshooters that own the place ,the fairboard,,the promoter....unless you could get all of them to agree i dont think you will ever see it.. its a bad deal ..i tend to like the lucas series the best right now

With Scott being new to promoting he doesn't want to take a race like that on just yet although it has been discussed. He wants to get more experience before taking a race like that on. The issue would be highland really doesn't have the seating capacity that those races need in order to hold a show of that caliber.

With Scott being new to promoting he doesn't want to take a race like that on just yet although it has been discussed. He wants to get more experience before taking a race like that on. The issue would be highland really doesn't have the seating capacity that those races need in order to hold a show of that caliber.

Most of the tracks that run those bigger show dont have enough seating. Example: Farmer City, Lincoln, Fairbury, and pretty much every other county fair track there is in the midwest.

I think when the time is right, that would be great!One show I wouldnt go see is a MASS show..Have one of those and expect low turnouts

A few years ago, when the Highland Fair show paid $7500 to win and was the night after the Lucas Oil show at Tri-City, I e-mailed the Lucas Oil series PR guy and asked him if he thought any of the Lucas Oil drivers would race the Highland Fair show since it had a good payout. He promptly e-mailed me back and asked me if I was the track promoter and told me that Lucas Oil would like to sanction the race. I e-mailed him the contact information for the Highland track but apparently nothing materialized. However, it does tell me that Highland could get a show like Lucas Oil or WoO if they pursued it.

Back