Highland Speedway?

Interested to get an answer about last sat. night. As i was leaving the pits after the races i noticed a oil drain pan full of used oil just sitting on the ground next to a trash can! Just wondering if this is a normal procedure that people do on a weekly basis? I mean you fine Harrison's crew 1000 bucks for dumping shower water, to me their is a big difference here!

a $1,000 dollar fine for dumping shower water? That seems rather excessive. My Lord, this isn't exactly big time racing. Did Harrison ever come back?

That sounds pretty cheap to me!!! Just think if the law would of been involved.Then you got court cost,fines,and maybe some probation+the track fine!! I have seen oil pans at the track before to.

I seen a guy once at godfrey roll his car 1/2 way off the trailer and let the oil out right there on the ground. Officials were on it and he went byebye.

It was noted someone reported the water was from the dump tank. Harrisons hauler claims it was shower water. Who knows........but in todays world you dont want to dump anything on anyones property that is anywhere questionable. Remember what i said about property and liability?

Im not takin sides either......just the way it was reported. Like i said.......who really knows. But in todays world it can get crazy over nothing

Difference in what you are saying is Harrison's crew was caught, who knows who put the oil pan there, just like all the tires that get left behind, and the aluminum cans thrown all over!! We used to scoop up alot of aluminum from whoever we pitted next to. Everyone just throws them on the ground, they r worth a lot of money( to us, some think it's petty, but it pays the bills too!!)

Back