Highland Updates?

qwaynick

The Original Q
They racing or did the rain win? If they're racing whats going on?

31 LM's
Qualifying:
Korte 13.767
Sheppard
Babb
Oneal
English
E. Smith
K Schrader

Dash: Korte,Babb,Sheppard,Oneal, Martin,Smith,English, Melvin,Dixon
Korte started 6th in the dash and scruffy said drove like wildman and won the dash.

look up Q they are 3-4 qualifying and 2-4 in the dash :)

Good luck Korte hope you bring home the bacon

Faust, Zobrist, English 1st heat

Voigt, Melvin, Taylor, Allgaier 2nd heat

Erb, Dixon, Weaver 3rd heat

Hammer, M Faust, Carlson 4th heat

All this is from dirtalive chat room.

Feature line up

Saw this on 4m and wanted to pass it along

feature line up

00 18
9 5s
71 25
26 30v
28 45
78 27
50 51
96 3L
b12 c12
77 1A
56 provisional

lucky said:
Faust, Zobrist, English 1st heat

Voigt, Melvin, Taylor, Allgaier 2nd heat

Erb, Dixon, Weaver 3rd heat

Hammer, M Faust, Carlson 4th heat

All this is from dirtalive chat room.
How about that 4th heat race. Does anyone else think Kenny Schrader should have been put to the back of the pack on the restart? That was a pretty bad call !

That orange #45 was running a line that looked like an EKG chart but Schrader did tag him. If they didn't make that call there would have been people b*tching about that too. That was not an easy call to make but I will have to support the officials on this one.

That was a terrible call,Schrader wasn't even close,Hammer spun all by himself!!!Thats what I seen and the fans were not happy at all.That call was so bad Kenny didn't even run the consy and you know Kenny's not like that!!!!! :mad:

From where i was sitting i couldnt see if he did or not...later on talked to people that werent officials, standing in the infield..and they said he did spin him...

I got it in a pic Schrader did hit him but I still think it was a bad call cause the 45 hit the breaks trying to go low and Schrader drove right buy him and got him by about 3 inch's of the rear bar

Yes i think it was a little extreme to tail him, b/c i dont think it would have been intentional, he didnt hit him hard enough to bend in the front of his car...

Not for sure

What track were you at? or how you could not see there was contact for more than one lap. I like watching the 99 run also, but he did make contact and caused the spin. The lap before he made contact pretty hard but it was in the straight with the next lap going into turn 1. He was trying to run the highline and the other car was coming up from the bottom, but a lot of drivers do that cutting back down for the corners and he was the leader. I really thought Kenny would just cut down on the straight and get inside him reversing their position's.
I agree it was the only call they had. The person that cause's the spin goes to the tail. I am surprized that he did not run the consi, saw him run a great one there a few yrs back. I imagine he will be thinking about this tonight and tomorrow.
otherwise some good racing went on tonight there, got plenty dirty.. Cya Randy :)

Sportsman feature

THe modified feature was pretty cut-and-dry. It was the Sportsman feature that was more than questionable. From where I was sitting, which was right on the start finish line, Thornton won that race. All you had to do was listen to Kline during his post race interview. He said, and the voice inflection needed to be heard, "The officials are never wrong". Well in my opinion they missed this one.

Over all some very good racing tonight. Billy Faust probably made for the best race of the night. Too bad for my pick, Allgaier. I would really like to see him win one of these races. Power steering problems tonight caused him to DNF.

Good job by the track crew to make a good track tonight. A couple of days ago I asked if MCS was always so rough and someone replied, "what can you expect with all the rain". Well, tonight showed me just how good a track can be even with a large amount of rain. I am not bashing the track crew at MCS. I am not starting one of "those" posts. Just congratulating the Highland crew on a job well done.

KT

Back