Highland's Track

getinit

mll8pt
I know it may get over looked with the sheppard incident, but the track s**ked tonight. Worst SN race i've been to this year and i've been to 5 others so far. I try to give kudos to highland when they have a racy track but 2nite was not one of them nights.

i thought it also ****ed. need 2 work on the the thing 4 big shows. and people wonder y guys like moyer skip the hellhole

i thought it also ****ed. need 2 work on the the thing 4 big shows. and people wonder y guys like moyer skip the hellhole
Guys like moyer dont normally race for $6000.00 very often. if you dont like the place then stay the hell away. nobody will miss you :p

Hold on a second!!!

That track was pretty racy. It was much much better than last year's frieght train. I saw guys running 3 distinct lines in the lade model feature. Top, bottom, and middle. Randy Korte started 20th and finished 6th. He could have never done that without a racy surface.

Some of you guys simply do not like Highland and you'll never have anything good to say about it. Let's be fair and honest though. That track held up pretty well tonight.

That track was great! Korte was awsome in the middle, not a caution and passing in 3 lanes. What more do you want?

It has rubbered up in past years...so tonight was an improvement on that. I thought the feature really needed just a yellow or two to regroup everyone and force Jeep to run a few laps under pressure. Voigt faded early but was probably the best car on the track for the last 8 to 10 laps and Korte definitely would have benefitted from a few timely yellows. He could have finished somewhere in the top 3...from 20th.

Thought it was a good race,not as good as tri citys but still a good race.Btw didn`t Moyer quit running highland after Shannon Babb was dominating up there a couple years ago?

I agree with Bopper and jmcgrew! What more do you people want? I thought the track was in great condition and they did a great job of moving the show along considering they had some problems early and got started late.

Great job Highland Speedway!

CT

That track was great! Korte was awsome in the middle, not a caution and passing in 3 lanes. What more do you want?

you got that right that's the best word a person could use simply awsome when you start 20th out of 21 finish 6th right behind erb and melvin!:cool:

The late model feature was pretty damn good in my opinion...it would have been nice to have 1 yellow to line 'em back up, but the green to checkered was also nice!! Way to go Korte on that run, looked good out there!!! Van Wormer was pretty dominating out there--Faust, Voight, & Melvin looked good too. Where did Feger end up finishing?

I know I've never see anything like what Sheppard did in a late model race. In my opinion it was uncalled for, but I guess you'll have that every now & then....

I think the track was the best during the modified feature...there were two distinct lines. I would have liked them to grate(not just water) the top like Kevin does at tri-city. I'm far from a Highland basher since I've been there nearly every night this year, but that wasn't the best shape they've had it in this year. it's still an improvement over the days of Charlie...

Here we go again

FIRST excellent job on the track prep

SECOND as was previously said if you just hate highland stay away BUT i am sure they appreciate YOUR $25.00 the most

AND LASTLY IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DO A BETTER JOB PLEASE LEASE THE GD TRACK IN MOUNT VERNON AND SHOW US ALL WHAT KIND OF EXPERT TRACK PREP PROFESSIONAL YOU MIGHT BE

For Highland standards, that track was awesome Wednesday night. BTW, love the added feature of being able to watch the baseball game at the same time. Great walk-off homer by Colby Rasmus!!!

Back