Hill Kicking Off Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour Season This Week

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - KNOXVILLE, Iowa (April 23, 2019) - Alex Hill has been eagerly awaiting the start of the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour season.

"I'm really excited about it," she said. "I've been looking forward to this since the first races in Texas were rained out (last month)."

5f402117-9d17-46fb-9e6a-c6e8109c721f.jpg
Hill noted that her first full season of traveling with the series last year should aid her this season.

"We went to a lot of tracks for the first time last year," said Hill, who finished 12th in the championship standings as a rookie. "We expect that experience will make us better prepared for those tracks when we return to them this year."

Unfortunately, the two tracks scheduled this week - Eagle Raceway in Eagle, Neb., on Thursday and U.S. 36 Raceway in Osborn, Mo., on Friday - weren't on last year's tour and will present first-time challenges for Hill and her team.

"Going to new tracks is something we're used to," she said. "I'm sure my crew will give me a good car and hopefully it won't take me long to figure out the quick way around."

Hill's 2019 410ci winged sprint car debut scheduled for last Friday at Lernerville Speedway in Sarver, Pa., succumbed to rain. A late decision sent her and the Hill's Racing Team on the road to compete at Knoxville Raceway Saturday night. Hill flew from Los Angeles to Buffalo, N.Y., and then drove the 13-plus hour drive to Knoxville, Iowa, with her mother.

"Our night started out well," she said. "We were fast in hot laps. I felt really comfortable in the car. It was the first time I drove around there flat-out since my accident."

Hill, who was sidelined from racing for almost two months due to injuries sustained in a vicious crash at Knoxville Raceway in May of 2017, was credited 31st in qualifying.

"We had a vibration in the motor in time trials," she said. "Then our time was disqualified because we ran the wrong left rear tire, which was probably due to my crew scrambling to get everything switched over and ready since we changed plans at the last minute. That gave us little chance to make the A Main with so many cars. We started last in the heat and we just mainly wanted to see if Daryl had fixed the vibration, which he had. Then we started 11th in the B Main and made it up to seventh before we ran out of laps. So we ended up a few spots short of making the transfer to the A Main."

Hill will return to Knoxville Raceway this Saturday following the two ASCS National Tour races.

QUICK RESULTS -

April 20 - Knoxville Raceway in Knoxville, Iowa - Qualifying: 31; Heat race: 8 (8); B Main: 7 (11).

SEASON STATS -

7 races, 0 wins, 0 top fives, 0 top 10s, 0 top 15s, 0 top 20s

UP NEXT -

Thursday at Eagle Raceway in Eagle, Neb., and Friday at U.S. 36 Raceway in Osborn, Mo., with the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour and Saturday at Knoxville Raceway in Knoxville, Iowa

MEDIA LINKS -

Twitter: https://twitter.com/HillsRacingTeam

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hillsracing/

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Strodes BBQ and Deli

Strodes BBQ and Deli is the ultimate source for everything barbecue in the Brantford, Ontario, area for over 80 years. Whether it's event catering, some hot take-out for lunch, or the best grills and accessories on the market, Strodes has it covered. For more information, visit www.strodes.ca.

"Strodes BBQ and Deli has catered events for our race team and has done a tremendous job with their delicious food," Hill said. "We're excited to have them as supporters of our team."

Hill would also like to thank Townline Variety, BearPaw Gas and Convenience,Tony Stewart Racing, Ackland Insurance, Cool Chassis, Creative Edge Signs & Graphics, Lettrage Pixel, XYZ Machining, Fisher Racing Engines, Allstar Performance, PPM Racing Products, Keizer Aluminum Wheels, Original Traders Energy, Total Rentals, PAC Racing Springs, Wilwood, DMI, MicroBlue, Vortex Racing Products, Saldana Racing Products, Kinsler Fuel Injection, KSE Racing Products and Brown & Miller Racing Solutions for their continued support.

Back