HMR Clone series

HMR Kart Shop

missouri drifter
The HMR clone series as of now has ended. I am talking to couple of people to take over the series for me and should be able to make an announcement this week if the last 2 races will be run. I tried to get something for the local racers to compete in a local series and it has grown all year and I am thankfull for all of you. I do not want this to end and will work hard to find someone to keep it going. After last night with people threatening me and my family it is not worth it. I want to get back to racing with my kids and friends and spend more time at home with my wife.

Thank you
John Hobson

Wow... sorry to hear that John. Always those few bad people that ruin things for everybody. But you gotta look out for you and your family before anybody else. I'm sure we'll see you guys at the track.

Promoting is a thanks less job. My hat is off to you for the blood, sweat and tars that had to be shed to get a race at Belle Clair. Once the program got rolling it ran very well. Track was fast and smooth and I know you were hustling your tail off the night before and the entire day.

Go racing with the kids, hit the lake and get back to what karting is suppose to be FUN !!!!! Not a dig on you John...just my thoughts about the state of karting in general. The vast majority are spending dollars to earn dimes, I am firmly in that majority.

Good luck and good job,
Toby

Thank you John and family for all of your hard work. Still look forward to seeing you at the track. I wouldn't be back in karting if it weren't for you guys.
Sorry that some people take for granted all of the efforts you put into yesterday's event and are jerks about it. I always thought kart racing was a family friendly sport, but after some of the crap I saw and heard yesterday, I don't know. Parents yelling at kids, drinking in the pits, and incessant complaining from ungrateful people. I'd give it up too after dealing with all of that.
Thanks again for all you have done for karting in St. Louis.

John i don't blame you for wanting to spend time with your family,family should come first.i worked out at bedrock with frank for about 4 years and watched people complain to him about the track or some thing that happened on the track that he had no control over. As for you a holes that threatened the hobson family, what is wrong with you people. They worked there tail off putting this race together for you complainers to have a place to race. As for you john and your family thank you for all your hard work, i have been there with frank, he works out there all week to make bedrock a nice place to race. You people should thank guys like frank and john every time you see them for trying to keep kart racing alive in this area. John grab A cooler full of adult beverages, your kids, your wife, and your mom and dad and cove out.

Larry westerfield

Sorry to hear that to John for what its worth thank you your dad and family for the effort you put in it .
It sure was fun. I guess there where some bad apples in the bunch that were unhappy with the out come of the day.
Like Larry said head down to the lake.

John Schneider

Thanks everyone I promise i am going to try to keep this going, Im pretty confident about one of the people i have
asked about taking over the series. I agree with all of you about frank I dont know how he can do what he does
I just ask all of you support Frank as we will so we do have a place to go race.

Thanks everyone I promise i am going to try to keep this going, Im pretty confident about one of the people i have
asked about taking over the series. I agree with all of you about frank I dont know how he can do what he does
I just ask all of you support Frank as we will so we do have a place to go race.

We appreciate the effort John. You and your family have gained the respect of many people with your efforts to promote karting in the St. Louis area. You've done a good job. It's a tough deal when you are the person people complain too. Maybe one of these days someone will step out of the crowd and show us all how to run a perfect track or series the first time.

You did a fine job . The track was fast and the show ran as smoothly as any other big race we have gone to.
It is a IMPOSIBLE job to make everybody happy but i know you did your best.. You can't control everything .
We had a great time . Thank you for giving me the opportunity to race with my two sons . We don't get to do much
together . Keep up the good work and i will see you at the track.. You won't be hard to find just look to the front!
because your a winner and thats where they are....
Enjoy you time with the family and lets get back to racing !!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to give a special thanks to Brian Montgomery for your help at the track
and the Bedrock raceway for the "after hours testing "you gave us
with out both of you we would not been able to have the fun that we did

Jeff Lence

lets all just keep *****n and slinging mud until who ever john has been talking to about taken over the series is no longer interesrted . I for one would like to see it continue . You know what really stink is that my son finally had a chance to win a points championship after racing for five years and not even coming close . and know its all gone because a few assholes ruined it for all of us. Anyway thanks to the Hobson Family for all that you did, some of us do appreciate everthing you guys did. thanks again Scott

Not throwing john and family under the bus just a ? if the payout was 50% payback for under ten karts and my buddies class had 7 karts and his son won and the entry fee was 55 bucks how did he only win 50? just a ? please don't people start going overboard.

Back