Hockey seasons back!

dirtgoon

'89 S-10, 350 Smallblock
I'm one of the few who's glad that the NHL is back. Things don't really look that good for the Blues though, no scoring :( . I'm also kinda mad that Reed Low was sent down to Peoria. I like Aaron Downey but he's not as good of a fighter as Reed. Some of the new rules are kinda stupid too but at least theres something to watch this winter.

Me too! I am a die hard Blues fan, but I am afraid that they are going to get their asses handed to them this year. The team does not look like a cohesive unit at all.

I think their record string of playoff appearances might just be snapped this year. Damn shame.

Tim

I'm bleeding Blue tonight boy's and girls. i think maybe they need this kind of start. Just seems like they were to comfortable by the time playoffs start and then come out flat, and then fall on their faces, maybe if they have to fight to get there thier momentum will carry them through.

I know our household is excited to have the Blues back on the ice. It was a long winter w/out hockey :(

Reed Low is an AWESOME guy. he was out here at Greenville wen they had the ford and chevy dealer promotions and he is great. We got all kinds of pictures by the racecar and his family was with him they were just as nice. I must have missed him being sent to Peoria though. I cant wait for tonight. I have basket class here but you can bet your butt I will have the game on.
GO BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad the Blues are back on the ice! I love watching hockey, I just hope they can figure out a way to score.

dirtgoon said:
Some of the new rules are kinda stupid too but at least theres something to watch this winter.

I'm not so hot on the shootout to break ties, but I love that they got rid of offsides. I always hated it when a penalty kill unit would knock the puck out of the attack zone, and the power play unit would have to waste a bunch of time skating back behind the blueline again.

Now if they would just cut the number of teams that make the playoffs so the regular season had some meaning... :rolleyes:

Well after watching the 'new' figure skating NHL, my joy for the start of the season has gone in the toliet. Last night was a perfect example of how the NHL cmmisioner, Gary Buttman took out the physical aspect of the game. Kitchen did'nt dress Downey and if this happend a couple of years ago with the Wings blowing the Blues out at the end of the game, there would've been a message sent for tonights game. I just hope the Blues don't roll over and die like they did last night.

I say BOYCOTT HOCKEY!!! The fags don't get the exact dollar figure they want, so they take the season off. I know it won't mean much, but they will NEVER see another penny of mine..

Back