hoosiers on emods at belleville????

racer53

mike reagan
ill start the thread with my name is mike reagan driver of the 88 purestock now thats out there,,,,, why is it that emod tires were allowed to be ran on our cars on oct 11 and now i hear at the fall nationals it will be the same. i understand why the guys who support belleville on a weekly basis should have to change our cars to be compettive with the cars that have, an will show up in my opinion they should have to adjust to our rules being the and if the the rumor is true about fall nationals then the emods need to be allowed next year im not bashin allied or anything like that but i simply dont agree with this.....another thought to is when we change our tires for these shows we put on junk the other guys show up with new rubber

once again,

mike reagan

Did u ever once think if they didnt open up tire rule that the car count would be like every other night at belleville and maybe they would like to see more cars and better compition and if your putting junk tires on your own car seems to me like you should just stay home and forget the bigger shows at bville would you put a junk motor in just to go make some laps i dont think so......... Jmo

i dont have a problem with "better" competition, bring it, i dont think i should have to change my car for them to run with me we have rules we run by all season they should change their cars

mike reagan

I've been hearing things like this for years. You've got a good point. Your track, Your rules. I wish all local tracks would get together and have one set of rules for all classes, weather it be pure stock, Street stock, 4 bangers or whatever. Don't Highland and TCS have the same rules, and B-Ville and Pevely have the same? Might be something to think about in the off season for officials.
Adam Koch
South of Aviston

I totally agree with Mike. Why should we have to change our rules for big events. If we go to other tracks we have to change things to be in the rules of that track. Why up and change things for big events. Did it really draw a bigger car count for fair week? If my memory serves me correct, there was less cars than last year show up in the pure stock division. Economy?? Tires?? Who knows, but why should we have to change things on our cars for Allied events so others can come and compete. If they want to come and compete im sure they can get ahold of the rules. Other than that, the pure stock division this year at Belleville has been fun to watch from the back, lol

tires

the tire rule is not what bothers me last year there was a car cheating and everyone could see it the rules states no floters rearends and this car had one and pointed out the officials say its ok hes the only one why write these rules if your not going to enforce them maby i will ask ed dixion to use his latemodel hey its ok ill be the only one

tires

the street stocks at bville SHOULD be on emods anyway. the stock tire thing is, and has always been just plain dumb. street stocks run emods MOST PLACES IN THE COUNTRY. allied is, and always has been more concerned about keeping the street stocks, and sportsman for that matter, their own class of cars and have never tried to make more uniform rules with other tracks, it helps keep cars away, than bring more in. I never did understand this.

ill start the thread with my name is mike reagan driver of the 88 purestock now thats out there,,,,, why is it that emod tires were allowed to be ran on our cars on oct 11 and now i hear at the fall nationals it will be the same. i understand why the guys who support belleville on a weekly basis should have to change our cars to be compettive with the cars that have, an will show up in my opinion they should have to adjust to our rules being the and if the the rumor is true about fall nationals then the emods need to be allowed next year im not bashin allied or anything like that but i simply dont agree with this.....another thought to is when we change our tires for these shows we put on junk the other guys show up with new rubber

once again,

mike reagan
Mike, ask yourself this, Do you want to have bigger purse street stock races at Belleville? If the answer is yes then that is why you have to open the rules up a little. You must increase the car counts dramaticly because without higher car counts you can't pay the bigger purses because the fans just don't support the support classes. There are a few LM and mod fans that show up to the "support class specials" but for the most part it's just the diehard street stock/sportsman fans that show up and its barely enough to cover the bigger purses. Also a few of the Highland Street stock guys do have to buy new or used emods for these specials as some run Goodyears at Highland. Be glad you get to race for more than $125 to win a few times a year.

the street stocks at bville SHOULD be on emods anyway. the stock tire thing is, and has always been just plain dumb. street stocks run emods MOST PLACES IN THE COUNTRY. allied is, and always has been more concerned about keeping the street stocks, and sportsman for that matter, their own class of cars and have never tried to make more uniform rules with other tracks, it helps keep cars away, than bring more in. I never did understand this.

Could not agree more Rick well said...

I am willing to bet emods will be allowed next year.if your gonna run junk emods the just keep on your good street tires.there was quite a few cars at the fair race with them.it ****ed in the heat but worked out fine in the feature.they also did say you were allowed floaters on the rule page for that race.I was kinda frustrated myself about the tires and if they are going to run them at pevely I wont be able to afford to go.would be nice for a uniformed set of rules though.

running emods is not going to bring more cars allied is the only local track with spec cam rule, so unless they change motor rule too that will bring more cars but not the tires

running emods is not going to bring more cars allied is the only local track with spec cam rule, so unless they change motor rule too that will bring more cars but not the tires

see.... another way to keep the cars allied cars only (the cam). street stock car counts are good for now though. rule changes, happen VERY SLOWLY with ALLIED, sometimes not at all. keep hoping though!!

have you seen the joke they call sportsman around central Ill rules what rules and some of the allied legal cars were keeping up right with them car count at I55 for sportsman is about double what is in central Ill alsothey must be doing something right This is the 61st year of racing at Belle Clair Speedway

have you seen the joke they call sportsman around central Ill rules what rules and some of the allied legal cars were keeping up right with them car count at I55 for sportsman is about double what is in central Ill alsothey must be doing something right This is the 61st year of racing at Belle Clair Speedway

I have seen the sportsman around other areas, and even raced with them. the good thing about less rules is, and you may not believe this , but there is a whole lot less p.i.s.s.i.n. and moaning about so and so is cheating. I think a few simple rules in the street stocks and sportsman instead of long lists with everyone having a different interpretation of whats written, would be better, but that is JMO. also, we were talking about Belle Clair, not I-55.

It maybe the 61st year but allied hasn't been there for 61 years they started running belleville in the early 90's i believe.

It maybe the 61st year but allied hasn't been there for 61 years they started running belleville in the early 90's i believe.

Allied has been at Belleville since i can remember and I'm 39. They did not run it a couple years in the early 90's but other than that they have been a mainstay there.

I have no problem with allied changing the cam rule. Tires??? The way I look at it, if they lift the cam rule, the highland, TCS, or whomever racers can get a set of radials and throw on just as easy as I can go get some used up e mods and put on mine. So if they want to run for the money "my" home track puts up, they would do it. Same as I would if I went to theirs. I get my tires now for 50-78 bucks brand new. What's an E mod? $115?

Plus, the Belleville cars are UMP factory stock sanctioned. That sanction requires street tires. If we went to e mods we'd have to either not be UMP or sanction with the UMP street stocks. The UMP street stocks have standard rules now I do believe so the rules would be a lot wider open. Which would mean the bellville cars who will get some UMP money this season wouldn't under street stock sanction.

the cam rule is fine with what it is look what ponder does at highland.as far as the tire rule it would probly be cheaper to most because u can buy emods from the mod guys 10 to 30 bucks a piece.if allied has to change the rules for big shows then just run the rules all yr long.in return more cars on weekly basis.

it maybe the 61st year but allied hasn't been there for 61 years they started running belleville in the early 90's i believe.
you need to lock at the history of allied and bellec claire better yet ask donnie klein i'm sure he can tell you they must be doing something right because they left and came back

I dont think the cam rule is a bad rule, was just saying that would get them more cars than the tires. As the tire rule I also believe is a good rule they have, ya you can go buy used e mods for $10-$30, but who is going to do that when there getting beat by new ones. you can go get used tires for that price right now that fits there rules, and Im sure some do.

Back