Hornet

Rob & Cindy

I've got a olds with a quad 4 DOHC Its very fast Im selling it minus seat an belts. asking 400.00 very nice cage pic on I-55 site Its the white 77 call 573 358 3627 or e-mail Rcmvplace@aol.com
Thanks Rob

Selling it because they wont let u run a DOHC at I-55 Thats the only reason If they would let me race it Id keep it. no thnks on the other cars Ive got a 90 probe that will be done sometime this week. I TOOK IT TO FREDRICK TOWN LAST SUNDAY AND WON THE HEAT. THEN CHANGED TIRES AND THAT WAS THE WRONG THING TO DO AND FINISHED 4TH IN FEATURE. IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE17 AND 71 CAR EVERYON TALKS ABOUT IN THE HEAT THEY WASNT EVEN CLOSE AND THEY ARE THE TOP DOGS I HEAR UP YOUR WAY

Speed wasnt the issue, cost was. A lot of the newer and more expensive hotrod 4 cylinder cars are DOHC, Billy stated that the move to eliminating the DOHC cars had nothing to do with speed, and everything to do with keeping the cost down. A SOHC won the championship and some money races elsewhere last year. Of course, it was tweaked too, so that was the impetus behind the new "no engine mods" rule, as well, again to keep costs down. The hornets at TCS are just as fast, if not faster, than they were last year.

However, the DOHC cars at Highland and Brownstown, where the rules are much less restrictive, are considerably faster than anything I have seen so far. Of course, the ones running out front are also the most expensive hornet cars I have seen, too.

Back