How did the rules get set and approved?

Duckdog said:
Millsey, You said in your own post that this meeting was going to be about the awards banquet and finalizing the election. You gave us a couple days notice about the meeting and while most of us weren't there you set the 2005 rules. I stuck up for this organization when others bad mouthed us because I believed in it but maybe they were right. I will be racing a Mini Stock next year but I will not be a RAMS member. This was a bunch of B.S.
Hey Millsey, hes got ya there, big guy!!!

As far as the basic rules go I would say everything is set, but every year we "refine" the rules to be more specific. We didn't change anything really, we just made a couple of things optional and not mandatory. Montgomery County might even set up some "track rules" for the mini stocks. What are you wanting done???

hey now ..

we can open rules discussion back up. if we all call for it. i thought that we were not supposed to vote eather but someone had said that if there is any changes that montgomery county was gonna make there own. so we left them alone. but like we did last year it got opened back up. we definatly need to have a meeting just for the rules discussion between all who drive ministocks at different tracks combine as one. all for one, and one for all, well maybe a few!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

To the best of my knowledge MCS is running RAMS rules, the only track rule to date is for the bell housing of the Transmission and that is for all the classes that run at MCS.

No discussions have been held at MCS to date on adopting their own set of rules for Mini Stocks.

John Barr
The Trashdog

Why do we have to go through this every year? For some reason we have to reinvent this freak'n class every year. Why do we need a rules meeting to "refine" to be more specific? The rules are the rules and we need to leave them alone. If we want to work together and get them a little closer then that only involves very few rules, minor ones at that. As of right now there are two sets of rules.....RAMS and Doe Run. The Rock and MCS use RAMS rules... You tell me which rules the majority prefer....car counts don't lie...

And Duckdog i understand part of your frustration of not knowing that the last meeting included rules BUT...you have a set of the RAMS rules and knew what they were when you joined...so like i said above, why do we have to reinvent this class every winter.. You've seemed pretty upset and have said plenty on a few of these post and right or wrong you've been asked...WHAT RULES ARE YOU WANTING LOOKED AT...and all i've heard is whining... Is it the Flat Side issue? I don't know...but what since does it make to one minute say we want to unite the rules and then want to allow such a rule which just seperates the two different rules even more. You're a member just like the rest of us. We know you're upset and the past is the past, but the question is what are you going to do now....keep complaining or discuss this. i wasn't at the last meeting either but if you have this strong of feelings about it then I'd think you would have been there no matter what....you're griping at Millsey and think he's so bad then why wasn't you at this last meeting for NEW OFFICER ELECTIONS since the leadership of the RAMS is such a deciding factor of you staying in the RAMS or not.

Don't ask what the RAMS can do for you, but what YOU can do for the RAMS...hehe

Not to offend you duckdog or anyone else but if we all want to get this all together then we need to get constructive and not destructive.

This is not ment to bash one of you or take up for the other...i just don't understand why we go through this every year...I think we take for granite that we all have a vote in our rules. Tell me how many other classes do the drivers have this much say so...

THE OFFSEASON IS HERE IN FULL FORCE!!

well Bill the rules do need to be refined. They need to be more specific. It seems we are still asking the same questions, is this legal or not? it does say in the rules "If it is not stated in the rules it must be stock", what about pistons? it does not say anything except you can bore for trueness. So pistons must be stock. right? This is just an example. My brother Ron is just upset because he is new to this type of racing and wants to build an engine but wants to stay within the rules. aluminum bodies is really just an example of things we need to talk about. If he would have known the meeting was a rules meeting he would have been there. Plus Mel from MCS wants to attend a rules meeting for us, and also Shawn Rayfield does too. I think it would be beneficial for us to involve them in a rules meeting. They may have some good suggestions. plus I think it is good to go over the rules from the previous year to see "how we can make it better" The more peoples opinions the better.
I also think my brother was upset because the meeting wasnt about what it was supposed to be about. Also everyone knew quite a few people could not attend, like myself. however if I knew it were going to be about the rules I would have taken off work. Please dont take this the wrong way Bill, I am just trying to explain myself.

Just A Couple Suggestions

Hey Ya'll I Have A Couple Things I'd Like To Say. No I Am Not A Rams Member/driver. I'm Just An Opinionated Outsider. So I Am Sure Some Of You Might Not Care What I Have To Say. But, For You Open Minded Folks An Outside Opinion Is Sometimes Good.

1st Off, I Like What You Guys Have Done. Ya'll Took An Idea And Made It A Reality. That Was Achieved Because You Banned Together And Worked For A Common Goal And Interest. Thats Done With Cooperation And Organization. Seems To Me From What I Read, That Has Been Kinda Suspect Here Of Late.

One Thing To Remember Is Nobody Will Be Happy With Everything. The Best You Can Be Hope For Is The Majority To Be Happy With Most Things.

Like Bill Said, You Guys/drivers Call The Shots. That Is Rare In Most Racing. Usually You Have An Association Board/promoter Calling The Shots. Kind Of A Like It Or Leave It Deal. So With That Said.....

Organization..... If You're Gonna Have Monthly Meetings, Have Them Scheduled. Say The Last Sunday Of The Month For Example. That Way People Know Exactly When It Is And Can Plan Around It. If You Are A Member And Want You Voice Heard, Be There!!!!! Also Have An annual Rules Meeting! Rules Set Should Be For The Entire Season. Unless A Situation Comes Up Needing Addressed Immediately.

Cooperation..... Any Ideas For Change Should Be Made By A Proposal. What I Mean By That Is, Don't Just Throw Something Out There That Came To Mind In A Spur Of The Moment. Think It Through. Draw Up A Proposal Outlining The Benefits Of Said Change. While Doing This, Take Into Consideration The Possible Negetives Of The Said Change. Because Not Everyone Will Like It And Will Have Their Reasons. Members Who Have The Right To Vote Should Be Given A Copy Of These Proposals At The Meeting Prior To The Annual Rules Meeting. That Way They Can Go Over Them And Decide What Way He/She Will Vote. Don't Change For The Sake Of Change. Make Sure It Is For The Betterment Of Your Association

Just A Couple Suggestions. I Hope You Guys Don't Mind Me Butting In. Like I Said, You Guys Have A Good Thing Going With The Rams. With The Addition Of Montgomery County Full Time, It Should Only Get Better. Good Luck!!!!

Andy Marlow(moderator)...... :D

thank you.....

for your comments, that is deffinatlly good points on some subjects. going through the election times makes it hard to, but as soon as i become president of the rams, i'd like to get on a set time of the month every month. set our monthly meetings months ahead of time. its just with all the changes we're going through is why its alittle scrambled right now. we do have some big things comming up that will make the format alot better for the racer and more exciting for the fan to watch. big things are happening with the rams and all us members will make it all happen. again, thank you... ;)

PITDRIFTER said:
Organization..... If You're Gonna Have Monthly Meetings, Have Them Scheduled. Say The Last Sunday Of The Month For Example. That Way People Know Exactly When It Is And Can Plan Around It. If You Are A Member And Want You Voice Heard, Be There!!!!! Also Have An annual Rules Meeting! Rules Set Should Be For The Entire Season. Unless A Situation Comes Up Needing Addressed Immediately.

Cooperation..... Any Ideas For Change Should Be Made By A Proposal. What I Mean By That Is, Don't Just Throw Something Out There That Came To Mind In A Spur Of The Moment. Think It Through. Draw Up A Proposal Outlining The Benefits Of Said Change. While Doing This, Take Into Consideration The Possible Negetives Of The Said Change. Because Not Everyone Will Like It And Will Have Their Reasons. Members Who Have The Right To Vote Should Be Given A Copy Of These Proposals At The Meeting Prior To The Annual Rules Meeting. That Way They Can Go Over Them And Decide What Way He/She Will Vote. Don't Change For The Sake Of Change. Make Sure It Is For The Betterment Of Your Association

Just A Couple Suggestions. I Hope You Guys Don't Mind Me Butting In. Like I Said, You Guys Have A Good Thing Going With The Rams. With The Addition Of Montgomery County Full Time, It Should Only Get Better. Good Luck!!!!

Andy Marlow(moderator)...... :D

Some great suggestions....Andy you are the type of member this organization
needs..One with fresh ideas...I think it would be great if you would attend
our next meeting. remember you don't have to be a member to attend....
Our meetings have always been open to anyone interested..I really hope
you can make it...Bob Kintz

My thoughts exactly...

Bob, you must have read my mind.
Who knew Senator Kerry was a member of this forum?!?!?!?!?! Is Wolf the next President of the RAMS?

FaithfulFan said:
Bob, you must have read my mind.
Who knew Senator Kerry was a member of this forum?!?!?!?!?! Is Wolf the next President of the RAMS?
"GREAT" minds think alike :D :D ...at this point no one else
was willing to accept the nomination for president.
Dave Woffard is running un-opposed...Wanna throw
your hat in? :eek:

Actually...

Actually, Bob, I was REALLY thinking about it. Are there any regulations to becoming President?
Age? Sex? From a certain track?
I know you don't have to actually race, right?
I don't like to see someone win because they went unopposed. COUNT ME IN!!!!! Where do I sign up? Maybe myself and Pitdrifter can run for P and VP!!!

FaithfulFan said:
Actually, Bob, I was REALLY thinking about it. Are there any regulations to becoming President?
Age? Sex? From a certain track?
I know you don't have to actually race, right?
I don't like to see someone win because they went unopposed. COUNT ME IN!!!!! Where do I sign up? Maybe myself and Pitdrifter can run for P and VP!!![/QUOTE
You may need to become a member of Bad Bob's church for wayward women, I'll check the rules on that...
"CRYSTAL & ANDY IN 2005"

Back