How Did You Come Up With Your Car Number??

carcar

How Did You Come Up With Your Car Number??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was something I never thought about until I interviewed Dave Spille at Brownstown, In and he told me that the #711 on the side of his car stood for his birthday.... then I found out that the #343 of Butch Hartman from out of Montgomery Co who is a volunteer fireman put that number on his car in honor of the 343 firefighters that lost their lives on 9-11-01.......

What about your car number???

cj
http://www.cjsdirttrackracing.com

:) could you give me their names and numbers so I can add them to my list on my site......

you can private message me if you don't want the name of here attached to you screen name..

cj

Barry Watson 14
Kyle Watson 88
Kyle is currently driving his dads 14 right now while his car is being finished.
What is you site i would like to take a look at it.

and our local track is Tri City Speedway

thankyou so much... am adding it to my list on my site...
I think it is really interesting to see where the numbers originated..
cj

my husband got his number by how many we have in our family. our 2 daughters, 1 son, him and myself.

number 5 hornet

i use my number because it has been in my family for four generations so i keep the tradition going.my great grandad ran the number #94,so did my granddad,my dad,and now myself.the number also works out for my wife and i as we met on the 9th month,on the 4th day(94),9 years ago and we have 4 kids(94).kind of interesting.

joey potter #94

My baseball number my whole life was 28. So c28 Corey Carriker, threw the c in so I wouldn't ever have to use any duct tape or anything.

My Father ran the number 116 on his 1/4 midget in the late 60's, later in the mid 90's when Highland brought back the bombers he and his friend Roy Butery ran the same number he had back in the day. When I sarted racing I picked it up as my own. When I went to get my first set of decals made I found it was cheaper to have a smaller #1 and a larger #1 the it was to have 2 large #1's. so now I have a small One and a larde 16. I am the #116, and on the strange side of weird, it also happens to be my Birth date added together, 11-22-83. Dave

My husband used the 3 for two reasons. My dad raced several numbers (555, 188, and 3) and also he is a huge Dale Earnhardt fan. The D is for our last name.

Lou Driemeier-3d modified

My number is in rememberance

The number i run is in rememberance of how many firefighters perished during the terrorist attack of 9-11-01. Since i am a volunteer firefighter, which i know that several other drivers are, it just seemed fitting to run a number in their honor. In fact at Doe Run on Sept. 9 and at Montgomery County on Sept 10, I am going to try and run a special paint scheme.

When I started in mini stocks in 2001, I started with #36 (80 Pontiac Sunbird)and painted it like Ken Schraders yellow m&m car. 2002 #36 painted like his 4th of july 2001 paint scheme.
When Kenny lost the M&M sponsor and wasn't sure where he was going to drive I built a S-10 for the RAMS Series and put #52 (ken Schraders Craftman Truck #) and also the # my uncle had on the modified he owned and Ray & Tommy Lewis drove in the 70's/80's @ Empire Speedway (now SFC Raceway).
As you can see I'm a BIG Kenny Schrader fan (even if my wife doesn't understand why). Why a Ken Schrader Fan? He hasn't forgotten where he came from. Ken Schrader, Kenny Wallace & Mike Wallace have always put Fenton/St Louis,Mo down as their hometown. Not until last year did Rusty Wallace start placing St. Louis, MO as his hometown, I believe it was Concord or some other southern city before. Sorry about the book.
Marty Boyer 52 RAMS

FAN OF 43 said:
#43....Richard Petty fan from way back.

Mike

Mike isn't the only STL racer with a surname of Harris to run 43 in honor of Petty, as Godfrey SS racer Jerry Harris has always run a Richard Petty paint scheme on his cars.

My dad's cousin, Jim Eaves was a very successful racer in the 60's and 70's. I fell in love with racing watching him. He always had #44. His son David races the yellow #44 late model. So #44 seemed a natural pick for me.
I asked Jim why he chose #44, and told me that it was because you could draw it on you're car easier because all you had were straight lines. I thought that was kind of funny.
Brian " Proud to wear #44" Eaves

I use F5 b/c 5 was my # when I raced Moto X and F stands for Fisher. I race Pro-4 at I-55. Chris Fisher F5

thankyou for all the great responses... I have really enjoyed reading these today....
keep them coming...!!!
cj

Brent was born on Friday the 13th. He played soccer in the first grade and by chance was given the #13 jersey. His first baseball jersey was also #13 so he decided to use the number in racing.

I ran 2% because I needed a "cow" related number and after racking my brains for days trying to think up something clever, i noticed the 2% on the milk jug in the fridge. I originally wanted to run m00 but Stuppy had the double-zero.

I know that Dave Jenkins runs D5 because His sons birthday is December 5th.

Tim

WELL that dreaded No#13 for many has proven to be a good omen for Brent's mom and dad......and has carried through for Brent...

and I love that cow story.......how unique.... love it...

cj

Back