How do I build a Camaro Street stock?

McMullinAuction

I want to run a camaro style car but montgomery speedway will only allow full frame cars. What Should I do in this situation. Am I allowed to put the camaro skin on another GM (say Chevelle) frame? Or am I just out of luck?

I want to run a camaro style car but montgomery speedway will only allow full frame cars. What Should I do in this situation. Am I allowed to put the camaro skin on another GM (say Chevelle) frame? Or am I just out of luck?
I don't see any reason why you couldn't put a camaro body on a full frame chassis. You would have to cut a Chevelle frame down to 108" wheel base as they are 112" or use a Metric frame which is 108". With a little extra work you could even fabricate your camaro body out of aluminum.

camaro

if you have access to a rolling chevelle frame use that and make the body fit. the chevelle frame is way better than the small metric frame, in most cases, way faster too. Is there a rule that says they must be 108in wheel base?, no big deal if there is, cut it right in front of the rear suspension mounts at the seam and reweld it after removing 4in from the channel.(make this as inconspicuous as possible) box it, add an X brace and a cage and go from there. Unless you are lapping every other car they won't look that close at your frame, they have bigger fish to fry.

all the tracks in the area have nothing in there rule book about body matching the fame. me and my dad put a 53 chevy body on a metric frame. as long as it meets the deminsions then your fine, and trust me. the fans love something different so go for it

Back