How Many Street Stock Drivers At Godfrey Are Tired Of Running 6 Or 8 Lap Features

ARE YOU TIRED OF RUNNING 6-8 LAP FEATURES(SS DRIVERS OF GODFREY)

• I DISAGREE WITH THE SUGGESTIONS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RUDY PU RACING

DIRT FAN FOREVER
Last Four Weeks We Have Run Last And Had Our Feature Cut Due To Time Limit. I Have Spoke With Several Other Drivers And We Are All Sick And Tired Of This. We Pack Track Every Night And Pay The Same Pit Passes And Run For Peanuts. You Put A B-mod Class In The Program And Want To Be Done By 11pm. Chad Naylor Has Done A Great Job So Far This Year And Track Prep Is Been Really Good And Busting Their Butts, For That I Thank You.. So Im Suggesting A Few Things To Meet Your Time Limit.

1st Start Your Drivers Meeting At 6:00 (your 30-45 Minutes Late Every Week)

2nd Time Limits Are For More Classes Than Street Stocks. B-mods And Sportsmans Have Taken Longer To Get Done But No Time Limit On Them I Guess.

3rd You Put A Beginner Class On The Track Last And It Is Usually Dry And Slick So Ofcourse There Are Cautions. Rotate Like This Late M. And Mods First Then 1 Week Ss, Sp, B-mods, Next Week B-mods, Ss, Sp, Wee Aafter That Sp, B-mods, Ss. Sounds Fair Right??????

4th Which Ever Class Has To Be Cut To 6 Laps Like Friday Night 7/9/04 Should Get Free Entry The Next Week Of Racing.. That Is Only Fair Or Run Off You Supporters And Lose Car Counts, Cause That Is Going To Happen If This Continues

how about some more frequent brake checks and looking a little closer at different cars coming in and cars that just doesnt quite look up to spec. Ya know like cars that look like they just knocked out the windows and painted a number on it.

Getting all these laps cut is getting very old!

I think that if laps are to be cut,they should cut a few laps in each class.
I understand because of ump rules laps can't be cut in a-mods & late models.
That still leaves 3 classes.Lets say 6 laps cut,that equals the six laps cut in the ss last week.

Everyone pays the same to race so they should all get treated the same.
Just my opinion!

Guessin imma bit different..more than duh comes to my mind..lol. Please...cutting classes..bad idea. Give them time..to get things in order..not all teir fault they got a curfew to go by..and a strict one at that.

Sounds to me (and looked to me twice this season) that they just need to get the races started on time and have the track packed before the cars get there. Having the racers all come out and pack the track between the time they get there and the start time is not efficient. If your going to run a Friday night track you need to have someone that is off work working on the track during the day. Otherwise switch to Sundays.

I Am Not Saying This Is The Problem In This Case, But At Some Tracks It Is. The Wrecker Service At Most Of The Tracks Around Here Just Plain Sux. I Don't Know Who Pays Who, Or Is It Voluntary Or What. But, It Is A Drag The Length Of Time It Takes For Wrecks To Be Cleared At Most Area Tracks. Tracks Need To Get Tow Trucks That Are Practicle Not Roll Backs Or Those Big Heavy Duty Ones With No Push Bumper. Dead Time Sux!!!

Seems to me like last friday they took a long time on every caution to get it cleared and restarted..they would go 3 or 4 laps before starting again. I dont think its fair to cut any classes because they all pay the same money to get in...they should start the drivers meetings AT 6 or 6:30 not half an hour later...

lets just totally cut out the b-mods, this class is a joke. they all ran with the a-mods sunday at tcs. if you cant run with the big dogs stay home chickin. get rid of this class and you can run all the other races without cuttin laps!!!

Fredericktown Raceway, runs 5 classes every week, and is done no later than 11pm, most every night. And I think we have too many yellow flag laps. We do start on time though, that helps tremendously. At the meating the flagman says what he has to say and we go racing. It isnt a 30 min question and answer session, and b!tch fest about what happened "last week". Does your track have the 2 spin rule??

i think for the street stocks they should have the same rules for them as they do at macon and farmer and lincoln. they all have the same rules. im sure we would probably make the trip if the rules were the same. but i heard they were different.?

pimpin 21m said:
lets just totally cut out the b-mods, this class is a joke. they all ran with the a-mods sunday at tcs. if you cant run with the big dogs stay home chickin. get rid of this class and you can run all the other races without cuttin laps!!!

I dont think thats true for even half the class...many of them probably changed things on the car, its not too hard to do that to upgrade to an A-Mod. Its not like they ran their B Mod Setup...

Brandon you have a good point..at Lincoln the ss class runs first, and I agree that putting the ss on as the last race, the track is **itty holes in it and very slick no wonder there are so many yellows. I think Godfrey has already lost at least 4 ss drivers who said they won't be back and it is a shame because that class usually has the most cars and gets paid the least and gets shorted laps. And at almost every track I have been at this year the ss class has the least yellows, except at Godfrey and Granite, cause all that is is a crash fest. Hell, at Godfrey I watched them take out a leader in a heat race and everyone acted like it was no big deal.

I understand the frustration from the street stockers. I don’t think that cutting any class would be necessary. Just keep the show moving. I’ve been to a couple other places with curfews… The officials really kept the show moving. They had everybody in constant state of hustle.

Pimpin 21m,
First off I want to ask you, what’s the joke with the B-Mod class? It’s modified class that’s more affordable to run. Also, I doubt any b-mod drivers are frightened (as you must be suggesting) to run with A-Mod class… I think it would have a lot more to do with the thousands of dollars cost difference between a competitive B-Mod and a competitive A-Mod. You seemed to point that out yourself by stating that “they all ran with the A-mods sunday at tcs.”

Need4speed,
I’m thinkin’ a lot of those guys were running pretty close to the same thing they run as a B-Mod on a regular basis. I really don’t think these guys went and changed from a gas 2-barrel carb to an alcohol 4-barrell carb… changed from cast iron heads to aluminum heads… changed from a 3-speeds or power glides to berts or brinns… and went and rescaled the car to 200 lbs. lighter JUST to run one Sunday race.

Rotation

Maybe rotating the features would be nice for all classses. One week Sportsman have the 1st feature next week mods and the next Latemodels. Then everyone gets the glory they ALL Deserve ... I have seen it done at other tracks. Just a thought!

Lisa Jones :)

dirtgirl said:
Maybe rotating the features would be nice for all classses. One week Sportsman have the 1st feature next week mods and the next Latemodels. Then everyone gets the glory they ALL Deserve ... I have seen it done at other tracks. Just a thought!

Lisa Jones :)

I agree with you, most tracks do this..i dont know why they dont.

I Think Rotating As I Suggested Earlier In My Post Would Make Most Drivers Happy. The Noise Of Running Latemodels And A-mods Should Be Done Earliest As Possible, Plus Gives Everyone Time To Get Cars Ready If You Run A Consi. I Also Agree There Should Be Only Two Classes To Pack The Track(latemodel And All Mods) It Would Help The Stop And Wait 2 Minutes Everytime Someone Else Gets On The Track.i Do Not Want Any Classes Cut, It Is Not Nessesary, Just Need To Keep Things Moving. I Think The Two Lap Rule To Change A Tire May Need Some Re-thinking. Takes Too Long, But It Can Be Very Valuable To Those In A Point Lead That Has A Early Crash. Talk Doesn't Do Anything, Someone Needs To Act On Some Of This. Jmo

We Need The Bob Kaiserschoo;l Of Tow Truck Driving To Teach The Pro's How To Get It Done,3 Minute Timer Could Be Good Also, Alsp All Classes Neddto Apck The Track Or Suffer The Consequences Later On In The Evening

Randy Pu makes a great point about running the higher Decibel classes earlier--got to keep the neighbors placated.

But it seems to me that folks are missing Godfrey's biggest culpability in dragging the show out--running races with 4-6 cars. And they do it in EVERY class. A few weeks ago they had 14 LMs--6 in the dash, and instead of one 8 car heat, they ran two FOUR car heats. Earlier in the year, they had a night with 16 Sportsman on hand, which they sub-divided into three heats of 6,5, and 5 cars. Why not two 8 car heats?
If it takes even 3-4 minutes to line a race up, this can easily add up to a minimum of 10-15 minutes a night.

Back