Hutchinson & Dixon takes Fastrak Midwest wins at Malden & Poplar Bluff!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Hutchinson, Dixon Split Wins in Fastrak Midwest/Dirt Late Model Magazine “Night at the Races!” Doubleheader Weekend

By Todd Niemann

(EDWARDSVILLE, IL) 2005 Fastrak Midwest Region runner-up Scott Hutchinson and Dirt Late Model Hall of Fame racer Ed Dixon shared the glory in two nights of racing action at Malden Speedway in Malden, MO, and Poplar Bluff Speedway in Poplar Bluff, MO as the Fastrak Midwest/Dirt Late Model Magazine “Night at the Races!” series of events passed through the Missouri Boot heel for a doubleheader weekend.

On night one of the two-day show Hutchinson battled back from a seventh place start at Malden Speedway to take the win, pulling off a low side pass on Scott Tracer and Allan Rettig to move into second, then gradually wearing down Steve Karnes for first. Hutchinson was followed to the checkered flag by Malden weekly racers Karnes and Tracer with Allan Rettig and current Midwest Region points leader Chris Carlson rounded out the top five.

“I knew it was going to be tough to get to the front,” Hutchinson said after the win. “But I dove in low on that one lap and the car just stuck and I drove right by. After that I knew we had a good car and I felt like we could win it.”

At the tacky, red, and polished granite smooth Poplar Bluff Speedway on night two the track belonged to Dixon. After trailing home seventh at Malden, Dixon stormed back to take a solid win, beating 2005 Fastrak Midwest Champion Joe Morris into second with Carlson third. Allan Rettig put in a strong performance again to take fourth and Malden Speedway podium finisher Scott Tracer claimed fifth.

“I really think this is the future of racing,” Dixon, a Super Late Model legend said. “So I am here to support this deal and take a crack at that big race for $50,000 to win at the end of the year. Racing these cars is a lot of fun and it’s always great to win.”

The next event on the Fastrak Midwest/Dirt Late Model Magazine “Night at the Races!” is set for Saturday, Sept. 2 at Montgomery County Speedway in New Florence, MO with Touring Series drivers racing head to head with the Weber Chevrolet Fastrak Late Model weekly racers on their home turf. The night features over $1000 worth of free fan giveaways including Dirt Late Model magazines, t-shirts tossed into the crowd at intermission and unlimited subscription discounts.

For more information about the Fastrak Midwest/Dirt Late Model Magazine “Night at the Races!” series of events call 618-741-0407. For directions, times or other information about the Montgomery County Speedway race go online to www.montgomerycountyspeedway.com. For more information about the Fastrak Racing Series, please visit www.fastrakracing.com.

Dirt Late Model is a nationally distributed monthly magazine that focuses on the teams and drivers in Dirt Late Model racing as well as the important issues facing the sport today. Now in circulation for over 10 years, Dirt Late Model features the best writers and photographers in the sport, including Todd Turner, Tony Hammett, Chuck Gonzalez and Rick Schwallie. For more information or to subscribe to Dirt Late Model call 1-800-536-5277 or write to Dirt Late Model, P. O. Box 349, Powell, TN 37849, or go online to www.mompub.com.

Unlimited Imprints specializes in a wide variety of corporate promotional items to fit every need including t-shirts, hats, key rings, mouse mats, pens, pencils, etc. all available online or the store in Godfrey, IL. Unlimited Imprints also offers a full range of design services and consulting. For more information call 618-466-6600 or go online to www.unlimitedimprints.com.

Fastrak Midwest/Dirt Late Model Magazine “Night at the Races!” Results

Malden Speedway, Malden, MO Aug 11

1. 13H Scott Hutchinson
2. 11K Steve Karnes
3. 94T Scott Tracer
4. 8 Allan Rettig
5. C12 Chris Carlson
6. 24 Joey Mack
7. 28 Ed Dixon
8. 11K Shannon Kuhn
9. 34 Scott Gibbs
10. 5S Chuck Still