I-40 Bullring Brawl This Weekend For M.a.r.s.

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
By Ben Shelton

Batesville, Arkansas (July 26, 2004) – After losing a double header in Oklahoma last weekend to Mother Nature, the stars and cars of the O’Reilly Mid America Racing Series (M.A.R.S.) will thunder back into action as they prepare for the I-40 Bullring Brawl.

With only thirteen events left on the 2004 M.A.R.S. tour the point's battle at the top continues to be tight as Wendell Wallace continues to hold down the top spot with Terry Phillips nipping at his heels, just 43 points out of first place in the series standings. Jeff Taylor, Jeff Floyd, and Bill Frye round out the top five in series’ points.

Other drivers expected to be in action include Peyton Taylor, Raymond Merrill, Gary Stolba, Keith Craft, Shane Essary, Jon Mitchell, Brad Looney, Dustin Mooneyham, Scott Drake, Brandon McCormick, Jerry Buck, Steve Rushin, Joey Mack, Leslie Essary, and many more super late model stars of the Midwest.

Night #1 of the double header will find the Martians at the ¼ mile, oval at Memphis Motorsports Park in Memphis, Tennessee for a $3,000 to win, 40 lap feature event on Friday, July 30th. Memphis Motorsports Park is located at 5500 Taylor Forge Drive off of Fite Road between Highway 51 and Raleigh-Millington, seven miles north of I-240 near Millington. General admission tickets are $15 for adults. Children 12 and under $5 (Age 5 and under free). Pit passes are $25 for ages 12 and up and $15 for children 6-11 (Age 5 and under free). Pit gates open at 4:00. The spectator gates open at opening at 5:00. Hot laps are at 7:00 and racing starts at 8:00. For more information contact the Memphis Motorsports Park Ticket Office at (901)-358-7223 or visit the O’Reilly Thunder Racing Series website at www.thunderatthepark.com.

Night #2 of the double header will see the Martians head down the I-40 corridor to the Clay’s ¼ mile bullring at I-30 Speedway in Little Rock, Arkansas for a Saturday night showdown on July 31st. Adult admission is $15 and kids 6 -12 are $2 when accompanied by an adult. Pit passes are $25. Gates open at 5:00 and racing starts at 7:30. I-30 Speedway is located 7 miles southwest of Little Rock on I-30 to County Line Rd. (Exit 126), then South to Frontage Rd., then East. For more information visit www.i-30speedway.com

The O’Reilly Mid America Racing Series would not be possible without its fine sponsors. 2004 corporate sponsors of the series include O’Reilly Auto Parts, Alltel, Competition Cams, Turbo Blue, Schoenfeld, GRT Race Cars, Larry Shaw Race Cars, Kuntz & Co., Hatfield Racing Engines, and Hoosier Racing Tires. 2004 associate sponsors of the series include Brodix, Body Bilt Breaks, JFR Graphics, Scott’s Performance Products, Appleton, Pizza Hut, Rockhard, and Muddslinger .

For more information on the series visit the official website of the O’Reilly Mid America Racing Series at www.midamericaracingseries.com.

Back