I-44 Speedway To Celebrate Silver Anniversary Of Racing With Exciting Schedule

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Lebanon,Mo.-The High-banks of the Lebanon I-44 Speedway will be celebrating its 25th year of racing for the 2008 season with an action-packed schedule featuring something for everyone.

The beautiful 3/8ths mile oval set in the valley off historic Route 66 has become a fan favorite and has even upgraded over its 25 years of racing from when the gates first opened in 1983.

A good mix of weekly shows and special events for 2008 will find the weekly shows featuring UMP LateModels,USRA A-Modifieds,FactoryStocks,Bombers,B-Mods and Rookies highlighting regular action,while Superstocks and 305 Winged Sprints will be on the card for limited apperances

The Special events for 2008 will feature the popular traveling USMTS Modifieds making 2 apperances as they will help on the season opener on March 29th along with a return apperance on Aug.9th.

For open-wheeled Sprint Car fans,the Central Missouri based Winged Outlaw Warriors will make an apperance on May 17th to show just how fast the clay oval truly is.

LateModels fans not only get to see weekly LateModel racing,but will witness 5 different challange race dates between the World Of Outlaw Latemodels,the newly-formed AllState DLRA(Dirt LateModel Racing Association) Series and the MARS Cars-N-Stars.

The 1st of these challanges will have the World Of Outlaws and Mars going head to head on April 26 as FactoryStocks,and B-Mods will be supporting the challange in Non-points battles.

The Newly formed AllStateDLRA will make there I-44 debut on June 14th against the O'Reilly MSRA(Mid-South Racing Asociation).Last season was the 1st season for the MSRA with Joey Mack claiming the season title while Jeff"The Fireball"Floyd was points runner-up.

On July 3rd the AllState DLRA LateModels go to battle with the Cars and Stars of the O'Reilly MARS Series as these 2 Series will light-up the High-banks of the I-44 clay while A-Mods and FactoryStocks will battle in point races also.

Labor Day weekend will feature a 2 day show on Aug. 29th and 30th as the Speedway will host the 6th annual Larry Phillips Memorial as the DLRA crew battle the MARS Cars-N-Stars for bragging rights.

The season will end with another 2 day show as the Fall Shootout will see DLRA Vs MARS LateModels.

The season points battles will begin on April 5th and will go right until the season championship night on Aug 23.

Special paying nights will see the USRA A-Mods look for extra money on June 14 as well as a possible bonus if a driver can win at the LebanonMidwaySpeedway and I-44 they will capture an additional $500.

The same deal is set for the FactoryStocks on July 26th at I-44 and if they can win at Midway the night beforean extra $500 will find a drivers pockets.
The Bomber 500 will be ran on Sept 6th paying a driver $500 to win and is also a Midway/I-44 Challange weekend.

The Speedway will host an open practice evening on March 22.
The Speedway is located off Exit 135 on I-44 and back West off Historic Route 66.It features Tier Parking to where the whole family can tailgate and cookout along with benched-backed seating in the Grandstands with room for close to 5,000 seating.

For more information visit the website at www.LebanonI44Speedway.net or contact Promoter Randy Mooneyham at 417-224-7074

Tenative Schedule

March 22-Practice/Test-N-Tune Night

March 29-O'ReillyAutoParts USMTS Modifieds plus FactoryStocks/B-Mods/Bombers (Non-points)

April 5-Points Begin-UMPLateModels/A-Mods/FactoryStocks/Bombers/B-Mods/Rookies/SuperStocks Starnes Auto Body Sponsor

April 12-Points Show-UMP Lates/A-Mods/Factory/Bombers/B-Mods/Rookie Tim Parsons AutoSales Sponsor

April 19-Points Show-UMP Lates/A-Mods/Factorys/Bombers/B-Mods/Rookies Henderson's Htg&Cooling Sponsor

April 26-World Of Outlaw LateModels VS.O'Reilly MARS LateModels Non points for Factorys/B-Mods AllState Insurance Sponsor

May 3-Points Show-UMP Lates/A-Mods/Factorys/Bombers/B-Mods/Rookies Natures Best Pet Store

May 10-Points Show-UMP LateModels/A-Mods/Factorys/Bombers/B-Mods/Rookies/Superstocks
Hardee's Of Lebanon

May 17-O'Reilly Winged Outlaw Warrior 360 Sprints
Points for A-Mods/Factorys/Bombers Plus 305 Winged Sprints Al's Liquor Drive-In

May 24-Points Show-UMP Lates/A-Mods/Factorys/Bombers/B-Mods/Rookies McDonald's Of Lebanon

May 31-No Racing

June 7-Points Show-UMP Lates/A-Mods/Factorys/Bombers/B-Mods/Rookies/SuperStocks
Lindsay Auto Group

June 14-AllState DLRA Lates Vs O'ReillyAutoParts MARS Points for A-Mods/Bombers/B-Mods Plus A-Mods Win at Both Midway and I-44 $500 Bonus
Outlaw Racing Engines/Wrinks Market

June 21Points Show-UMP Lates/A-Mods/Factorys/Bombers/B-Mods/Rookie
Fohn's Furniture

June 28-Points Show-A-Mods/FactoryStocks/Bombers/B-Mods/Rookies/SuperStocks Plus 305 Winged Sprints
Page Printing

July 3-AllState DLRA Lates Vs.O'Reilly MARS Lates-Points for A-Mods/Factorys
Quality Htg & Cooling

July 5-No Racing

July 12-No Racing

July 19-Points Show-A-Mods/Factorys/Bombers/B-Mods/Rookies/SuperStocks Plus 305 Winged Sprints
Wyota Inn

July 26-Points Show-UMP Lates/A-Mods/Factorys/Bombers/B-Mods/Rookies-Factory Challange Weekend-Win both at Midaway/I-44 $500 Bonus-American Auto Parts

Aug.2-Points Show-UMP Lates/A-Mods/Factorys/Bombers/B-Mods/Rookies
Dowd's Catfish House/Comerce Bank

Aug 9-O'Reilly USMTS Modifieds-Points Show-Factorys/Bombers/B-Mods/Rookies
Lebanon Kawasaki Suzuki

Aug.16-Points Show-UMP Lates/A-Mods/Factorys/Bombers/B-Mods/Rookies/SuperStocks
Value Tire/Results Advertising

Aug 23-Season Championship-UMP Lates/A-Mods/Factorys/Bombers/BMods/Rookies
J'S Family Dining

Aug 29&30-6th Annual Larry Phillips Memorial
AllState DLRA Lates Challanging O'Reilly MARS CARS-N-Stars along with A-Mods/Factorys/Bombers/B-Mods/Rookies
S&S Recycling Super 8 Motel

Sept 6-Bomber 500 Plus Rookies/B-Mods/Missouri Legends-Bombers Win at Both Midway and I-44 $500 Bonus
CMT Transmission

Sept 13-TBA

Sept 19&20-Fall Shootout featuring the AllState DLRA Lates Challanging the O'Reilly MARS Lates Series Plus A-Mods/Factorys/Bombers/B-Mods/Rookies And 305 Winged Sprints

Tenative Schedule Subject To Change

Back