I-55 Canceled for Tonight

The Talker Guy

The Talker Guy
Rain - 2

I-55 - 0

For the second year in a row the rain wins. Sorry.

No word on the C of C Race being re-scheduled. From what I have heard, it probably won't be re-scheduled but there's nothing officail on that yet.

TTG/MM

This ****s, I was really looking forward to going. Hopefully Belleville won't get rained out Friday. :(

CoC Re-schedule...

How about a redo on another Wednesday night with the Modifieds in place of the Sprints, same pay as what it was going to be tonight, 2k for both classes but the Mods are the other class. Lets say maybe a date in August, so theres time for planning and promoting and such. Try to schedule it so Schrader and Wallace can make it but if they can't, then well it still could be ran anyway.

So what do you say....CoC-LMs and Mods, 2k each, run mid-week, how does that sound???

Dirt that sounds good I would like to see that with all the mod talant in this area. And with all the late model talant too. So what do you think talker guy who do we need to take this too. Help us out. This rain ****s i hope it nice all weekend long with all the good racing in the area and with summer nats starting on Monday at Godfrey.

I HOPE THE WEATHER IS GOOD TO AND THAT IS A GOOD IDEA DIRT! i THINK THE MODS DESERVE A GOOD PAY RACE! SOME OF THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY RACE AROUND HERE EVERY WEEKEND! aND I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT SHEDULED MID WEEK TO SO SHREADER AND WALLACE AND MAYBE A COUPLE OTHER GUYS EVEN CAN COME RACE! aND I AM WITH YOU DRTFN4EVER2 I HOPE IT IS NICE ALL WEEKEND TO I AM PLANING ON GOING FRIDAY TO COC SUNDAY TO TRI CITY AND MONDAY TO SN

I'd love to see one of these big $100,000 to win mod races like they had at Batesville! Talk about an awesome race!!!!!!

Better yet, two day show with $10,000 to win mods on Friday and $50,000 to win latemodels on Saturday!!!!!!

I once heard someone say that I-55 could be Eldora West! UMP sanctions races at Eldora such as the Dream and the World don't they? I think it would put I-55 on the map for good!!!!!! But then again, I'm just a fan in the seats. Don't know much about all the "behind the scenes" crap.

Eldora has a whole lot more seating for fans, and pit areas for race cars. I-55 could probably hold a 40,000 or 50,000 to win race, with about a hundred thousand dollar purse ( 5,000 fans x $20.00), but they would have to expand the pit area and put up some temporary lighting. I to would love to see a weekend race that draws about 65-70 latemodels and the same amount of modifieds (20,000 dollar purse). Anybody got an open checkbook?

Unfortunately, with the "alphabet soup" of sanctions in the sport today, such a show would have to be scheduled VERY early or VERY late in the season--we're talking mid March or very late Oct.--for it to draw enough cars be feasible financially. And then think of the risk of not getting such a show in. But one can dream, right? :)

With the correct amount of promotion, the end of season I-55 nationals could easily turn into one of the "Mecca's" of dirt late model racing. This race this year since it is a WOO late model show will probably draw around 45-50 latemodels for the purse that will be paid.

MLRA and WDRL race in late Oct at Lakeside Speedway. They drew 70 Late Models and 65 Modifieds for that 2 day show last year. It was 2 complete shows. $2,500 to win on Friday with Kyle Berck taking the win and $5,000 to win Saturday With Terry Phillips taking home the cash. Kelly Shyrock took both Mod races.

Back