I-55 Pepsi Nationals on Speed today

Dixon Fan

Dirt is in...asphalt out
Don't forget the I-55 Pepsi Nationals will be on the Speed channel today at 2 p.m.. Unless things changed.

Pepsi nationals is that the mod show or streetstock main show? Duh i was at both but just don't remember what it was called call it a blonde moment only im not blonde lol.

I-55 looked to be as awesome as everybody has always says it is. I might have to make the 400 mile trip up sometime for sure now!

A few observations

Did anyone else catch the interviewer's crack about O Neal's "unsanctioned" wins earlier in the year at I-55 in the victory lane interview?

...or in the final rundown when the driver of the #3L was listed as MARK Taylor?

...or how Kenny Wallace showed himself to be a true St Louisan by telling everyone what high school he went to. LOL

I noticed all of that. Also noticed how Kenny continuously remarked about how great this track was and how it's one of the best tracks in the midwest. I really think that this made the track look even better! Much better coverage than The Outdoor Channel's coverage of the sprints. A race this good being televised should help put Pevely on the map once and for all!!!

I don't know who the announcer was with Kenny Wallace, but someone that is within 5 or 10 years of drawing social security can no longer be called "The Kid"....lol

Billy "The Kid" Moyer...lol That's a good one.

Great racing though, fun seeing the hometown guys on tv.

John Barr
The Trashdog

It was also great to see the incar views from Miller's cameras. I've often wondered what a ride around I-55 would look like. Probably the closest I'll ever come to it!!!!

It was cool to see the local drivers on a national channel. Especially, seeing local driver Jim Morrison's interviews. Anyone know what happened to him in the feature? He was doing so well that night. Also, anyone know what happened to Allgaier that night? He's usually really fast, especially at Pevely.

He started front row for his heat and went into turn 1 on the second lap jumped the cushion and hammered the wall.

Back