I-55 Pro- 4 cars claimed

Grange

Range 65
I keep hearing that there are a few folks in the stands that have $600 in their pocket to claim the cheated up cars.

If anyone comes out and is dominant or blatently faster than the others. They will be claimed as some spectators are tired of the races being stunk up.

Has anyone else heard this rumor? Should make the championship interesting.

I know everyone cheats a little but some of the cars are just rediculous. Should make it interesting...........

There's talk of this every year and no one ever does it. I think someone should grow a pair and do it. If the claim starts to get used it will make these people think twice about spending a ton of money on a 4cylinder.

claim

My dad brought the money last year to claim a car. The officals told him he couldnt because he wasnt a racer. I guess now its fair game for spectators as well.

Yep, It will be interesting. Hopefully we will have some fun competative races to put on a good show. It would be nice to know that you can take your regular stock car and compete for a win or top finish.

It's just a little scary cause everyone has more than $600 in there car in safety equiptment alone.

Who can claim a 4 cyl? Anyone? Or like the other classes the driver only and they have to have the money on them and have to be on the lead lap ???? Doesn't UMP make you have the same make of motor?

Dirtgirl, Cash in hand. UMP only has a tire rule for the 4cyl. class. All other rules are track rules.

Starracer, just curious but dont you guys own that car now.:D:D

As far i as know that we are a self policing class, which tells me that only a driver can claim another car. And you can only claim a car if your car was a feature finishing car, doesn't have to be on the lead lap.

Dirtgirl, Cash in hand. UMP only has a tire rule for the 4cyl. class. All other rules are track rules.

As far i as know that we are a self policing class, which tells me that only a driver can claim another car. And you can only claim a car if your car was a feature finishing car, doesn't have to be on the lead lap.

Allied Auto Racing Association
2008 Pro 4 Stock

This is a low budget CLAIMER CLASS. We will be racing for bragging rights and Trophies only. NO MONEY!

The Claim Rules Will Be As Follows
$500.00 and exchange of a running feature finishing car.
$600.00 outright made by any racer or spectator.
Officials must approve all claims.
Officials may claim any car at any time.
Claim must be made in cash to Protest Man within 15 minutes of final feature race.
No one can make more than one claim per season.
Claimed car may not be claimed again for 2 complete race nights.
Refusal of claim will result in a suspension of car and driver for 4 race nights.
Car is claimed less seat, seat belts, window net and fuel cell.

#1 $500.00 and exchange of a running feature finishing car.
#2 $600.00 outright made by any racer or spectator.
#3 Officials must approve all claims.
#4 Officials may claim any car at any time.
#5 Claim must be made in cash to Protest Man within 15 minutes of final feature race.
#5 No one can make more than one claim per season.
#6 Claimed car may not be claimed again for 2 complete race nights.
#7 Refusal of claim will result in a suspension of car and driver for 4 race nights.
#8 Car is claimed less seat, seat belts, window net and fuel cell

If anyone feels that they are being cheated then by all means a claim needs to be made!!!!!

Also I would not take the "rumors" lightheartedly!!!!!

Problem is , there is no happy medium. If all our cars were $400-$600 cars it would be boring for both driver and spectator. Then try to move up in class, boom you are now spending 10,000.00 $$$ on a sportsman, if you want to win. I wouldn't mind seeing RAMS rules, or dual cam cars at pevely. It would be easier to tech. the cars. Also it would be harder to make the adjustment to a faster class without getting used to a little speed!

If you go see Donnie Jumper and get a professional cage built right it's about $700.

Good seat $200
Good Belts $100
Window Net& latch $50.00
Roll Bar padding $20.00
Battery Switch & Wire $30.00
Window Screen $20.00
1 gal Car paint $150
Cheap graphics $100

Watching star racer literally run the wheel off her car........ PRICELESS!

Just my 2 cents!

Okay, I know what it says in the rule book. But that isn't always how it works. Last year I was told "that only a driver can claim, and thats just how its going to be". So my statement on the earlier post is what I assumed will be the deal this year.

I dont like getting beat every week but I also dont want to claim someones car. I know how much time I spend working on mine. I just wouldn't feel right if I won a feature because I claimed a faster car to win a race or the championship.

Maybe Chuck is right, open up the rules a little and let the teams have some leadway. I dont care where its written or who says it, but racing isnt "low budget" an any class; at least if you want to be competitive. Not even lawn mowers.

Dirtgirl, The best??? wow, how about infinity:D I will tell you what I spent.
Fire suit - simpson $1600, but I only paid $600 at www.bsb-mfg.com with there sponsorship program.
Helmet- simpson super bandit $450
Shoes- simpson $89
Seat - kirkey $200 not including any extra supports ie. head, leg
Belts - RCI - $129 due up next year
Fuel cell- RCi (i think:eek:) $179
So we are at $1647

What I still need - nomex under garmets $250
- Hans device $800 +
If someone would like to purchase these item for my birthday, that would be great:D:D

So If we all wanted to be as safe as we could be it would cost upwards of $2600.00. Now I know there are cheaper routes on all of the above items but I do have a family so my safety is very important to me.

FYI did you know that these single layer suits that racers are wearing only have a 3 second time until you get 2nd degree burns. 1---2---3, and thats if the suit is new. If you have been wearing a suit for 2+ years you may as well race in your jeans and T-shirt.:eek:

Oh ya, If you need to purchase any of these items please call Nick at JW auto specialties in Ste. Genevieve Mo 573-483-3338. You owe me Nick:D

Jason Crump

Look at Crump trying to sell his sponsors stuff! Spoken like a true racer.

Racing is not cheap at all. Dirtgirl knows that first hand.

No matter who you are, you will have over $600 in your car with the cage and misc items. The car is claimed less safety equiptment, but still hard to get anything that will actually start, put a cage in it, and get it to go around the track for $600. Not mentioning the ummteen hours of labor this does not include.

I agree on the claim, that is why I put the post out here, cause after leaving the rules meeting, I was thinking OMG claiming will get out of hand this year. And I like most of the people in the class (Just Kidding) and do not want anyone claimed as they work every bit as hard as I did to get their cars ready and keep them running for the year.

I think there are only a few cars that are way faster than the rest, and I think they will get caught. I think winning would be fun, but it would have to take away from the win if you blow everyone away every week cause your car is cheated up and you just run everyone over. If I had that kind of money to spend, I would move up.

The best part of the whole deal is being able to race side by side with Crump, Racin Jason, Big Ron,Big Jerry,Chargin Chuck, or the entire Beuchting family,:D and the rest of the posse. Competing for the spot and outracing them.(Now if we could actually race for the win it would be allot better but..........)

That is what this is all about and what keeps us coming back and putting the hours upon hours of work into our cars. The good people you meet, and having a fun competition with them.

PS- Crump, you have to meet Dirtgirl, she is good people. Go to the flag stand and look halfway up the bleachers for a young lady in a ballcap with a ponytail hanging out, and drinking a pepsi. Tell her Gary sent ya.

I'm glad this topic finally came up. As someone who got a car ready over the winter and will be racing soon, if the rule truly is that anyone can just waltz out of the stands and claim a car for $600, that would make me REALLY nervous.

I've got enough ethics to get a car ready the old-fashioned way: buy one and then work my tail off to get it ready. But I can easily picture someone without the same ethics who wanted to get into a Pro-4 cheaply. He or she could just sit in the stands picking out which car he wanted to "claim" (really, buy at a deeply discounted price) and then claim/buy it at the end of the night.

Watch the classifieds--you can't even come close to buying a decent car for $600. And that doesn't represent all of the hard work, or safety equipment that stays with the car, or the money put into graphics for sponsors. I've got a few "sponsors" (using that term loosely!) and I would hate the thought of spending $150-$200 on graphics just to see that money go down the toilet when the car got claimed.

I'm all for enforcing the rules and keeping everyone legal, especially as a soon-to-be rookie who will likely be running at the back. I agree that the traditional claim rule--$500 plus exchange of a feature finishing car--does provide the incentive not to cheat. But it makes sure that any claimer is someone who has already gotten a car on the track, and isn't just looking to get into the sport at way-cheaper-than-market-prices. It seems like a traditional $100 protest rule would do the same thing.

Trust me, I'm not really worried that anyone is going to be beside themselves up in the stands waiting to claim my running-in-the-back car. But if the rule really lets spectators do that, it will make good, honest people who have legal cars deal with the consequences of refusing the claim. That's because they know that their 100% legal car is worth way more than $600, and it will take way more than $600 and a LOT of work to get back on the track.

Or, even worse, it would totally take away any incentive to race a car with any quality work done on it at all, even if 100% legal, and make people only take junk out on the track that they aren't afraid to lose for $600. If the purpose of the claimer rule is to increase competition, I'm sure that having a bunch of $600 junk running around the track isn't going to do that. Good competition comes from hard-worked, quality cars that are 100% legal.

Now how much for a cocktail holder mounted on that thing. :confused:

Crump I will meet you soon -- Grange is to kind. Especially when he is at my MERCY :eek: :D LOL!!!!!

And for the record I could probally tell you the cost of most items on these cars... Just like all the other women that pay attention to the drawer with the recp in them .... They think they hide them but I know where they are at and who paid for what ROLMAO !!!!!

Dirtgirl, I assumed you knew the ins and outs. I was just posting it for the readers. I would like very much to meet.

Race nut, very well said.

Hopefully I see you all saturday, with my American tire, J. Manns autobody, JW auto specialties TOYOTA. More sponsors coming soon.

Crump

Back