I-55 Raceway 2009 Preliminary Special Events Schedule

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
**There are still more things to be added to the schedule**

Saturday, March 21st - Test & Tune
Saturday, March 28th - Shop N Save presents the Ken Schrader U.M.P. DIRTcar Modified Challenge - makeup of cancelled 2008 event! - $2,500 to win & $300 to start. No entry fee.
Saturday, April 4th - Season Opener for ALL classes
Saturday, April 18th - WoO Sprints & UMP Modifieds
Saturday, May 30th - Tri-Track Challenge
Saturday, July 4th - UMP Summer Nationals
Saturday, July 18th - Shop N Save and the Special Olympics of Missouri and Illinois special event
Friday & Saturday, August 7th-8th - WoO Sprints 2 day special - $20,000 to win - $1,000 to start. Sportsman will be Friday's support class, UMP Modifieds will be Saturday's support class.
Saturday, August 29th - MARS-UMP Challenge
Saturday, September 19th - Pepsi Nationals featuring WoO Late Models
Saturday, October 3rd - Fall Sportsman Nationals
Thursday, Friday & Saturday, October 15th-17th UMP DIRTcar Roundup - Thursday is practice, Friday & Saturday racing.
Saturday, October 24th - Shop N Save presents the Ken Schrader Modified Challenge

That's a Month of Money event, so all the big guns will be in the house. Should draw many regional drivers as well.

Thanks for the preliminary schedule, Jimmy.

On august 7th the first day of the Sprint show the sportsmans are the support class? Is Belleville not going to be running that friday for some reason? Would like to race there but not if Belleville is running. Also who is going to run the show for the sportsmans on friday night if belleville is racing? Just curious as i am sure that there is a logical answer to this.

Tom

Good question Tommy. It could be a points night for the Pevely guys since they are not running on Saturday?

Hollywood

I have my calendar set for 2009. Practice on thursday for the round up is good news. Does that mean the payout for the other days will increase. The $20,000 sprint car show is awesome. Is Friday a prelim day and semi's and feature on Saturday? Glad to see all the late model shows coming back as well.

Kinda funny how we are in LM country and we get a BIG sprint show:confused:why no 20 G's to win LM race? I love that place, but some of the stuff is turning into a joke, the worst thing they did was stop having the 2 day Pepsi Nationals! How about bring in the Lucas Oil Series or have a race or just give us a 100 lap LM PLEASE!

Kinda funny how we are in LM country and we get a BIG sprint show:confused:why no 20 G's to win LM race? I love that place, but some of the stuff is turning into a joke, the worst thing they did was stop having the 2 day Pepsi Nationals! How about bring in the Lucas Oil Series or have a race or just give us a 100 lap LM PLEASE!

This is a PRELIMARY list of events. There are others being worked and not confirmed. Who knows what else may come. There a several events not listed that are annual events and they will be announced later. Just wait until those events can be finalized.

This list gives everyone something to start working with for I-55 Raceway.

Have you seen any other tracks with any specials posted yet? NO, just the UMP Summer Nationals are out.

Funny you say that Squirrel Now don't get me wrong I love the late models just as much as the next person but if you look at the forum lately most of the questions and concern's are focused on the sportsman and other class's. Don't forget those guys pay over 1/2 the bills at the track if you add the class's up without the Late Models. Again don't get me wrong it takes all class's to pay the bills and fill the stands. Just saying it's not all Late Model country. I agree with you on the 2 day Pepsi Nationals, those were some fun times. Glad to see the Dirt Round up is the big end of the year bash. A 100 laper will be great if they use transponders. Can you see how messed up the scoreing would be if it was done the way things are now? I think we all need to be happy there is that kind of racing going on with the times as hard as they are. JMO

Ya Jack we are glad to see I55 put something out, We are draging our feet waiting on there schedule. Once it comes out it only give us 2 months to get sponsors and make our schedule. Hard to work on sponsors when you don't know how many races you are going to run untill the last min. Good luck to everyone this coming year.

yeah i was wondering the same thing about that friday night sportsman race. that is normally the week of the st. clair county fair with the special sportsman race, so who knows.

hey jack, kankakee has their schedule out already.

i55

yea their was a chance to get a lucus oil race here 5/1-2/09 was tba for a long time on their schedule pir did get one of them.

Funny you say that Squirrel Now don't get me wrong I love the late models just as much as the next person but if you look at the forum lately most of the questions and concern's are focused on the sportsman and other class's. Don't forget those guys pay over 1/2 the bills at the track if you add the class's up without the Late Models. Again don't get me wrong it takes all class's to pay the bills and fill the stands. Just saying it's not all Late Model country. I agree with you on the 2 day Pepsi Nationals, those were some fun times. Glad to see the Dirt Round up is the big end of the year bash. A 100 laper will be great if they use transponders. Can you see how messed up the scoreing would be if it was done the way things are now? I think we all need to be happy there is that kind of racing going on with the times as hard as they are. JMO

Why don't you kick the money up for the transponders or, better yet why don't you try your hand at scoring since you know so much? You would probably be lost in 5 laps LOL!

Intake, I have had my hand in scoring so I can say how hard it is to score a race, done scoring both ways, Sorry you don't know what I do or don't know, Just saying it helps out alot. We do have our own transponder and I do work with them so yes I have the right to voice my opion, sorry to upset you, never said I know so much and yes I would be lost in maybe 6 laps BUT NOT WITH THE TRANSPONDER (unless it qiuts working) Every time I bring up transponders people get nervus about it? Afraid it will take out the favortisum (sorry spelling bad) But you get the idea. I55 says they might be useing them this year anyway,Or was looking into it, I understand since all the rain last year things got pushed back and the money was not there to do it last year, BUT no need to get all wound up over it.

No one with the track is nervous about transponders or you so called favoritism accusations. The track has used transponders for WoO events and the dirtcar nationals.

The real reason the track hasn't switched to them is the costs. They have elected to spend money making other improvements in the past few years (lighting and so on).

Jimmy is right I-55 does use transponders for some races
Belle-Clair runs a 100 laps Late Model race each year WITHOUT transponders
Hats off to those gals who keep track of that race

Intake, I have had my hand in scoring so I can say how hard it is to score a race, done scoring both ways, Sorry you don't know what I do or don't know, Just saying it helps out alot. We do have our own transponder and I do work with them so yes I have the right to voice my opion, sorry to upset you, never said I know so much and yes I would be lost in maybe 6 laps BUT NOT WITH THE TRANSPONDER (unless it qiuts working) Every time I bring up transponders people get nervus about it? Afraid it will take out the favortisum (sorry spelling bad) But you get the idea. I55 says they might be useing them this year anyway,Or was looking into it, I understand since all the rain last year things got pushed back and the money was not there to do it last year, BUT no need to get all wound up over it.

I know you don't score for Allied, and if you think there is so much favoritism and you are so all knowing , why don't you trot on down to the judges stand and give it a whirl and while your there try to uncover all the favoritism!

the sprint show

why are u gonna have a 20,000 to win sprint show and this is late model country and they all ready have the sprints come in april whhat about the late models or mods i just thank it's un fair .i enjoy the sprint show but seems a little unfair to me.

Been there & Done that with scoring and I know it's a hard job, Why not reread my last post insted of just copying it? I said I was no better and would get lost doing it and have. Favoritism to me is someone that gets a bad call and the next time someone else dose it gets away with it. Never said (once again) I knew it all, A little cranky arnt we? Jimmy I also am aware of the reasons why they have not done it yet and I'm glad to see the inprovements they have made. Do you know what they are plaining on doing for this year? If any? I know (since some people seem to think I know it all anyway) with all the rain and missed race dates they don't have the cash for some inprovements. But the place is great just like it is. Anyway back to the frist post, Going to be some great races (no matter your flavor of racing) at the track this year.

Back