Administrator
Staff member
All dates are tentative!!

March 27 - Playday
April 3 - Season Opener
April 17 - World of Outlaws
June 26 - UMP SN **Very Tenative-Waiting on UMP for final word**
August 7 - World of Outlaws

Look for many other shows!! This is just the very beginning of the schedule.

WoO tickets go on sale for those that bought reserved tickets last year on Nov 28th. They go on sale to the general public on Dec 10th..Off season ticket office number is 573-756-2593.

A nice NWWC race or USAC sprint/midget doubleheader would be awesome.
Anyone who was at the million could attest to the direction that sprint car racing is going.

I say the MARA midgets should take to the banks of Pevely. I know they have been trying to get a date there. THAT would be a race to see.

The WoO is the pinnacle of sprint car racing. Does it really take anything away from the driver, having the wings? Nope!

I enjoy the extreme action and speed of the WoO, and the WoO have been a fixture at I-55 for many years now. I would like, however, to see an additional non-wing sprint car race, preferably the USAC boys.

This is not negature, but USAC does come to the area. They race at Tri City at least once a year.
Having them on the high banks rather than the flat track would be a nice sight.
The MARA and Sprints of three or four years ago with Tony Stewart was a good show.
I think a Wednesday special once a month would be a money maker like they have been in the past years. The shows do not have to have NASCAR stars every time, but a different type show each month would be entertaining as long as there is a good top class.
Bring back the Tri State Challenge and the Challenge of Champions. Those were good Late Model shows.

That would be awesome to see a non-wing show at I-55. USAC/SCRA or midgets. It's all good to me.

How about those 2 RAMS dates for I-55. I didn't see those listed.:D :D

The WoO is the pinnacle of sprint car racing. Does it really take anything away from the driver, having the wings? Nope!

Ken Schrader,Jeff Gordon, Kenny Irwin, Tony Stewart, Ryan Newman, Kasey Kahne, Billy Boat, and now JJ Yeley.(USAC)
vs.
Dave Blaney.(Outlaws)

I think non-wing drivers have a slight edge but I do agree, any sprints are better than none.

The World of Outlaws do not even have a new owner or agreement for 2004 yet. Who Knows ??????

moonflow,i can't believe your comment about wings/non wings and drivers.its a night and day difference in the cars/engines/chassis and handling characteristics. the drivers mean A TON more in a non wing car. you obviously are clueless in your info to even make a statement like that. you couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

Here's one for the Christmas wish list....how about UDTRA/Stacker Series (or whatever they will call it this year) race.

Unfortunately I don't think it will happen.

I like anything openwheel but I have really grown to prefer the NONwing variety. I think bringing the SCRA vs USAC NonWing World Championship to I-55 would be GREAT. A USAC/MARA midget race would be cool to see too.

in my opinion the mod guys at pevely deserve a lot bigger show than 2gs to win!!! this track draws in excess of 40 cars on a regular sat. night show, no reason they couldn`t do an annual 10 g show!!!! they wouldn`t have enough pit area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS FOR I55 TO STOP HAVING THE OUTLAWS ON SATURDAY NIGHT. GO BACK TO THE WEEKDAY SHOWS!

IT JUST DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT TO ME TO TELL 3 OF THE 4 CLASSES THEY'RE NOT NEED THOSE WEEKS. THE OUTLAWS RACE THROUGH THE WEEK AT OTHER PLACES AND GET BIG CROWDS. I55 WOULD BE NO DIFFERENT. I UNDERSTAND I55 MAKES A LOT OF MONEY OFF THOSE SHOWS, BUT THOSE OTHER 3 CLASSES HELP MAKE THEM MONEY ALL SEASON.....J/M/O

BTW......... ANY TRUTH TO THE RUMOR, THAT THE WANNABEES ARE OUT AND THE PURESTOCKS ARE IN AT I55?????????? HEARD THAT RUMOR AND WAS WONDERING??????????

you heard what?

hey pitdrifter,
what did you hear about the bees, who said so and how can we find out for sure?
getting ready to build my third car for pevely and it would be a @#!!* to build it and not have a place to run it

I talked to Ray earlier this week and there was NO mention of any change in car classes.

Back