I-55 Raceway/Mod pay out

Ts18

Can anyone tell me why Ray and Kenny has not raised the modified feature payout to at least $700 for the modifieds? Those guys run their A** off and for only $500 bucks winning the points at the end of the year dont replace every thing you went through the whole year. And if it's because of Allied kick their A** OUT. I know people who race there and it takes a few hundred on a saturday to race and for those of you who know what I'm talking about those HOOSIER tires are not Cheap. Why dont the drivers get together and protest? Kevin Gundaker knows that it takes a lot to keep your car running that's why I'm starting to notice more car's at TRI-CITY Speedway.

P.s I guess Ray and Kenny don't care about the drivers or the car count. They still havent bought a new AMERCAIN FLAG FOR THE Damn FLAG POLE AND THEIR VERSION OF THE ANTHEM STINK'S.

Maybe Marler will wake up because the car count keeps going down. We havent had a mod semi in weeks. So between dry tracks and bad pay they are going else where. I-55 would get 35 mods easy on a normal night now we are lucky to see 24.

Hey Ts18 your a dumb azz if you really think Allied is holding money back from the Modified drivers. The promoter pays the purse. Allied just runs the show.

Ts18, I agree the modifieds put on a great show at I-55 and always have. But, they're not the only class that runs Hoosier tires and puts on a great show at Pevely. And there's no surprise about racing being expensive. I think the racing deal is working as best as it can for all concerned in this economy.

My suggestion, instead of starting a protest, you can start a petition to have the admission price raised at the front gate to pay for increased purses and see where that gets you. It's easy to come on here and spend someone else's money but unless your the acountant for I-55 you have no idea what can or can't be done financially. I miss the flag too but isn't a deal breaker.

And your statement about Ray and Kenny not caring about the drivers is totally wrong. They do care about the drivers, and the race fans, and their employees, and, yes, AARA. But they can't make everybody happy. Never have, never will. They try each week to do the the best they can and I respect them for that.

My name is Mike Meurer.

Well, at least you have raced there ONE time in 7 or 8 years I've been doing pictures and the website for them...

397275253_uSF54-XL.jpg

Can anyone tell me why Ray and Kenny has not raised the modified feature payout to at least $700 for the modifieds? Those guys run their A** off and for only $500 bucks winning the points at the end of the year dont replace every thing you went through the whole year. And if it's because of Allied kick their A** OUT. I know people who race there and it takes a few hundred on a saturday to race and for those of you who know what I'm talking about those HOOSIER tires are not Cheap. Why dont the drivers get together and protest? Kevin Gundaker knows that it takes a lot to keep your car running that's why I'm starting to notice more car's at TRI-CITY Speedway.

P.s I guess Ray and Kenny don't care about the drivers or the car count. They still havent bought a new AMERCAIN FLAG FOR THE Damn FLAG POLE AND THEIR VERSION OF THE ANTHEM STINK'S.
hey dumb dumb the mod car count is down at tri city also many tracks arenot getting themod count they did in years past

Ts18, I agree the modifieds put on a great show at I-55 and always have. But, they're not the only class that runs Hoosier tires and puts on a great show at Pevely. And there's no surprise about racing being expensive. I think the racing deal is working as best as it can for all concerned in this economy.

My suggestion, instead of starting a protest, you can start a petition to have the admission price raised at the front gate to pay for increased purses and see where that gets you. It's easy to come on here and spend someone else's money but unless your the acountant for I-55 you have no idea what can or can't be done financially. I miss the flag too but isn't a deal breaker.

And your statement about Ray and Kenny not caring about the drivers is totally wrong. They do care about the drivers, and the race fans, and their employees, and, yes, AARA. But they can't make everybody happy. Never have, never will. They try each week to do the the best they can and I respect them for that.

My name is Mike Meurer.
hey mike let me start off by saying i like you as a person and in my opinion your'e one of the best announcer's in the country but i think they should raise it to $700.00 i know one driver that quit running there for $500.oo he told me his self and it's not the economy tri-city pays $700.00 and the car count is down just last yr. theyaveraged 34cars this yr.26 cars

pay out

i agree a track like that that has real big shows with much higher pay outs should maybe spend alittle more on its local weekly guys

guess what I55 was getting the same car count as tri city last year for the same pay as last year car counts are down because of the economy

Mike,

Yes I agree that the economy is bad, but I don't think the racing fans would mind paying an extra 2 dollars to get in the grand stands if the fans know that the extra money is going to the drivers purse.

Okay, I agree, it does take a lot of money to run a race car no matter what class you are racing. It would be nice if the drivers would receive a little better kick back on the purses. Racing is an extremely expensive sport to maintain and if the winnings aren't worthwhile for the drivers and their time then you will start to see fewer and fewer driver until eventually there won't be any racing. It would be nice to see any race track show their patriotism by hanging an American Flag on a pole, not just driving it around the track.

As far as everyone who gets so defensive, this website is created for race car drivers and racing fans to give an opinion on the events that are taking place. I think its ridiculous the way some of you carry on and take offence to some of the comments. Not everyone has the same opinion on every issue and calling names and bad mouthing isn't going to change anyone’s way of thinking.

I have been to only one race this year at Pevely and it was a regular night. It was about 3 weeks ago and I saw a a great show. There was over a 100 cars that night. Again, this was a regular night. I, as a fan can care less about going from 36 cars to 26 cars. That is still way more cars than some tracks that charge the same price of $10. Crap, look at Belleville, $12 for that...come on!!! :mad::mad: Pevely puts on one heck of a show and always will for the price. I have said this before and I will say it again, I live 30 minutes from Mt. Vernon, 45 minutes from Highland, and 20 minutes from Belleville, but I will drive 1 1/2 hours for a good night of racing. I have been to these other tracks many of times but Pevely is well worth it and that's my choice.

I-55 never lets me down as a fan, keep up the GREAT work!!! ;)

I have been to only one race this year at Pevely and it was a regular night. It was about 3 weeks ago and I saw a a great show. There was over a 100 cars that night. Again, this was a regular night. I, as a fan can care less about going from 36 cars to 26 cars. That is still way more cars than some tracks that charge the same price of $10. Crap, look at Belleville, $12 for that...come on!!! :mad::mad: Pevely puts on one heck of a show and always will for the price. I have said this before and I will say it again, I live 30 minutes from Mt. Vernon, 45 minutes from Highland, and 20 minutes from Belleville, but I will drive 1 1/2 hours for a good night of racing. I have been to these other tracks many of times but Pevely is well worth it and that's my choice.

Amen to that brother:) TTG makes a good point and yes he is the best announcer in the USA!

I would like an A and H tire rule like some of the tracks are using UMP said it was up to the track this would save most of us at least 1 tire a night

Take a trip 1 hr and 45 min down to paducah or habstaudt and watch a race there. Both are twice as good as I55.

Back